The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Nursing interview at UCLAN?

Hey, i was wondering if anybody has done or got a nursing interview coming up at the University of Central Lancashire?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Snowbud
Hey, i was wondering if anybody has done or got a nursing interview coming up at the University of Central Lancashire?

Hey i have a adult nursing interview at Uclan on the 21st of November 2012. I have heard from friends who have had interviews in the past week that they are realativly easy. you have two group interviews then your maths and english test which is at GCSE level, then you go into a room on by one to hand in your photocopies of your certificates.
when is your interview and what branch of nursing are you doing?
:smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, iv'e already just recently had my interview for child nursing :smile: It was exactly as you told me. Just remember to contribute in the group interview because mine personally included 15 people all talking at once. Can't lie, it was nerve racking. But try your best and good luck!
Reply 3
How long was the whole process of your uclan interview? I have my mental health nursing interview on Friday, so nervous!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jessi1993
How long was the whole process of your uclan interview? I have my mental health nursing interview on Friday, so nervous!!

hey, it took me about 3 and half hours just because at the end they go through you certificates etc one by one so depending on when you get called is when you end up leaving :smile: and dont be nervous, is it your first one :smile:
Reply 5
Hi I have my uclan selection day on Wednesday 28th November! Cant wait!:smile: Any tips from those who 've done it already other than contribute to the group task. Is there actually an interview as well, on the letter it just said, large group task, small group task, maths, english test? Is the maths test difficult?

Pinkmoon - how did it go today? Im applying for adult nursing too, is Uclan your first choice?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Yes, this is my first one, hoping it goes okay! Roughly how many people were there as well? Just wanting to get some details so I know vaguely what to expect :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Jessi1993
Yes, this is my first one, hoping it goes okay! Roughly how many people were there as well? Just wanting to get some details so I know vaguely what to expect :smile:

For my child nursing interview there were 15 people there :smile:
Reply 8
I`ve got an interview for child nursing next week. What kind of questions do they ask in the group discussion?
Reply 9
For mine they just brought up an image of an obese child and asked us to discuss it for 20 minutes. That's it. It wasn't really put together well to be honest in my opinion lol
I really want to put UCLAN down as my insurance but not heard back yet - how long does it take for them to offer you an interview/decline?:/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Maryam3
I`ve got an interview for child nursing next week. What kind of questions do they ask in the group discussion?

when did you apply to uclan? and how long did it take for them to get back to you? i recieved a letter the other day saying they'd got my application.
Reply 12
Original post by amb160894
when did you apply to uclan? and how long did it take for them to get back to you? i recieved a letter the other day saying they'd got my application.

I sent it off in the middle of November and got a selection letter on the 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from their interview yet? Im dying to know! rrrr!
Reply 14
Original post by Charley1988
Has anyone heard back from their interview yet? Im dying to know! rrrr!

For Mental Health nursing I heard back within the week, hope you hear soon and that it's good news! The only thing to say is my offer was really high, and I mean really high, especially for the branch I applied for..
Reply 15
I am in my first year of nursing at UCLAN if anyone wants to know anything about the course.
Reply 16
I had my interview for uclan on the 21st November 2012 and i have recieved a conditional offer on wednesday which was 3 weeks later!! :smile:
uclan is my last choice! Anyone have any questions about interview process please reply! :smile: xxxxx
Original post by lilibeth
I am in my first year of nursing at UCLAN if anyone wants to know anything about the course.

Hi, i am still waiting to hear from uclan, its my first choice an my interview was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Have you enjoyed your first year? What placements did you have? Would also like to know, how many days of the week are you in uni and what sort of times? Thanks
Original post by pinkmoon1
I had my interview for uclan on the 21st November 2012 and i have recieved a conditional offer on wednesday which was 3 weeks later!! :smile:
uclan is my last choice! Anyone have any questions about interview process please reply! :smile: xxxxx

Well done you! very jelous as its my first choice! Im still waiting an i think ive not got it. Think i messed up the maths, which is really annoying as I know the answers now! I had my interview 1 week after you, so if it takes me 3 weeks i should hear this Wed!
Reply 19
Original post by Charley1988
Hi, i am still waiting to hear from uclan, its my first choice an my interview was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Have you enjoyed your first year? What placements did you have? Would also like to know, how many days of the week are you in uni and what sort of times? Thanks

We've not done placement yet, I'm doing degree so I only started in September. Basically they've kept us in longer and given us a longer placement. This time I'm on a medical ward at RPH but I know people who have got all sorts; health visiting, district, schools, community centers, prisons and out patients. There really is a massive variety. I am enjoying it so far, it's not easy but I am enjoying it. When we're in uni it's mostly 3/4 day weeks. Some weeks we'll be in Mon/Tues/Weds and some weeks we'll have Thurs as well. We tend to do our skills on Thurs/Tues. It's usually 9-4 although a lot of the lecturers do let us leave early if they've finished early. It's mostly lectures, skills and small group sessions that you do with your home group. We don't have tutorials, you can get one on one with your module supervisor but that's up to you to book and that's mostly to discuss assignments. Hope that helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending