The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Which one was the episode with robin telling the stroy of how she met her their father but atcthe end its revealed her kids are made up?
The episode may not have been that funny but was still thought it one of the best episodes due to the emotion and that twist
I used to love this show, but after seeing the 2 episodes from season 8 it's gone meh, too many characters, to much mehness. Just meh. Meh :colonhash:
Original post by printergirl
Which one was the episode with robin telling the stroy of how she met her their father but atcthe end its revealed her kids are made up?
The episode may not have been that funny but was still thought it one of the best episodes due to the emotion and that twist

Symphony of Illumination, season 7 episode 12
This has really gotten to the point where it is no longer very funny and i'm just watching because I'm invested in the characters. Happens with most long running comedy shows, even my all time favourite television show (Scrubs :colonhash:) which went downhill rapidly from season 6 (although season 8 was a return to form).

Hopefully HIMYM can have a similar return to form but i'm not confident after the first two episodes. Don't get me wrong, there is still the odd good episode but its just not consistantly funny anymore as it was in seasons 1-4 and some episodes are just terrible. Makes me sad because this has been one of my favourite shows for the last 6 or so years.
Oh great, this season so far is as **** as last season.
yeah it will never be as good as seasons 1-5. I got my housemates into it just before season 7 started, and we watched it all from season 1, and they've caught up now. They seem to think it's as good as it ever was, but I really disagree.
Just saw the first two episodes and yeah they're meh.
Is it still impossible that Victoria is the mother? I wanted her to be the mother so badly! :sad:
Original post by johnharris19944
Is it still impossible that Victoria is the mother? I wanted her to be the mother so badly! :sad:

Yes sorry, Producers have confirmed that she definitely won't be the mother.
Original post by chelseafan
Yes sorry, Producers have confirmed that she definitely won't be the mother.

Oh how i could cry :cry:
Reply 950
:facepalm2: seriously how is this show still credible?

calling it meh is giving it too much credit.
Reply 951
Not an episode on par with series 1-4 or 6 but it was certainly the funniest in quite a while.
I bought The Bro Code for Parents and it arrived today. Wooo!
I don't like how they keep breaking the fourth wall. Its lame, cheesy and just makes me cringe. Not at all funny.

The episode was acceptable. Best one of the new season so far in my opinion. Some of the Barney stuff was kind of funny
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 954
I thought the episode as a whole lacked energy which is why season 1-4 and 6 pretty much beat it with every episode but that aside i found some of the Barney stuff (camera) to be pretty classic which is why its one of the better episodes of the seasons 5 and 7 travesties.
Reply 955
I don't know about you guys but I think the addition of baby marvin has kinda stopped the episodes flowing like they used to since whenever they mention lily and marshall, they have to clear up what the baby is doing... Plus there's less focus on robin these days!
Reply 956
Original post by dagooner
I don't know about you guys but I think the addition of baby marvin has kinda stopped the episodes flowing like they used to since whenever they mention lily and marshall, they have to clear up what the baby is doing... Plus there's less focus on robin these days!

Robin breaks up tonight so in theory this episode should be all about her.
Reply 957
Original post by rakas21
robin breaks up tonight so in theory this episode should be all about her.

spoiler alert dude
Reply 958
Original post by Yogity
*subscribes to thread*

gonna be legen-hope you're not lactose intolerant 'cause the next word is-dary! :wink:

LOL! :biggrin:
The episodes are so lame and stale nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest