The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TPJY
would it be a bad idea to call all the colleges to ask if they have fished you?

Don't. Resist the temptation. If they say on the pooling letter they send not to phone colleges asking about whether you've been fished, they've obviously had bad experiences with overzealous applicants.

If anything, you'd risk putting off colleges from considering you. Wait this one out :console:
the name 'winter pool' reminds me of the scene in skyfall where bond was in an ice covered lake...
Original post by Helly
Pooled for History! Dying right now (IB, independent school but did my GCSES at a comprehensive! 8A*s 4A's at GCSE predicted 43 (777775))
How much effort do they make to contact you?
My home phone number was wrong on UCAS (which I have now corrected, and also emailed my first choice college the change) but my mobile and my email were both correct! stressing!

good, another history person! Which college did you apply to?
Also, I'm not certain, but most colleges seem to ring first and then email :smile:
Guessing calls for the day will stop about 18:00. Looks like hope is becoming futile.
Anyone been fished for PBS here?
Original post by spacemenrule94
Hey there! Downing seems rather keen to set its applicants afloat, doesn't it?

It was on the 11th. How about you?

In my first interview, I was genuinely actively encouraged to research the pooling system. Hardly reassuring!

I know! My friends been pooled for HSPS from them as well! Mine was on the 11th, we have seen each other at some point!
Reply 1026
Most of the colleges who've fished people have been the newer ones (robinson, fitz, ect), does it make any difference if you've been asked for interview at one of the older ones?

I got invited to come for Interview at Corpus Christi yesterday afternoon you see
I've not seen anybody pooled for Architecture on this whole thread :frown:
Reply 1028
Original post by Matthew_Reece
you're the first fellow architecture poolee I've found swimming around :rolleyes:

I was also pooled for architecture...hope we will hear soon
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
Guessing calls for the day will stop about 18:00. Looks like hope is becoming futile.

They do say that they contact you between the 5th and 7th if you're going to get an interview, and direct offers can come up until the 15th.

Don't lose hope. We're all in the same boat :smile:
Reply 1030
Original post by helenacharlotte
good, another history person! Which college did you apply to?
Also, I'm not certain, but most colleges seem to ring first and then email :smile:

TH!
You?
IB/A level?
Original post by jqian
I'm sure I went on the Thursday so the 6th, The weird thing is, when I went back to the JCR after my interview, there was one applicant's mum there and she said her son was the last one doing the interview and his second choice was also Bristol! Yeah, will probably see you at Bristol if we don't get fished. Are you just doing CompSci at Bristol cos I am considering changing to CompSci with Maths cos I don't particularly enjoy electronics that much!

No that wasn't me, my mum wasn't there:frown:
I applied for straight CompSci at Bristol but hopefully I can move to the option with a year abroad If I do go there, wouldn't mind a year in California:cool:
Reply 1032
Original post by spacemenrule94
They do say that they contact you between the 5th and 7th if you're going to get an interview, and direct offers can come up until the 15th.

Don't lose hope. We're all in the same boat :smile:

I know... probably because many applications are still under consideration...
But really why do they have to make this wait so horrible? Just call us and tell us now huhu
Reply 1033
Original post by Dilloneranger
Has anyone been fished for Law yet?

one so far I think... :s-smilie:
Original post by Lux-Aeterna

:frown:
Just got home from holiday to find out I have been pooled for the second year in a row (lucky me!). This thread was amazing last year - kept me vaguely sane!

Last year I was pooled by Girton for English, and reinterviewed by Robinson (then rejected)

This year I have been pooled by St Johns for Education with English and Drama... The wait is on!

Good luck to everyone :smile:

P.s. - is autopooling only relevant for A Level applicants, or do you think they may autopool post-result candidates who have strong grades (I did the Cambridge pre-U)
Reply 1036
i have been invited to an interview at Selwyn, does that mean no other colleges will now consider my application?
Reply 1037
Original post by helenacharlotte
Has anyone heard anything for history?
I've been pooled by pembroke and I'm kind of panicking now!

Everyone seems to have been pooled for History nearly!
Original post by Matthew_Reece
you're the first fellow architecture poolee I've found swimming around :rolleyes:

I know I haven't and won't be fished because they do it in alphabetical order apparently... :frown:
Reply 1039
Original post by amg_22
i have been invited to an interview at Selwyn, does that mean no other colleges will now consider my application?

Congratulations! Yes it does i'm afraid.

Latest

Trending

Trending