The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Would it not make sense for him to move into that house he bought in series 6?

Original post by synvilla
Yeah. He should at least start renovating it.

Where would he live until then? As far as I know, renevation takes a while and I don't really see Ted living in a semi-dilapidated house.

I think he'll probably find a place to crash in the city the spoiler for next week's episode suggests it.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Maybe Robin moves in with Patrice! I so want to see more of her.:biggrin:
Original post by Beebumble

Why? She might seem a bit ditzy (e.g. her "Welcome Robin!" banner) but she's probably best in small doses.
Original post by bpool1994
Why? She might seem a bit ditzy (e.g. her "Welcome Robin!" banner) but she's probably best in small doses.

She's just so innocent and lovely.:redface:
Original post by Beebumble

The whole "welcome Robin!" actually made me laugh. Only funny joke the whole episode
The whole "welcome Robin!" actually made me laugh. Only funny joke the whole episode

The quality of episodes has been decreasing it has to be said; I just got frustrated with the whole Ted-Robin-Barney thing. It's been done and they should leave it for plots that might be funnier.
Also, has anyone else noticed a change in Barney? He's becoming a whole lot more gullible as the season goes on. :confused:
Reply 686
The quality of episodes has been decreasing it has to be said; I just got frustrated with the whole Ted-Robin-Barney thing. It's been done and they should leave it for plots that might be funnier.
Also, has anyone else noticed a change in Barney? He's becoming a whole lot more gullible as the season goes on. :confused:

It is always the same problem when one character becomes bigger than the show. The writers then start to make the character a parody off thsmelves and eventually make the character the worst character on the show. Luckily enough for the writers of HIMYM, Ted is a ****ing disgraceful character so they have a long way to go to make Barney that bad!

I guess they're trying to change him in order to make him more ready for marriage, but they're doing it the wrong way. He's way too gullible for it to be plausible, he's like "honey" now. And it doesn't make any sense at all since he's normally the predator, the guy who fools others. It's just awkward to watch the show.

And Ted too, he's just too much.

Why can't they behave like normal people? Even Marshall&Lily, both of whom normally are the sane ones, were weird this last episode.

I keep thinking: Would I want to hang out with these people? And in the first few seasons I really thought "yes" and then I realized that it became a "no" to Ted. Now it's a "no" to all of them. If I met them in real life I would think they're mentally ill or something.
Reply 688
this series is a mess with this randomness :facepalm2:

In other news, Robin is in the Avenger's film (forward to 1:03):

I guess they're trying to change him in order to make him more ready for marriage, but they're doing it the wrong way. He's way too gullible for it to be plausible, he's like "honey" now. And it doesn't make any sense at all since he's normally the predator, the guy who fools others. It's just awkward to watch the show.

And Ted too, he's just too much.

Why can't they behave like normal people? Even Marshall&Lily, both of whom normally are the sane ones, were weird this last episode.

I keep thinking: Would I want to hang out with these people? And in the first few seasons I really thought "yes" and then I realized that it became a "no" to Ted. Now it's a "no" to all of them. If I met them in real life I would think they're mentally ill or something.

:lolwut:
I actually like Quinn =) She's kind of like Nora - smart strong woman, Barney's nemesis- but not quite so sappy. I still think he's going to end up marrying Robin, sadly, but I think she's a good character.

I'm wondering how they're going to bring Cindy back into it (presumably she's the reason the mother is at Barney's wedding?). Is Ted even still teaching?
Original post by Vohamanah
I actually like Quinn =) She's kind of like Nora - smart strong woman, Barney's nemesis- but not quite so sappy. I still think he's going to end up marrying Robin, sadly, but I think she's a good character.

I'm wondering how they're going to bring Cindy back into it (presumably she's the reason the mother is at Barney's wedding?). Is Ted even still teaching?

The theory is that...

Spoiler

Reply 692
Was there an episode tonight.

I like Quinn but agree that hes marrying Robin, i also preferred Nora.
Original post by Rakas21
Was there an episode tonight.

I like Quinn but agree that hes marrying Robin, i also preferred Nora.

Next one broadcasts on the 9th.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: I agree with you, I think that is what the writers are going to do but I hope they don't. Barney's supposed to be a batchelor and him and Robin are great as bros but it ruins it when they're together. And it would be like Rachel ending up with Joey in Friends :lolwut:

A possibility that I like better is that Ted has the kids but then something happens to the mother and he ends up with Robin.
I can't believe you guys are not rooting for Barney and Robin. :frown: They clearly love each other and it was so sad when Barney broke up with Nora but Robin stayed with Kevin. :'(
Original post by HalfBloodPrincess
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: I agree with you, I think that is what the writers are going to do but I hope they don't. Barney's supposed to be a batchelor and him and Robin are great as bros but it ruins it when they're together. And it would be like Rachel ending up with Joey in Friends :lolwut:

A possibility that I like better is that Ted has the kids but then something happens to the mother and he ends up with Robin.

I don't like them as a couple, its a lazy way out :colondollar: Lol I like that "And kids, that's how I met your mother. Then she got run over by a truck".

Original post by RabbitCFH
I can't believe you guys are not rooting for Barney and Robin. :frown: They clearly love each other and it was so sad when Barney broke up with Nora but Robin stayed with Kevin. :'(

It was sad :frown: I'm honestly not very keen on them being in relationships at all. Barney is just the ultimate bachelor. I kind of liked the fact that he mellowed a bit and considered something serious with Nora, but I'd prefer it to be a temporary thing where you see a different side to his character rather than "And then Barney got lame". I don't like Robin in relationships at all, she gets pretty whiney and annoying. Robin's probably my least favourite character, but I kind of like the lasertag, kid-hating Robin. Not the lovey dovey Robin.
It was sad :frown: I'm honestly not very keen on them being in relationships at all. Barney is just the ultimate bachelor. I kind of liked the fact that he mellowed a bit and considered something serious with Nora, but I'd prefer it to be a temporary thing where you see a different side to his character rather than "And then Barney got lame". I don't like Robin in relationships at all, she gets pretty whiney and annoying. Robin's probably my least favourite character, but I kind of like the lasertag, kid-hating Robin. Not the lovey dovey Robin.

But she's really hot.
Original post by RabbitCFH
But she's really hot.

You make a good point.
You make a good point.

I win. :ahee:

Who else hated Stella and Zoey very very much?

Quick Reply

Latest