The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8160
Original post by sweetascandy
Any offers for E&M/PPE yet? This wait is killing me. My fb newsfeed is literally full of people getting interviews. I have a hotmail tab open as I speak. Uggghhhh...

I haven't heard of any econ offers yet. I'm nervously waiting too :eek3:
Reply 8161
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I feel the same. I'm thinking of disabling the e-mail function on my phone, as I have a mini heart-attack whenever I get an e-mail... and it usually turns out to be a Superdrug newsletter or something :redface:

Same, same. My friend got her offer at 3:30pm yesterday, so when I got an email at the same time today my heart was beating out of my chest. It turned out to be mundane spam :hand:
Reply 8162
no word on the PPe front or New college front?
Reply 8163
Original post by Doojam
I have my mock interview tomorrow :facepalm:

I'd really hoped that my rejection would come through beforehand so I wouldn't have to go through the torture. Damn.

Same! I have my mock interview tomorrow... as well as my driving theory.
This is not going to be a pleasant day..
I read somewhere about something about PPE applicants getting replies before Friday but I can't remember exactly where I read it :s
Original post by Accfin
no word on the PPe front or New college front?

I applied to new too Waheyy :smile:
Reply 8166
Original post by Locket
Same! I have my mock interview tomorrow... as well as my driving theory.
This is not going to be a pleasant day..

Ah, good luck. I'm sure you'll breeze the theory :smile:

The interview will be more challenging, but I guess that's the point.

Spoiler

Original post by Rachoo12
Oh my god the agony. I can feel the apparitions of past interviews crawling upon my skin.

I feel the same. I'm thinking of disabling the e-mail function on my phone, as I have a mini heart-attack whenever I get an e-mail... and it usually turns out to be a Superdrug newsletter or something :redface:

Original post by Doojam
I haven't heard of any econ offers yet. I'm nervously waiting too :eek3:

Earlier today, I got one of those junky spam emails but I only read the subject at first glance which said "Congratulations sweetascandy, you have been selected". My heart skipped a beat... But only after reading it did i find out that i had won some jackpot :s

Original post by Doojam
Same, same. My friend got her offer at 3:30pm yesterday, so when I got an email at the same time today my heart was beating out of my chest. It turned out to be mundane spam :hand:

What was the offer for? and which college?
Reply 8168
Original post by Bantersaurus Rexx
I applied to new too Waheyy :smile:

for PPE?

good luck btw!
Reply 8169
Applicant for Human sciences at St Catz. No interview yet, waiting nervously for news!

Any fellow St catz applicants out there? :smile:
Reply 8170
Earlier today, I got one of those junky spam emails but I only read the subject at first glance which said "Congratulations sweetascandy, you have been selected". My heart skipped a beat... But only after reading it did i find out that i had won some jackpot :s

I had a similar experience - I got an email from "undergraduate admissions", only for it to be Southampton confirming my offer :colonhash: So I feel your pain.

What was the offer for? and which college?

Law with European Law at Magdalen :smile:
Original post by Doojam

Arg spammedy spam spam. Hate it
It worries me when people get offers for the course I've applied to when I sent off my application before them too.

This week's just a big bag of worries.

Well, at least it wasn't spam :redface:
Reply 8173
Original post by silverspoonmess
sorry to hear it. where/for what were you applying? I hope I'm as gracious as you when I get my rejection.

I applied for E&M at Pembroke. Well, you should have seen me when I first read the email... It was an emotional breakdown, but what else can you do but stand up again, learn from the experience and start to look at other options.. :biggrin: Good luck to you!! :biggrin:
Reply 8174
Arg spammedy spam spam. Hate it
It worries me when people get offers for the course I've applied to when I sent off my application before them too.

This week's just a big bag of worries.

It was almost six weeks before I got my first offer, and by that point one of my friends had all five offers, despite sending her application weeks after me :eek: I was so worried.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. The time it takes for offers to be made differs massively from uni to uni.
Reply 8175
Original post by latela
I applied for E&M at Pembroke. Well, you should have seen me when I first read the email... It was an emotional breakdown, but what else can you do but stand up again, learn from the experience and start to look at other options.. :biggrin: Good luck to you!! :biggrin:

Oxford has started rejecting E&M applicants :afraid: Here it comes.

Spoiler

Reply 8176
Original post by ml27
Applicant for Human sciences at St Catz. No interview yet, waiting nervously for news!

Any fellow St catz applicants out there? :smile:

Yep, :smile:

I'm applying for mathematics... Nothing yet as well!
Reply 8177
Original post by Doojam
Oxford has started rejecting E&M applicants :afraid: Here it comes.

Spoiler

The admissions person told me that she sent the rejection email EARLY to me, because I'm an international applicant (from Finland). That might mean that they plan to start sending the invitations (maybe) tomorrow?? Good luck to all of you!
Reply 8178
Original post by Reminisce
Yep, :smile:

I'm applying for mathematics... Nothing yet as well!

Good luck! I read on the st catz website that they aim to inform all BA applicants by this saturday, and BSc applicants by next saturday. I've seen some Law interviews have been given out by St Catz, but no other subject as yet.

Very tense!
Reply 8179
Original post by latela
The admissions person told me that she sent the rejection email EARLY to me, because I'm an international applicant (from Finland). That might mean that they plan to start sending the invitations (maybe) tomorrow?? Good luck to all of you!

Thank you for the heads up!

I hope your applications to other universities are successful :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending