The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by livvy0606
Im applying for law and spanish!! Such a beautiful campus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm gonna apply for the law with french and year abroad in Canada :smile: looks pretty interesting.. anyone else going to the open day on the 6th October ?:tongue:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
I went to one last summer and im going again on the october date!! Yh year abroads are great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to one last summer and im going again on the october date!! Yh year abroads are great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah cool see you there maybe :cool: what were your thoughts on the campus/area ? what other unis are you applying to aswell? :smile:
Reply 23
The campus is amazingly green and so safe. I didnt really like some of the off campus 2nd yr accomodation if im honest but there must be more! the town of canterbury is traditional and very historic perfect for boutique shopping and aftwenoon tea..not sure about the nightlife but there are two universities so there mist be somethinh!! Erm sheffield leicester sussex and exeter/lancaster/uea/liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The campus is amazingly green and so safe. I didnt really like some of the off campus 2nd yr accomodation if im honest but there must be more! the town of canterbury is traditional and very historic perfect for boutique shopping and aftwenoon tea..not sure about the nightlife but there are two universities so there mist be somethinh!! Erm sheffield leicester sussex and exeter/lancaster/uea/liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whereabouts did you look? It depends on the area really. I'm not a big fan of Hales Place, but I really like where I'm living at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh ok doesn't sound too bad then :smile: from what i've read there seems to be a few clubs and bars dotted around.. and Cardiff, Reading, Oxford Brookes, and swansea/exeter/hull not too sure yet :rolleyes::colondollar:
Original post by River Shadow
I'm just going into my second year studying History at Kent, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. :smile:

Hi, what was your GCSE and AS grades like?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Hi, what was your GCSE and AS grades like?

I got 2 A*s, 7 As and a C at GCSE, and then AABC in my AS levels (although during my A2 year, I resat the C twice and ended up with an A for it, as that's the subject I'm now studying). I got AAB for my A-Levels, in History, English Language and Biology respectively.
I want to do economics but only got A A A A A B B B C in gcses.
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
I want to do economics but only got A A A A A B B B C in gcses.

Those grades sound fine. :smile: It's the AS/A-Level results which are the most important.
Original post by River Shadow
Those grades sound fine. :smile: It's the AS/A-Level results which are the most important.

i got A A B B , and predicted A* A A in Maths, chem and eco??
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
i got A A B B , and predicted A* A A in Maths, chem and eco??

They're fantastic predicted grades, so I think that your options are wide open to you really. :smile:
Reply 32
I'm applying for English and American Lit at Kent :biggrin:
I'm thinking of applying for Sociology in Kent :smile:
Wanna apply for information technology but until i go down to kent and check the place/uni out for myself i aint making any applications... whos at christ church now and thinks it worth it? whats the town saying.......
Reply 35
Do Kent accept Btecs? In my second year and taking the Btec health and social and dance alongside Alevel psychology? Predicted double distinctions(AA) in both my btecs, if not higher?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by smithyinthehouse
Wanna apply for information technology but until i go down to kent and check the place/uni out for myself i aint making any applications... whos at christ church now and thinks it worth it? whats the town saying.......

Are you applying to Christ Church or Kent? If it's the former, I'd suggest looking for/setting up a Canterbury Christ Church University Applicants 2013 thread, as that'll draw the attention of current CCCU students who'll be able to help you out. As a Kent student, I can't give you any info on CCCU, although if there's anything you want to know about Canterbury in general, feel free to ask.

Original post by dhcurran95
Do Kent accept Btecs? In my second year and taking the Btec health and social and dance alongside Alevel psychology? Predicted double distinctions(AA) in both my btecs, if not higher?

I *think* they might, at least in some departments, but I'd recommend emailing the university/the department you want to apply to and asking, or alternatively, checking on the UCAS website, which if I recall, gives the requirements for all qualifications/if they accept them.
Reply 37
I *think* they might, at least in some departments, but I'd recommend emailing the university/the department you want to apply to and asking, or alternatively, checking on the UCAS website, which if I recall, gives the requirements for all qualifications/if they accept them.

It told me I need 280 UCAS points (I should get at least 420) including BC at Alevel or in double Alevel (which I thought meant a Btec??)

I'm applying to do Accounting & Finance at Kent :tongue: went to the open day today, looked a great campus and they seem to have a lot of sports, which is always a good thing for me :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
I'm in the same boat as you, unfair life, it seems :smile: What accommodation did you like most? I'm torn between Keynes flats and Parkwood houses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending