The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by such_a_lady

Love the love triangle going on with BNE and JMusson clearly at it like anything and Greg making bitter comments in the corner :lol:

Boyfriend has gone out. To a bar. With people he met while at the TSA test centre. Including two girls. Applying for the same course as him (E&M). Apparently they're pretty.

While I have three essays to do tonight so am sitting at home in my pyjamas.

:colonhash:

:wink2: mwuaha

Its the green dino suit and the blue/white hair that does him, he's just that kind of awesome guy ;D
Reply 2941
Original post by punctuation

Original post by punctuation
Wait, what course are you doing?

El Maths. But still, no one else I spoke to had weird interviews like that.. people just think they do
Reply 2942
Original post by Brand New Eyes

aha, not everything is about looks :smile:

Owch.
so you're alive! Where's Chiara when you need her :frown:
and don't worry. We shall see in due course (that being 3 weeks )

Chiara is doing her homework :tongue:

Original post by medbh4805
Poor guy :frown: sort of his own fault though :erm:

Original post by manic_fuzz
:eek: OUCH!

Schoolboy error :no: shamed. Awkward. Was he an EM-er or PPEist?

He was begging the instructor to get time to fill out his answer sheet after the time was over... It was quite... pathetic... they didn't let him of course. He was a PPEist ^^
Original post by JMusson
*Had a 9 month, 7000 mile LDR... then she cheated*

That just, really sucks man :console: I know that doesn't make it any better but *is ashamed of the girl race*

Original post by JMusson
Owch.

I was talking in general, don't take it personally :smile:
Original post by JMusson
:wink2: mwuaha

Its the green dino suit and the blue/white hair that does him, he's just that kind of awesome guy ;D

????
Original post by nightmare91
Chiara is doing her homework :tongue:
He was begging the instructor to get time to fill out his answer sheet after the time was over... It was quite... pathetic... they didn't let him of course. He was a PPEist ^^

:frown: Oh.

:s wow, that's just one big fat pile of regret waiting to eat him up.
In one of my interviews, my now tutor's cat made an appearance. :love: RIP Europa, you are missed.
:frown: Oh.

:s wow, that's just one big fat pile of regret waiting to eat him up.

Less competition for you :biggrin: He should have know though... I mean if you think about it, going through all papers at the end, filling out the answer sheet takes a lot of time. I know we are not allowed to talk about the TSA but did it go alright for you?
Reply 2949

????

That's awkward, I was looking at Manic Fuzz' avatar while typing and for some reason thought it was yours :/
Less competition for you :biggrin: He should have know though... I mean if you think about it, going through all papers at the end, filling out the answer sheet takes a lot of time. I know we are not allowed to talk about the TSA but did it go alright for you?

Don't! Not even that!

Please read the announcement. When we say no discussion, we mean no discussion. This includes value judgements on how the exam went.

Haha :smile: what college was it anyways (if you know). Yep, I only need to beat four other people :rolleyes:
Reply 2953

That just, really sucks man :console: I know that doesn't make it any better but *is ashamed of the girl race*

I was talking in general, don't take it personally :smile:

Haha don't I know it. 3 days before my birthday as well. (It's a great sob story but it was like 2 years ago now. Je suis well over it)
But yea, the girl race is pretty shoddy really :tongue:
Original post by Zoedotdot
Please read the announcement. When we say no discussion, we mean no discussion. This includes value judgements on how the exam went.

Okay okay, got it. Didn't know that the people in Bangkok can actually discern the answers to the questions in my or others 'value judgements'. :rolleyes:

Haha :smile: what college was it anyways (if you know). Yep, I only need to beat four other people :rolleyes:

I unfortunetely don't know... I think it was an Open application. Who are the other 4 people? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Okay okay, got it. Didn't know that the people in Bangkok can actually "read out" the answers to the questions in my or others 'value judgements'. :rolleyes:

If you read the announcement you will see why we feel the boundaries are blurred, and how an innocent conversation can turn into exam discussion. I can tell you think it's stupid, but to be honest we're doing it for you guys, to ensure that the admissions process maintains its integrity as far as possible. Our decision has also been supported by a representative from Oxford, so it's not like we're putting down arbitrary rules either.
Original post by Zoedotdot
If you read the announcement you will see why we feel the boundaries are blurred, and how an innocent conversation can turn into exam discussion. I can tell you think it's stupid, but to be honest we're doing it for you guys, to ensure that the admissions process maintains its integrity as far as possible. Our decision has also been supported by a representative from Oxford, so it's not like we're putting down arbitrary rules either.

Okay I do understand... it just seems a bit harsh... I just asked whether she found it difficult or not, not what questions she couldn't answer. But okay I suppose you have to be strict about it.

Awww i feel so sorry for him :frown:
Although, i bet i wouldn't be feeling so empathetic if i were a fellow potential PPEist :colone:

Okay, i've written nearly 1000 words for this silly englit essay, i think it's about time to go to bed :rolleyes:
Original post by JMusson
Haha don't I know it. 3 days before my birthday as well. (It's a great sob story but it was like 2 years ago now. Je suis well over it)
But yea, the girl race is pretty shoddy really :tongue:

Oh wow, best not to think about and learn. Good, I should bloody well hope so! She didn't deserve you anyway :hugs:
Well... would you really prefer the boy race? :wink: some of us are non-shoddy

Okay okay, got it. Didn't know that the people in Bangkok can actually discern the answers to the questions in my or others 'value judgements'. :rolleyes:

I unfortunetely don't know... I think it was an Open application. Who are the other 4 people? :biggrin:

Hey! don't mock her :smile: It must be really difficult to have to judge what's acceptable and non-acceptable in terms of the tests so it's better to just have a blanket ban and save the mods time. Remember they're giving up their own free time to oversee things!

Ah no worries then. :woo: not directly against me. I really do wonder how many Merton applicants there were this year...
Oh this is my false sense of logic.

Pre-interview: 7:1
Post interview: 3:1

hence I only need to beat 4 other people to make it, hopefully. So I don't actually know who those 4 other people are, but they're somewhere out there in the world >< hmm

Obvs for E&M the ratio may be higher :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Okay I do understand... it just seems a bit harsh... I just asked whether she found it difficult or not, not what questions she couldn't answer. But okay I suppose you have to be strict about it.

Yes, it is harsh. But there is a very fine line between 'i found it hard' and 'I found this question hard' and so on, and it is best to nip it in the bud before it starts. Not to mention that a more flexible policy is far more difficult to enforce.

Latest

Trending

Trending