The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool and Extra/Clearing

I'm having a look around and universities and courses that are in Ucas Extra and I saw a lot of UoL Life Science courses still had spaces.

If I was to miss my offer come August, would I be able to ring up (pretty much immediately) and ask for a place, even if I miss the offer slightly (BBB/BBC)? I wouldn't be in clearing but I'll ring to see if they have spaces and if they would accept me. I feel it would take a lot of persuading unless they really needed people to fill in the spaces, but i've got lots of my personal statement to make up for it (so i've been told) :colondollar:
Original post by YB101
I'm having a look around and universities and courses that are in Ucas Extra and I saw a lot of UoL Life Science courses still had spaces.

If I was to miss my offer come August, would I be able to ring up (pretty much immediately) and ask for a place, even if I miss the offer slightly (BBB/BBC)? I wouldn't be in clearing but I'll ring to see if they have spaces and if they would accept me. I feel it would take a lot of persuading unless they really needed people to fill in the spaces, but i've got lots of my personal statement to make up for it (so i've been told) :colondollar:

All courses are in Extra by default, universities have to set their courses to not show places in Extra, so it's not exactly a reliable guide to what courses actually have spaces left.

If you're not in Clearing then universities you talk to about a place won't have any way of seeing your application, including your personal statement. Some won't talk to you until you have a Clearing number.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Potally_Tissed
All courses are in Extra by default, universities have to set their courses to not show places in Extra, so it's not exactly a reliable guide to what courses actually have spaces left.

If you're not in Clearing then universities you talk to about a place won't have any way of seeing your application, including your personal statement. Some won't talk to you until you have a Clearing number.

And I have to decline my insurance before I go into clearing right ?
Original post by YB101
And I have to decline my insurance before I go into clearing right ?

Yes, which may take some time for them to arrange. You can't go into Clearing unless your choices are all unsuccessful or declined.
Reply 4
Does life science course in Liverpool often go into clearing ?
Reply 5
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yes, which may take some time for them to arrange. You can't go into Clearing unless your choices are all unsuccessful or declined.

Original post by YB101

I have no idea. And what was in Clearing in previous years isn't a great indicator of what will be in Clearing this year as it can vary a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending