The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by synvilla
In the episode about Robin's pregnancy/not being able to have children there was a lot of things that bothered me. First of all, why didn't she make a home pregnancy test before telling Barney that she was pregnant? That wasn't realistic. Secondly, the hole pole vaulting thing. No one is that stupid, and the reactions from the friends were too much, too unrealistic, too annoying. They weren't behaving like normal people.

And then in general, I feel that the show isn't really moving forward. What happened with Robin's career? When they broke up 5 years ago it was so Robin could travel the world but she hasn't really been doing that (except for those short trips to Japan and Argentina). And she was supposed to be very accomplished, but so far I haven't really seen anything.

Yeah, and in the episode where Ted and Robin bork cup (in Season 2) he mentions that she lives in loads of places like Greece and (I think) France.

People were saying that the recapitulation of Ted and Robin's relationship (E16) was a boring story arc; however, in last night's I'd argue that it was merely a preface to put the longer "Ted still loves Robin" arc firmly to bed. Moreover, Monday's episode was confusing in terms of the Barney-Robin situation; maybe it was a readying episode wherein next episode they declare their feelings, but I'm sceptical as the next episode is entitled "Karma" - obviously something is going to be dragged up from the past.

On the topic of Ted meeting his wife at Barney's wedding I would say that there's too few episodes in this season for a relationship between Barney and someone to flourish this season (not even considering that there's still another season to go at minimum). Nevertheless, I would say that "Karma" could see the return of Nora, and Barney is known for being eccentric, so a quick fire wedding (in Atlantic City maybe) would not be unrealistic - but it wouldn't serve justice as many episodes were used for the Barney-Nora relationship.
Reply 661
The randomness in this show really has to stop. :facepalm2:

Spoiler

Reply 663
Original post by PrinceyJ
Yeah, and in the episode where Ted and Robin bork cup (in Season 2) he mentions that she lives in loads of places like Greece and (I think) France.

People were saying that the recapitulation of Ted and Robin's relationship (E16) was a boring story arc; however, in last night's I'd argue that it was merely a preface to put the longer "Ted still loves Robin" arc firmly to bed. Moreover, Monday's episode was confusing in terms of the Barney-Robin situation; maybe it was a readying episode wherein next episode they declare their feelings, but I'm sceptical as the next episode is entitled "Karma" - obviously something is going to be dragged up from the past.

On the topic of Ted meeting his wife at Barney's wedding I would say that there's too few episodes in this season for a relationship between Barney and someone to flourish this season (not even considering that there's still another season to go at minimum). Nevertheless, I would say that "Karma" could see the return of Nora, and Barney is known for being eccentric, so a quick fire wedding (in Atlantic City maybe) would not be unrealistic - but it wouldn't serve justice as many episodes were used for the Barney-Nora relationship.

"Karma" is Quinn's stripper name.
Original post by sammyria
"Karma" is Quinn's stripper name.

I thought it was "Carmen", I suppose that's why I didn't make the connection.
What's wrong with these writers?! Barney has always been the intelligent guy outsmarting everyone else. And now he's suddenly really stupid, naive and really gullible? And it's not funny when the conversation is too extreme/too unrealistic. Like "I'm not paying attention to what you're saying". Why can't they have normal, intelligent conversations?

And no one would out of the blue start a smoke room. That's just retarded. This season is terrible.

It's 2012, the kids look about 16-17. So Ted should knock someone up within a year...
Reply 666
Other than the gullible Barney i actually quite liked that episode actually.
I'm glad Lilly and Marshall are back in the city Ted giving them the apartment back was really sweet.:smile:
Where do you reckon Ted has gone?
Original post by Karma Charger

The thing that makes the most sense to me is for him to hang out in Long Island. The suburb life suits him.
Reply 670
He may have gone to hide out there but i think he will get another flat in the city, it makes little sense to move 2 characters back to have the main one move to the suburbs. He is also still single.
Reply 671
I really liked the new episode, even if the programme in general has gone way downhill.

It's 2012, the kids look about 16-17. So Ted should knock someone up within a year...

I think the next series will be the last. It looks like this series is drawing everything to a close. Ted meeting the slutty pumpkin and Victoria again. Getting closure on both of those relationships. Then Ted and Robyn realising they'll never be together and moving out. So by next series they'll be building up to Barney's wedding and Ted finally being able to meet the love of his life.
Original post by Rakas21
He may have gone to hide out there but i think he will get another flat in the city, it makes little sense to move 2 characters back to have the main one move to the suburbs. He is also still single.

Original post by Karma Charger

The thing that makes the most sense to me is for him to hang out in Long Island. The suburb life suits him.

Spoilers for next week say:

Spoiler

Reply 674
Original post by Beebumble
I think the next series will be the last. It looks like this series is drawing everything to a close. Ted meeting the slutty pumpkin and Victoria again. Getting closure on both of those relationships. Then Ted and Robyn realising they'll never be together and moving out. So by next series they'll be building up to Barney's wedding and Ted finally being able to meet the love of his life.

Given that the ratings are high i suspect that they will have a ninth series as the last.

Barney will marry Robin (i can't see him marrying Karma) and Ted will meet his wife. The ninth series will then see Ted marry her at the end and possibly a closing line of "and you were conceived that night".
Reply 675
Original post by Beebumble

It has been renewed until at least the 9th series with a potential spin off titled How I Met Your Father being mooted :sigh: Should have ended 3 seasons ago.
Reply 676
Original post by geetar
I really liked the new episode, even if the programme in general has gone way downhill.

agreed! I think this season has been naff but yday's episode was quite good! really liked the ending... I'm so soppy :colondollar:
Original post by Mess.
It has been renewed until at least the 9th series with a potential spin off titled How I Met Your Father being mooted :sigh: Should have ended 3 seasons ago.

Really? That's strange because like I said there's been a lot of change and closure this series like they're seriously setting up for Ted meeting the Mum soon.

As for the spin off seems a bit naff. It'll probably be from the Mum's perspective right? Which means they'll probably have set it up a few years in the past and It'll be a bit like Skins when they changed the whole cast which was imo terrible.
Would it not make sense for him to move into that house he bought in series 6?
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Would it not make sense for him to move into that house he bought in series 6?

Yeah. He should at least start renovating it.

Quick Reply

Latest