The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Pooled for English by King's. I'm glad I found this, it's been really comforting to hear the facts in Minerva's first post and everyone seems to be encouraging. Nice to know I'm not alone on this one :smile: Good luck everyone!
Autopooled by Pembroke for NatSci. Shock, I know.

This thread may be my second home for the next week or two :L
Reply 62
Pooled by Trinity for Linguistics. Good luck everyone!
Reply 63
Original post by iCiaran
Are TH actually taking anyone this year? xD

I was going to say the same... :O Then I remember that TSR =/= Real Life.

But still. All the best you guys! Keep swimming!
Pooled by King's for philosophy
Oh and good luck to everyone- things happen for a reason, it's a nice feeling that everyone who is posting here is in the same boat in a weird disappointed but optimistic way.
Reply 66
Pooled by corpus for medicine... had a horrendous interview. I kind of just want a straight answer now, this waiting is so draining. I kind of think they pool so many people i don't even have a chance?
Reply 67
Pooled by Churchill for Computer Science...
Original post by nkspence1
Pooled by corpus for medicine... had a horrendous interview. I kind of just want a straight answer now, this waiting is so draining. I kind of think they pool so many people i don't even have a chance?

That's definitely not true! :smile: Like Minerva said, about 20% of people who get pooled go on to get an offer - that's about the same chance as when you applied. Good luck!
Reply 69
Pooled by Queens for maths.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 70
Original post by Topaz_eyes
That's definitely not true! :smile: Like Minerva said, about 20% of people who get pooled go on to get an offer - that's about the same chance as when you applied. Good luck!

Cheers. i'll go to any uni to be honest! I suppose that something worth having is worth working for! :smile:
Reply 71
Been pooled for physical NatSci at Clare, currently having a sinking feeling that this is the end of the line, no puns intended

Taking great comfort in the fact that I'm not alone, almost preying on other peoples misfortune, if you were to call it that, although the fact that we are even in this position is a tribute to our potential.

So, good luck to everyone in the pool! We will now be sorted out like cattle into those whose flesh is prime sirloin steak to be sent to M&S, whilst the others are inevitably sent to the Tesco meat counter. But hey, I shop at Tesco's, so it can't be all that bad. :smile:
Original post by gregzz
If someone decides to fish you, do they ring house or mobile phone? Agh even more stress now, can't revise, but there is still some hope left...

Original post by Kidioteque
I would also love to know this!

It could be either (assuming you've given them both and haven't listed one as a higher priority) but if they can't get through to you then they'll call you back later. You're not going to lose an offer of a pool interview or an offer of a place because you weren't able to answer your phone.

If someone else might answer your home phone it might be worth writing down your mobile number etc for them in case you're not at home. My mum/dad/brother certainly wouldn't have had a clue what my mobile number was if a university had phoned me, particularly if they were thinking "omg it's Cambridge!!" at the same time :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Minerva

How do they take into account test scores in the pool? I had do a multiple choice test as part of my interview - it's only for the course and the college I applied...
(edited 11 years ago)
Pooled by St Johns for English.
Pooled by King's for Chemical Engineering...
Reply 76
Original post by _Georgie
Hello fellow swimmers :smile:

Pooled by Pembroke for Maths with Physics.

Let's see what happens!

I was pooled as well. So they pooled both Georgies then :frown:
Hopefully we will be fished
Original post by chloeaj
Pooled for English by King's. I'm glad I found this, it's been really comforting to hear the facts in Minerva's first post and everyone seems to be encouraging. Nice to know I'm not alone on this one :smile: Good luck everyone!

In the exact same situation as you! :smile: fingers crossed for us both eh
Reply 78
Original post by Mpc
I was pooled as well. So they pooled both Georgies then :frown:
Hopefully we will be fished

Ah in the same boat! There must've been so much competition, I've seen quite a few pooled for maths from Pembroke now - we were 'squeezed out' as they put it.
Well good luck & keep us updated! Let's see where we end up :smile:
Reply 79
Quick question: looking at the application stats it seems that there's been on average 200 places for MML over the last few years but the number of applicants has been between 500-600. This year there were only 380 applicants, so would this mean that they would still keep 200 places open for MMLers or would some be allocated elsewhere?

Latest

Trending

Trending