The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubbish-username
They really do love keeping people waiting. They've got it down to an art form.
Makes me wonder though, although we've been told by others here that the security clearance is at the SC level, SC level checks are said to take about 2 months to process. Can't help thinking then that it'd be a Basic Check (BPSS) they do for us. Whichever it is, I hope they just go ahead and do it quickly and put me out of my misery. At the moment I'm a dead man walking with a tiny hope of light to cling on to. :frown:

I got my clearance through last week and I can confirm it's SC. It took 9 days including the bank holiday so it was super fast!
Original post by Berkshireboy
I got my clearance through last week and I can confirm it's SC. It took 9 days including the bank holiday so it was super fast!

Man that really is super fast. Unusually so. Have you been given a start date yet mate ?
Original post by jellybean55
I withdrew from the asylum caseworker process - are you still going to the interview even though you have an offer for the border force officer role?
I'm not sure. I don't trust e-mails telling me I have a job . I trust contracts that are written and delivered. But then both are home office and it costs me £70 to get to London by train at short notice.
Original post by Llamageddon
I'm not sure. I don't trust e-mails telling me I have a job . I trust contracts that are written and delivered. But then both are home office and it costs me £70 to get to London by train at short notice.

Yeh i know, it's annoying timing. I just thought it would be unfair to take a place at interview that someone else could have when I already have a job offer and probably wouldn't have taken the job anyway.
Reply 484
Still no reply to my asylum caseworker application - seems guys on here who have been successful and unsuccessful for an interview date have heard - I've heard nothing! :mad:

Those that have got interview invite, when is your interview for?
Original post by Expo
Still no reply to my asylum caseworker application - seems guys on here who have been successful and unsuccessful for an interview date have heard - I've heard nothing! :mad:

Those that have got interview invite, when is your interview for?

really don't worry about it....not hearing does not mean you have been unsuccessful. I waited for ages before getting an interview for the border force officer role. By the time I got invited to interview other people were having theirs already I think. The same can be said for hearing back after the interview! The whole process can be quite frustrating but try not to worry.
Reply 486
Afghan. Also unsuccessful.

Original post by HungryJack
Like alot of others, I too have been closely following this thread. Not gonna lie to you, I have a personal interest in it as I was unsucessful at interview. However, a few issues have cropped up that do leave a lingering doubt in my mind, especially with the undue influence that the employees of Capita played in the slection process and the lack of accountability within that organisation. In my own circle of aquaintances a total of 4 of us made it to the interview stage. 2 of us are non-white and the other 2 are white. Both of my white aquaintances recieved e-mails a couple of days after the interview stating that they had been sucessful. Both of us non-whites recieved negative e-mails a week or so later. My natural feeling then is that after they fulfilled their initial quota of succesful ethnic minority candidates the remainder of us have little chance of success no matter how well we perform at the interview etc.
So....Just out of interest...and I hope you guys don't mind me conducting this little unscientific survey...but of those here that were successful, what ethnicity are you ?
Original post by rubbish-username
Man that really is super fast. Unusually so. Have you been given a start date yet mate ?

Nope still waiting. But I've got a job at the moment so not too bothered when I start as long as I do at some stage.
Reply 488
Nope still waiting. But I've got a job at the moment so not too bothered when I start as long as I do at some stage.

I was told the course dates haven't been set yet on the phone, not too worried though, just waiting to hear back regarding security checks.
Does everyone who was successful for the border force job have a driving license?
Original post by Enigma55
Does everyone who was successful for the border force job have a driving license?
I have one but it wasn't listed as mandatory. The role recently advertised (IO) does list it.
Reply 491
The one I applied/was accepted for asked for a license
(edited 11 years ago)
yeh a licence was mandatory for the one i applied for. I got sent the medical questionnaire yesterday, no security clearance yet though.
Original post by jellybean55
yeh a licence was mandatory for the one i applied for. I got sent the medical questionnaire yesterday, no security clearance yet though.
Seeing as you all applied for the same thing as me that just means I haven't read mine properly.

Which is great. I haven't driven since I passed my driving exam.

...a while back.
Original post by FamilyPupil
Has anyone applied for the immigration case owner jobs?

I was sent an invitation for the online tests for this job.

Hopefully this time I pass!!!
Original post by Enigma55
I was sent an invitation for the online tests for this job.

Hopefully this time I pass!!!

Yes, I've been sent the invitation too. It's the first time I'll take the tests, so fingers crossed! Good luck !
Reply 496
Just got my security link. Will get it done after work!
Reply 497

Do you mean the questionnaire or the actual security clearance result? If the latter, do you get a letter or email?
(edited 11 years ago)
Are there any existing Civil Servant currently awaiting the outcome of the online test here? Just wondered if anybody has an idea of when we're likely to find out if we're going ot be invited to interview?
Original post by musicman5
Do you mean the questionnaire or the actual security clearance result? If the latter, do you get a letter or email?

I mean the result. I got the link a few days after I heard I had the job (a few weeks back). The result arrives as a letter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending