The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Bris
You could use a P45 or P60 if you have one of those? This may not follow for all banks but the co-op told me that the statements they printed in branch would be the same as the ones I could print out online so they were no good for me. In the end I handed in my driving license minus the paper counterpart which I didn't have. On the same day I got my offer I got a call asking me to take it in so if you don't have what you need on the day don't worry, you will be given an opportunity to bring any outstanding documents in, just make sure you have them ready.

Okay, cool. I have my P45, a pay slip for another job, the online printout, my checkbook, bank card, and the overdraft statements (with my name and address on them). And then the other stuff that they ask for. Hopefully that all-out blitz should be okay. Thanks.
Home printed online bank statements are just fine Geetar. Thats all I had and its actually the norm these days with so many people having exclusively online bank accounts.
Anyway.....Got my security clearance email come through a few hours ago. Llamageddon is right. If this is an SC check its definately a watered down version of it because SC forms normally ask alot more questions on alot more different subjects. It is now in the hands of the gods. Lets just hope the gods are happy with me...and you. Easier said than done though because I have, in the past, upset a god or two and incurred some wrath.
I used a letter from my doctor as proof of address (having requested the letter because of it). that was instead of using credit card/ whatever.
Anybody got any further ETAs on start times? I have heard 4-6 weeks but just wondering if anybody has received a contract yet.
Reply 564
@geetar

I took my online statements along with my card and cheque book with me but they didn't accept them as they were not originals but told me I would need to bring in a copy of the originals when you go for the training.
Original post by musicman5
Capita gets migrant removal contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19637409

Oh the irony....

That contract is for contact management stuff - where capita are contacting people with no leave (or nearing the end of thier leave), in order to encourage them to regularise thier immigration status. Given how inefficient they (Capita) have been throughout this entire recruitment process (not responding to email for days, not meeting pre-agreed timescales etc.) - how on earth did they get this contract?!?

I had an email last Thurs apologising for the delay in letting people know the outcome of the online test (this is for the existing Civil Servant campaign). So - I should find out today. What do you think my chances are?
I still haven't had my security clearance email. not sure what's taking so long
just got my security clearance email through - i know that the unlock code is only valid for 24 hours but do you have to complete and submit the form within 24 hours too?
Reply 568
hey guys, has anyone heard back from the health questionnaire yet?
Reply 569
Anyone else applied for the immigration officer (crime and enforcement) position? If so, completed any of the online tests yet?
Original post by MFK47
Anyone else applied for the immigration officer (crime and enforcement) position? If so, completed any of the online tests yet?

I have but haven't completed the tests yet.. I also applied for the immigration case owner position and the tests for that were EXACTLY the same I believe. Verbal reasoning is nothing to worry about as long as you work quickly through the statements. It's very hard to tell how you've performed in btw SJT though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied as well but same as FamilyPupil haven't completed the tests yet..
Good luck everyone and keep in touch for progress.
Reply 572
Can I ask how you've all applied? Their website says there's a freeze on all jobs at the moment? Are you all internal candidates?
Original post by music788
Can I ask how you've all applied? Their website says there's a freeze on all jobs at the moment? Are you all internal candidates?

I found Immigration Case Owner on Civil Service Jobs public job search.
Reply 574
Hi Everyone,

I've just been reading this whole thread starting from page 1 and just want to say that there's a lot of useful comments here :smile:

I've also applied for a position in the Border Agency for the role of Border Officer in Heathrow. I had my interview on 23rd August 2012 but I have still not heard back. Ive noticed that some people have waited weeks before they were told if they were succesful or not but I'm a bit worried becasue I was told the position starts on September.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply 575
RE: Border Force Officer positions

Hi all,

Has anyone else received a start date?
Original post by imzkhan2
Hi Everyone,

I've just been reading this whole thread starting from page 1 and just want to say that there's a lot of useful comments here :smile:

I've also applied for a position in the Border Agency for the role of Border Officer in Heathrow. I had my interview on 23rd August 2012 but I have still not heard back. Ive noticed that some people have waited weeks before they were told if they were succesful or not but I'm a bit worried becasue I was told the position starts on September.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I think they're starting people on a rolling basis beginning in september. That is a very long time to wait...have you contacted them?
Reply 577
Original post by L26
RE: Border Force Officer positions

Hi all,

Has anyone else received a start date?

Hi, I haven't recieved a start date yet, have you?
Reply 578
Original post by jellybean55
I think they're starting people on a rolling basis beginning in september. That is a very long time to wait...have you contacted them?

Hi jellybean,

Yes I have contacted them on several occassions via email and phone. I was told that due to a large number of applicants, they are still trying to determine who is successful and who is not.

I was told that I would be contacted with a final decision soon.
Reply 579
Original post by FamilyPupil
I have but haven't completed the tests yet.. I also applied for the immigration case owner position and the tests for that were EXACTLY the same I believe. Verbal reasoning is nothing to worry about as long as you work quickly through the statements. It's very hard to tell how you've performed in btw SJT though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just completed the verbal reasoning test, wasn't too bad but now i really want to know how i did. The SJT was a little hit and miss as you said so now it's just a case of playing the waiting game i suppose.

Does anyone know how many jobs are going for the immigration officer role?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending