The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Fair enough, my brain is pretty dead too :yep:

Sleep well :tongue:

...You should probably be going too shouldn't you? :tongue:
hello everyone, I'm having another skype interview with Oxford today :biggrin: yaaaay, thank you very much for everyone for the prayer!!! :') this is a good chance to give a better impression ^_^

but, I wonder why it's only a maths interview. my feeling is probably right, I might be made an offer for straight maths o.O

but thanks everyone :smile: I'm just really happy right now. though if I didn't get it, I wouldn't be depressed either. if God wants me to go to Oxford, then I can get there :smile:
Original post by EEngWillow
...You should probably be going too shouldn't you? :tongue:

Yes mum :tongue:

I am actually just off to bed :smile: gonna watch 1 episode of pokemon first though :colondollar:
Original post by desy.kris
hello everyone, I'm having another skype interview with Oxford today :biggrin: yaaaay, thank you very much for everyone for the prayer!!! :') this is a good chance to give a better impression ^_^

but, I wonder why it's only a maths interview. my feeling is probably right, I might be made an offer for straight maths o.O

but thanks everyone :smile: I'm just really happy right now. though if I didn't get it, I wouldn't be depressed either. if God wants me to go to Oxford, then I can get there :smile:

Would you might a straight maths offer?

Very good attitude to have :yep:
Yes mum :tongue:

I am actually just off to bed :smile: gonna watch 1 episode of pokemon first though :colondollar:

I only do it because I care! :-P
I only do it because I care! :-P

I know :smile: I appreciate it :yep:

Night
Would you might a straight maths offer?

Very good attitude to have :yep:

thanks :smile: I wouldn't mind, although I prefer a Maths&CS one :/ oh well, maybe God has a better plan for me in that sense :wink:
Prayer said for GEG being unwell and desy.kris' second Maths interview :woo:

I'm gonna have to re-read that Mary/Elizabeth bit tomorrow. Such a beautiful bit of the New Testament. Fond memories of the scene of that from the plays I did too. Mary did the most beautiful plainchant singing in Latin for the Magnificant, and Elizabeth translated each line in English in the most wonderfully reverent tone. It was magical :love:
I know :smile: I appreciate it :yep:

Night

Good luck! (again)

thanks :smile: I wouldn't mind, although I prefer a Maths&CS one :/ oh well, maybe God has a better plan for me in that sense :wink:

Let us know how it goes :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Prayer said for GEG being unwell and desy.kris' second Maths interview :woo:

I'm gonna have to re-read that Mary/Elizabeth bit tomorrow. Such a beautiful bit of the New Testament. Fond memories of the scene of that from the plays I did too. Mary did the most beautiful plainchant singing in Latin for the Magnificant, and Elizabeth translated each line in English in the most wonderfully reverent tone. It was magical :love:

It sounds it! :yep:

Yep, just wait and see :smile: keep us all updated of course!

Good luck! (again)

Let us know how it goes :smile:

It sounds it! :yep:

Thanks. I feel VERY sick this morning. Silly nerves.

Thanks. I feel VERY sick this morning. Silly nerves.

If I was there, I'd give you the ultimate hug of nerve-soothing, but I'm not so here's a random medley of hug-based emoticons instead.

:grouphugs::hugs::hugs::lovehug::hugs::hugs::console::grouphugs::jumphug:

I'm sooooooooo close to just taking the afternoon off... :<
(edited 12 years ago)
If I was there, I'd give you the ultimate hug of nerve-soothing, but I'm not so here's a random medley of hug-based emoticons instead.

:grouphugs::hugs::hugs::lovehug::hugs::hugs::console::grouphugs::jumphug:

I'm sooooooooo close to just taking the afternoon off... :&lt;

Thanks :colondollar: I'll be fine once I'm in there...I hope. Just had a look at the essay part of past papers...if one of the questions comes up I am ever so slightly screwed...so gonna do some last min prep for that...

Why d'you want to take afternoon off?
Thanks :colondollar: I'll be fine once I'm in there...I hope. Just had a look at the essay part of past papers...if one of the questions comes up I am ever so slightly screwed...so gonna do some last min prep for that...

Why d'you want to take afternoon off?

Sounds like a plan :yep:

Because I can't be arsed to do anything at the moment... sadly I've already taken a fair bit of my holiday allowance so I can't just take afternoons off willy-nilly!
Sounds like a plan :yep:

Because I can't be arsed to do anything at the moment... sadly I've already taken a fair bit of my holiday allowance so I can't just take afternoons off willy-nilly!

Well just doss about on the computer then :yep:

I DON'T WANNA DO AN EXAM THEN STRAIGHT AWAY HAVE TO REVISE FOR ANOTHER ONE!
Well just doss about on the computer then :yep:

I DON'T WANNA DO AN EXAM THEN STRAIGHT AWAY HAVE TO REVISE FOR ANOTHER ONE!

Well that's what I'm doing anyway... so good idea! :wink: I'm actually just sitting with spotify running on my phone from the company WiFi browsing TSR. And pretending to be making notes whenever my manager walks past. Very important that part. Must keep manager unsuspicious.

Well, you could have started revising earlier... :tongue: :console:
Well that's what I'm doing anyway... so good idea! :wink: I'm actually just sitting with spotify running on my phone from the company WiFi browsing TSR. And pretending to be making notes whenever my manager walks past. Very important that part. Must keep manager unsuspicious.

Well, you could have started revising earlier... :tongue: :console:

I'm surprised they haven't noticed yet tbh :yep:

I did. I've written all the notes for tomorrow's exam...but since I've had two exams since writing those notes, forgotten it all...
I'm surprised they haven't noticed yet tbh :yep:

I did. I've written all the notes for tomorrow's exam...but since I've had two exams since writing those notes, forgotten it all...

I'm very good at not doing my job. My manager literally just came over to speak to me, taskbar has a firefox window labelled "TSR Christian So..." and he didn't bat an eyelid.
He also just gave back my placement report with a load of red pen on it. I didn't want feedback, just a signiture! Now I actually have something I need to do. Sigh.

At least you have notes! Is the exam tomorrow in the morning?
Reply 9457
Those clothes :afraid:

They are somewhat immodest...and yet...all those girls are virgins when they marry. Can you imagine how tantalising that is for their husbands on their wedding nights? :eek:

I was so disappointed that I surrended to sleep before the programme was half over. Before anyone suggests, it was not boredom that caused me to go to sleep but some heavy duty opioids for severe pain that caused it. I awoke around 11.30, realised I had fallen to sleep and promised myself to download it from Channel 4 to view during the day when I'm more awake!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm very good at not doing my job. My manager literally just came over to speak to me, taskbar has a firefox window labelled &quot;TSR Christian So...&quot; and he didn't bat an eyelid.
He also just gave back my placement report with a load of red pen on it. I didn't want feedback, just a signiture! Now I actually have something I need to do. Sigh.

At least you have notes! Is the exam tomorrow in the morning?

Ha ha at least that's the positive of none of my previous jobs having internet, can't doss off. Although I got told I talk too much when I worked at Smiths. Now I do agree I talk a lot...but when there are no customers, all the stock is out and the shop is tidy I think it's perfectly acceptable to stand behind the tills chatting as long as when there is something to do, you do it. Whereas what I do not think is acceptable is the manager literally watching us on CCTV which doesn't have sound and only showing the tills then calling us up telling us to do something in the shop, when we reply that actually we've done everything and yes all the stock has been rotated for this month, and we've even tidied the kids magazine (nightmare job), that he then goes and tells us to just stand silently and wait for customers. :lolwut:

Nah 1pm tomorrow :colondollar: but from 7-10 I've got church youth stuff tonight. Which I probably shouldn't go to...but last chance to see everyone this term.
Original post by yawn
They are somewhat immodest...and yet...all those girls are virgins when they marry. Can you imagine how tantalising that is for their husbands on their wedding nights? :eek:

I was so disappointed that I surrended to sleep before the programme was half over. Before anyone suggests, it was not boredom that caused me to go to sleep but some heavy duty opioids for severe pain that caused it. I awoke around 11.30, realised I had fallen to sleep and promised myself to download it from Channel 4 to view during the day when I'm more awake!

Aww :console: hope you're okay :yep:

Also I might have giggled that you fell asleep, and your name is yawn...

Latest

Trending

Trending