The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Unit 2 - HIS2H - 22 May 2012

Who else has got this exam tomorrow?

How do you feel about it, and do you have any question predictions?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Vietnam tomorrow, feeling very nervous...
As for predictions, I really don't know :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by TheOneThatGotAway7
I'm doing Vietnam tomorrow, feeling very nervous...
As for predictions, I really don't know :tongue:

Vietnam isn't this unit. this is the impact of new liberalism :smile: and i think it will have foreign policy and home rule for source based question :smile: hopefully impact of war on society.
Reply 3
Source q on Foreign Policy surely
Reply 4
Original post by Bevanite
Source q on Foreign Policy surely

hopefully :smile:
Reply 5
thought it was quite nice, did questions 3 and 4
Reply 6
I thought it was quite nice,but i found it a bit difficult to find the differences and similarities between the sources...
I did questions 5 and 6, didn't like the look of the constitutional crisis one :smile:
Reply 7
Cameron what content did you put for the Lloyd George question?
Reply 8
Original post by KiMika
Cameron what content did you put for the Lloyd George question?

On the for side i put how he took actions, like proposing the smaller war cabinate, with no concern for the unity of the Liberals, in order to advance his political career, and other things along those lines.

On the against side, i put how he did what he did in order put Britain on a war footing so they would win the war, and to overcome Asquith's poor war leadership. Evidence for this were things such as the Munitions of War act and conscription.

:smile:
Reply 9
And Q5 basically was that Britain competed with Germany because Germany pursued Weltpolitik and Britain feared for their colonies that Germany would take over them right?
Reply 10
Original post by KiMika
And Q5 basically was that Britain competed with Germany because Germany pursued Weltpolitik and Britain feared for their colonies that Germany would take over them right?

Ummm sort of, my factors were a bit different. My factors were:

- Britain saw it's navy as it's main strength --> didn't want Germany to have a navy that could overpower Britain's.

- There was a large amount of support from the public for the naval race e.g. people demanded the building of more dreadnoughts.

- Britain feared the Germany could use it's large navy to upset the balance of power in Europe.
Reply 11
Original post by arnoob
Are you sure this was AQA unit 2??? I had mine earlier but it was on Stalinist Russia o.O

Yep this is AQA unit 2 - HIS2H. You must have done a different option on unit 2, not everyone does the same topics :smile:
Original post by Cameron 1
Yep this is AQA unit 2 - HIS2H. You must have done a different option on unit 2, not everyone does the same topics :smile:

I just realised xD I have a different exam code.
Reply 13
What a nightmare! Didn't finish. Bound to fail. Bye bye Oxford dreams
Reply 14
i liked the look of q5 but i thought i could write more for q4 than for q6
Reply 15
Original post by Cameron 1
I thought it was quite nice,but i found it a bit difficult to find the differences and similarities between the sources...
I did questions 5 and 6, didn't like the look of the constitutional crisis one :smile:

for the similarities i put that they both expressed the working class because source a was about rich vs poor while source b mentioned them being the most important for voting.

for differences i put source a focused on the loss being due a conspiracy theory while the other source said that the loss was due to what the people wanted and lack of reform in the past
Reply 16
I'm doing unit 2H my teacher said that foreign policy had never come up in a source based question before. I hope Irish question doesn't come up that is my weak point ~.~

Did anyone do the his1K exam yesterday? About Russia and Germany, if so what did you put for question 4? Because I think I misread the question, and now I feel like my life is over.. all I wanted was an A.. -.-
Does anyone know where I can get any helpful material for this exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got this exam on Thursday. Not sure whether I can revise everything in time....
I've got this exam on Thursday. Not sure whether I can revise everything in time....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending