The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

I'm more a fan of hip-hop and only recently got into rock. Decided to stream this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm really loving Animals and it's my favorite track. Can't wait to see them live on October 27th! :biggrin:
is there anywhere i can get cheap tickets to go to the london concert? ive been waiiting for ages :frown:
Reply 6382
Original post by rebecca01x
is there anywhere i can get cheap tickets to go to the london concert? ive been waiiting for ages :frown:

I thought they released more tickets today for .mu members and general sale tomorrow?

Cheap tickets? No way in hell - muse tickets cost half a house nowadays.
Original post by hothedgehog
Cheap tickets? No way in hell - muse tickets cost half a house nowadays.

So true :sigh:
My thoughts on The 2nd Law...

Supremacy - Very good - really growing on me. I was genuinely thinking that I'd missed a story on this track being the opening music to Skyfall.
Madness - In the same way that I love some of the more "out there" songs that they've written, like Undisclosed Desires; love this track.
Panic Station - Has "foot stomping indie night anthem" written all over it. It's brilliant. Loving this track a little too much.
Prelude and Survival - I wasn't a big fan of this track if I'm honest. Can't put my finger on why, though.
Follow Me - It's one of those weak singles I expect to hear on commercial radio, like Starlight. It's ok, but arguably one of the worst tracks on the entire album.
Animals - Love the bass riffs and the Dire Straits-esq guitar solos on this track, but ultimately it's a pretty weak track.
Explorers - I like Muse's slower songs generally, but this isn't quite hitting it with me at the moment.
Big Freeze - This isn't a bad track. Good vocals here.
Save Me - I actually really like this track. Chris's vocals are fantastic! Good on him, I say. I like the dreamy sound to this one - it's one of those songs that you have to listen to with your eyes closed.
Liquid State - Curious one... I'm on the fence with it, though leaning towards a thumbs up here.
The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - Going to get a lot of hate from this... I actually like this track. I love the juxtaposition of the orchestrated pieces with the dub/brostep sequences. Really unusual song, especially for Muse, but yeah... it's a +1 from me.
The 2nd Law: Isolated System - I think this is a really cool followup to Unsustainable, love the beat on it.

Overall thoughts, a **** sandwich... but the bread is really good! As an album, it doesn't flow, but as a collection of songs, it's really interesting. I've had it streaming for the last few days now and it's really growing on me :smile: Not as good as Origin
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6386
Original post by Mad Vlad
My thoughts on The 2nd Law...

Supremacy - Very good - really growing on me. I was genuinely thinking that I'd missed a story on this track being the opening music to Skyfall.
Madness - In the same way that I love some of the more "out there" songs that they've written, like Undisclosed Desires; love this track.
Panic Station - Has "foot stomping indie night anthem" written all over it. It's brilliant. Loving this track a little too much.
Prelude and Survival - I wasn't a big fan of this track if I'm honest. Can't put my finger on why, though.
Follow Me - It's one of those weak singles I expect to hear on commercial radio, like Starlight. It's ok, but arguably one of the worst tracks on the entire album.
Animals - Love the bass riffs and the Dire Straits-esq guitar solos on this track, but ultimately it's a pretty weak track.
Explorers - I like Muse's slower songs generally, but this isn't quite hitting it with me at the moment.
Big Freeze - This isn't a bad track. Good vocals here.
Save Me - I actually really like this track. Chris's vocals are fantastic! Good on him, I say. I like the dreamy sound to this one - it's one of those songs that you have to listen to with your eyes closed.
Liquid State - Curious one... I'm on the fence with it, though leaning towards a thumbs up here.
The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - Going to get a lot of hate from this... I actually like this track. I love the juxtaposition of the orchestrated pieces with the dub/brostep sequences. Really unusual song, especially for Muse, but yeah... it's a +1 from me.
The 2nd Law: Isolated System - I think this is a really cool followup to Unsustainable, love the beat on it.

Overall thoughts, a **** sandwich... but the bread is really good! As an album, it doesn't flow, but as a collection of songs, it's really interesting. I've had it streaming for the last few days now and it's really growing on me :smile: Not as good as Origin

Do you know who's singing this track? I reckon it's Chris (with a few falsettos from Matt in the background) but I'm really not sure.
Original post by RyJ
Do you know who's singing this track? I reckon it's Chris (with a few falsettos from Matt in the background) but I'm really not sure.

Yea it is Chris singing. Anyone else think the singing sounds a bit like pendulum?
Original post by RyJ

Yes, it's Chris.
Reply 6389
Not going to listen to all the album til I actually have it, but from what I've heard of it so far, it sounds decent, probably no OoS but still good. Panic Station is wacky and sounds like all sorts of stuff and very un-muse but I think I love it, bonkers but very cool. Supremacy is awesome, typical muse epicness, and while I know a lot of the fanbase were pissed off at Unsustainable, I think its very good, once again the sort of epic and apocalyptic sounding track I love from them. Cannot wait for the o2 gig on the 26th :biggrin:

And is anyone watching them in the live lounge right now, radio 1 may be horribly obsessed with one direction and other garbage right now, but at least they haven't forgotten the good music as muse are playing a lot more than usual live lounges. And oh dear at the end, from muse to Nicki Minaj on radio 1 :facepalm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Olie
Not going to listen to all the album til I actually have it, but from what I've heard of it so far, it sounds decent, probably no OoS but still good. Panic Station is wacky and sounds like all sorts of stuff and very un-muse but I think I love it, bonkers but very cool. Supremacy is awesome, typical muse epicness, and while I know a lot of the fanbase were pissed off at Unsustainable, I think its very good, once again the sort of epic and apocalyptic sounding track I love from them. Cannot wait for the o2 gig on the 26th :biggrin:

And is anyone watching them in the live lounge right now, radio 1 may be horribly obsessed with one direction and other garbage right now, but at least they haven't forgotten the good music as muse are playing a lot more than usual live lounges. And oh dear at the end, from muse to Nicki Minaj on radio 1 :facepalm:

Radio 1 has been garbage for ages now, I stopped listening years ago.
isit worth going to the gig then? im like in two minds
Reply 6392
isit worth going to the gig then? im like in two minds

If you haven't seen Muse live before definitely go!

To you and anyone else interested, I have 2 extra tickets to the London 02 gig on the 27th October. Single ticket price would be £55, which is a good deal as you have to pay £62 with service charge online. To anyone interested, PM me :smile:
Reply 6394
I LOVE MUSE!
I am going to see them at the Glasgow SECC and I am loving the 2nd Law :biggrin:
Reply 6395
Original post by Ambry
I LOVE MUSE!
I am going to see them at the Glasgow SECC and I am loving the 2nd Law :biggrin:

Lucky... :sadnod:
Reply 6396
Am I the only one who really likes Follow Me? Something about it that I really love. Can't put my finger on why!
Reply 6397
Original post by Kaytti
Am I the only one who really likes Follow Me? Something about it that I really love. Can't put my finger on why!

You're not, love the build up to the heavy dubstep bit and while I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of nero or dubstep, it really does work and it sounds fantastic when it gets to the heavy bit, and it may be just me but some parts of it does sort of remind me of take a bow, not saying its a bad thing though.
Reply 6398
Original post by RedDevilThing

Supremacy
A good opener, it hits you in the face with some nice riffage before heading into a string section that becomes the verse. The falsetto is amazing but the verse could perhaps do with a little more 'oomph.' Also, this needs to be the official track for the new bond film Skyfall.

Interesting you say that, cause the first time I heard supremacy I instantly thought it sounded like it a bond theme, there's even a small part of the strings that sounds like the main bond theme as well! I'm actually wondering whether they may have written it with the upcoming bond film in mind, like they did with survival with the olympics coming up, shame they didn't get it as its a brilliant song and classic muse.
Muse in Radio 1 Live Lounge:

Quick Reply

Latest