The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by JKA17
My sentiments exactly.

... like Oxford
Reply 541
I've just been pooled by St John's for BioNatSci :/

I was surprised, though, as I'm a deferred entry application and as TSR say "At this stage the issue is capacity in terms of places available, not capability of the applicants." - do deferred candidates still fit the pooling criteria? I mean if the issue's capacity then 2014 entry shouldn't be too competitive...
Reply 542
Where would they have got my phone number from, I don't remember it being in the SAQ..?

Guessing they will just email any news if they haven't got it, right?
Reply 543
Original post by theminimg
Thanks! When did you get your Durham offer? I'm still waiting to hear from them, they sent me a Merry Christmas email and just confirmed my fee status thing...

Creepily, I got it on the same day as my Cambridge interview, which was the 5th December. I haven't found out which college I'm in yet though, they don't start telling people that until the 22nd January. They obviously do it the opposite way round to Cambridge. I got the Merry Christmas email too, I thought that was very cute!
Where else have you applied/heard from? :smile:
Reply 544
Original post by ism1
Pooled by Sidney Sussex for Chemical engineering!

Oh hai there fellow ChemEnger! :smile:
Original post by Jimbobp
Where would they have got my phone number from, I don't remember it being in the SAQ..?

Guessing they will just email any news if they haven't got it, right?

Im thinking off UCAS
Original post by Sarr
Crazy, I jump every time the phone rings! Good luck clamouring out of the pool though, we both deserve this :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm doing the same, but I've decided it won't do me any good to sit by the phone and fret, so I'm going to go get drunk instead.
This whole process would be much easier if applicants applied to cambridge as a whole and then got allocated a college if they are successful. so much less stressful!
Reply 548
Original post by ism1
Pooled by Sidney Sussex for Chemical engineering!

Original post by nomnum
Oh hai there fellow ChemEnger! :smile:

Another one here. Pooled from Pembroke.
Reply 549
Original post by grammar12
This whole process would be much easier if applicants applied to cambridge as a whole and then got allocated a college if they are successful. so much less stressful!

^^ this is what Durham do :smile:
Reply 550
Just logged in for the first time. Pooled by Trinity for Classics (15 applicants this year cf 7-8 normally). UMS poorish (89) but interviews ok I think.

Just swimming with the tide.

Good luck to everyone.:smile:
Reply 551
Original post by JKA17
Creepily, I got it on the same day as my Cambridge interview, which was the 5th December. I haven't found out which college I'm in yet though, they don't start telling people that until the 22nd January. They obviously do it the opposite way round to Cambridge. I got the Merry Christmas email too, I thought that was very cute!
Where else have you applied/heard from? :smile:

I've got offers from Warwick (AAA), Bristol (A*AA) and York (AAB) for history and philosophy - no news from durham yet, but they didn't believe I lived in the UK and just confirmed my fee status before Christmas! What about you? Where did you get pooled from?
Reply 552
Original post by lieseldante
Thanks! I'm doing the same, but I've decided it won't do me any good to sit by the phone and fret, so I'm going to go get drunk instead.

Could be interesting if they call you...
Reply 553
Wait wait, I was just looking at the document and they don't seem to separate chemical engineering from natural sciences and engineering? :s-smilie: That doesn't bode well...
Reply 554
Original post by nomnum
Wait wait, I was just looking at the document and they don't seem to separate chemical engineering from natural sciences and engineering? :s-smilie: That doesn't bode well...

Umm. Which document?
Original post by medicdude
Could be interesting if they call you...

Just break down crying like "I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH, ADMISSIONS. HOLD ME."
Reply 556
Original post by theminimg
I've got offers from Warwick (AAA), Bristol (A*AA) and York (AAB) for history and philosophy - no news from durham yet, but they didn't believe I lived in the UK and just confirmed my fee status before Christmas! What about you? Where did you get pooled from?

Wow congratulations! I have Durham (A*AA), Bristol (A*AA) and Royal Holloway (BBB), I also applied to St Andrews and haven't heard anything but I don't want to go there, it was a random fifth choice really.
I was pooled from Magdalene, which upon checking, last year had 3 historians! :eek: woops. And yourself? :smile:

That'll be interesting when they call you.. :P
Reply 558
Just break down crying like "I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH, ADMISSIONS. HOLD ME."

i wonder if this has ever happened....
Original post by TPJY
i wonder if this has ever happened....

Im sure it will if my sister answers the phone. She didn't sleep, so I didn't sleep. So now I'm sitting by the phone whilst she naps on the sofa. The devoted brother that I am. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending