The Student Room Group

TSR Class of 2012 society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, it is okay :tongue: we both know we hate it :colonhash: :tongue: or at least don't love it :biggrin:

Aaah, but you're way is effective for you isnt it! So it's all good :biggrin: mind maps on economics?

And a girl in my class speaks.some Russian... Never knew thT!! She's from Lithuania...

Mind maps on economics. :yep:

I even had to explain stuff to Spyro the dragon. I even used situations and characters from the Spyro games to explain some stuff from a statistics module. It was fun but it takes hours to make a proper mind map. Saturdays have the most work because two lectures are on a Friday. :colonhash:

I have some Russians at my uni. I heard them speak to their parents on the moving in weekend. :wink:
Original post by SecretDuck
Mind maps on economics. :yep:

I even had to explain stuff to Spyro the dragon. I even used situations and characters from the Spyro games to explain some stuff from a statistics module. It was fun but it takes hours to make a proper mind map. Saturdays have the most work because two lectures are on a Friday. :colonhash:

I have some Russians at my uni. I heard them speak to their parents on the moving in weekend. :wink:

I don't know why, but mind maps.work and don't work at all for me :s-smilie:

Spyro :adore: so your mind maps are full on explanatory! :biggrin: so someone who missed a lecture... Asks you for.your mind map... Would that be enough with some explanations?

:cool: I need to learn another language!
I don't know why, but mind maps.work and don't work at all for me :s-smilie:

Spyro :adore: so your mind maps are full on explanatory! :biggrin: so someone who missed a lecture... Asks you for.your mind map... Would that be enough with some explanations?

:cool: I need to learn another language!

Yeah, it would be enough. But you can download lecture notes and I always do as I don't have time to write everything down.

On the other hand, mind maps are basically dissecting a 34-64 slide lecture into a compact format so I think that will be preferred. No one knows about my mindmaps in my life except for some of my lecturers and my mother. :teehee:
Yeah, it would be enough. But you can download lecture notes and I always do as I don't have time to write everything down.

On the other hand, mind maps are basically dissecting a 34-64 slide lecture into a compact format so I think that will be preferred. No one knows about my mindmaps in my life except for some of my lecturers and my mother. :teehee:

Aah that's good then! Yeah, I guess that's easier :tongue:

I'd rather have the 35 slides :colondollar: keep it all in sections :redface:

Aaah, your ickle mind maps! So are you enjoying it as a whole?
Aah that's good then! Yeah, I guess that's easier :tongue:

I'd rather have the 35 slides :colondollar: keep it all in sections :redface:

Aaah, your ickle mind maps! So are you enjoying it as a whole?

The 35 slides are written in formal lingo so I had to rephrase it in a way that Spyro would understand. So yeah, it's mostly fun. :biggrin:

But the maths module has very small mindmaps because we are practising A level stuff and I see the different connections already without a lecturer telling me about it. I guess with Maths, it's more "Yeah yeah yeah, I get what you're saying Sir but I think I will go and work on these problems head on" than "I must take tons of notes before I could even know how to apply it in an exam!".
The 35 slides are written in formal lingo so I had to rephrase it in a way that Spyro would understand. So yeah, it's mostly fun. :biggrin:

But the maths module has very small mindmaps because we are practising A level stuff and I see the different connections already without a lecturer telling me about it. I guess with Maths, it's more "Yeah yeah yeah, I get what you're saying Sir but I think I will go and work on these problems head on" than "I must take tons of notes before I could even know how to apply it in an exam!".

Aah, spyro :wink:

Oooh!! What kind of maths!! :biggrin:
Aah, spyro :wink:

Oooh!! What kind of maths!! :biggrin:

Calculus. :colone:

I've done it in A level - the new stuff is basically just applying it to economic concepts. There will be some new concepts but I don't like how the textbook explains it. Is there any way to borrow a Further Maths textbook, I wonder?
Calculus. :colone:

I've done it in A level - the new stuff is basically just applying it to economic concepts. There will be some new concepts but I don't like how the textbook explains it. Is there any way to borrow a Further Maths textbook, I wonder?

Oooh, calculus :tongue:

So you do some econometric modules? :biggrin:

Hmmm... Library?
Oooh, calculus :tongue:

So you do some econometric modules? :biggrin:

Hmmm... Library?

Econometrics are in the second year. :frown:

Yeah, I don't like how it explains concepts - even ones which I'm familiar with; they confuse me. They just skip over it and that's it. Better learn partial differentiation and matrices soon...

I'll try to borrow a FM book if it's in a worst case scenario. :colondollar:
Econometrics are in the second year. :frown:

Yeah, I don't like how it explains concepts - even ones which I'm familiar with; they confuse me. They just skip over it and that's it. Better learn partial differentiation and matrices soon...

I'll try to borrow a FM book if it's in a worst case scenario. :colondollar:

Awww :frown:

Ooh, you need matrices? Wow, finally realised how important things are! Oooh, use the internet to learn! :colone:

Yeah, I guess so :tongue:
Awww :frown:

Ooh, you need matrices? Wow, finally realised how important things are! Oooh, use the internet to learn! :colone:

Yeah, I guess so :tongue:

Fact: Should I ever choose to be a government economist, I'll be handling hundreds of equations everyday! :eek2: :eek3:

Yeah, I could always ask Mr M or Tenofthem if I don't understand the two new concepts.

Plan for today:

1). Work on my game mod for two hours - hopefully I'll have a breakthrough! :frown:

2). Fetch a crash report for the Smurfs Village app. It doesn't load anymore.

3). Play harry potter Cos ps1! :woo:
Fact: Should I ever choose to be a government economist, I'll be handling hundreds of equations everyday! :eek2: :eek3:

Yeah, I could always ask Mr M or Tenofthem if I don't understand the two new concepts.

Plan for today:

1). Work on my game mod for two hours - hopefully I'll have a breakthrough! :frown:

2). Fetch a crash report for the Smurfs Village app. It doesn't load anymore.

3). Play harry potter Cos ps1! :woo:

That's amazing!!! :redface:

Yeah, I use TenOfThem :biggrin: she is brilliant!

1) :awesome:

2) :frown:

3) ahah I only have HP PS in PS1...
That's amazing!!! :redface:

Yeah, I use TenOfThem :biggrin: she is brilliant!

1) :awesome:

2) :frown:

3) ahah I only have HP PS in PS1...

1). I thought bugtesting would be a smooth process but no, I'm working with a really buggy game engine which screws me over. I just want to be done with it so I can slowly but steadily start to work on my iPhone game.

2). I miss my fellow smurfs. A smurf already came back to my village and I can't meet him! :cry2:

3). The Cos ps1 game is awesome. :coma:
Flying car, wizard duels and a ginormous possibly-unkillable bouncing bulb!
1). I thought bugtesting would be a smooth process but no, I'm working with a really buggy game engine which screws me over. I just want to be done with it so I can slowly but steadily start to work on my iPhone game.

2). I miss my fellow smurfs. A smurf already came back to my village and I can't meet him! :cry2:

3). The Cos ps1 game is awesome. :coma:
Flying car, wizard duels and a ginormous possibly-unkillable bouncing bulb!

1) I don't know how people can make games... Its beyond me :redface: but how?! Do you make an iPhone game?

2) :rofl: :rofl:

3) sounds epic :wink:
1) I don't know how people can make games... Its beyond me :redface: but how?! Do you make an iPhone game?

2) :rofl: :rofl:

3) sounds epic :wink:

Either build your own game engine (hard!) or use Unity, UDK or any other game engine compatible with the iPhone.
Pay a $99 annual license fee to Apple and export your made game to the App Store (you need a Mac though to submit apps to the App Store).
Either build your own game engine (hard!) or use Unity, UDK or any other game engine compatible with the iPhone.
Pay a $99 annual license fee to Apple and export your made game to the App Store (you need a Mac though to submit apps to the App Store).

Wow!! :redface: so could you eventually sell it to them?
Reply 3576
morning all :sexface:
Wow!! :redface: so could you eventually sell it to them?

:yep:

I'll be making a game from scratch. By myself.
Minus the voice work and music as I will outsource them both.
:yep:

I'll be making a game from scratch. By myself.
Minus the voice work and music as I will outsource them both.

Oooh, what'll the game be about? :biggrin:
Oooh, what'll the game be about? :biggrin:

A platformer which will be similar to Spyro. I've seen one game on the iPhone mimic Crash bandicoot but not one for Spyro.

But other than that :iiam:
:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest