The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by toomanycats
Can anyone answer this?
Once you've got a call telling you that a college has fished you and will make you an offer, how long does it take for the offer to arrive, and does it have to be a posted letter rather than an email?
It might be either, could take a few days, or it will show up on your Track first. In other words, it varies :smile:
Original post by Oromis263
Cheers. Best of luck! What day was your interview? :smile: Hope it works out for you! :biggrin:

I had my interview mid October in Singapore.
Reply 1122
Got fished by Newnham from Medicine!!!!!! :biggrin: ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!
Original post by Sarr
Aw :hugs:, exactly what I need! What subject are you waiting to hear from?

A hug for you too then!
PBS, got pooled from Clare. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 06waraujol
ANYONE WHO WAS POOLED BY JESUS HEARD ANYTHING???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.

Any CompScis heard anything?
Reply 1125
Original post by Jedicake
Nope.

Nope, not yet. I'm not feeling terribly optimistic now I've found out that last year only 1 person got an offer post pooling from TSR.......
Reply 1126
Original post by nickyr212
A hug for you too then!
PBS, got pooled from Clare. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Selwyn for English, I just want to know either way now, I hate waiting!
Cheers. Best of luck! What day was your interview? :smile: Hope it works out for you! :biggrin:

I had my interview in Singapore.
Reply 1128
friend of mine got fished by Murray Edwards for engineering in case anyone was wondering..
Reply 1129
Original post by Jedicake
Nope.

I haven't heard anything either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theminimg
I was pooled by Clare and got an email but no letter, where did you get pooled from? I think it's quite rude I didn't get a letter!

Fitzwilliam. I was sort of hoping for a letter, even though I had the email, but apparently Fitz prefer email. I guess I just love recieving things in the post and the idea of a letter from Cambridge appealed to my nostalgic side.

It just wont be the same producing a print off an email to my grandchildren when telling them about the time grandma nearly got into Cambridge... (*sigh*)
Original post by tom95
I haven't heard anything either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's only been the first half day, I'm sure at least some of us will hear something soon. :biggrin:
Original post by cambridge_please
Have any engineers heard yet?

I'm chem eng via eng and just got an interview from girton :smile:
Original post by medica
Got fished by Newnham from Medicine!!!!!! :biggrin: ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!

Congrats :smile:
Definitely wrong! :biggrin: I was outright rejected without being pooled last year, and I easily fell into the worst applicants to be interviewed group. Worked hard for a year and now I have an offer.

Another friend of mine in the year above got pooled first year then got straight accepted the second time around. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking what subject did you apply for both years, and in your gap year are you doing things relevant to your course?
Reply 1135
Original post by SerialVelocity
Well it's only been the first half day, I'm sure at least some of us will hear something soon. :biggrin:

The thing is, I can't fully concentrate cos my brain is in a psychological limbo (if that's the way to put it). On one hand, I try to believe that I have a chance, on the other, my realist way of thinking is telling me to give up on any chance of any offer!
Reply 1136
Aaaaahhhh the fact that people are getting re-interviewed for my subject is making me headdesk. A lot.

Cod help us all
Original post by _b3th_
If you don't mind me asking what subject did you apply for both years, and in your gap year are you doing things relevant to your course?

Physical Natural Sciences both years.

This year I am doing Add. Further Maths and Geology AS's, might take them both to A2 if I find the time. I am also doing STEP (undecided on whether to go for the treble yet). I think I can probably wrangle some work experience from somewhere too. Other than that, tutoring people at my old college and working for money. :smile:
Reply 1138
Congratulations for all of you made an offer :biggrin: ...hope to recive good news soon
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
Any news?

Did you know that the N in PIN number stands for "Number", so thus when anyone says "PIN Number" they're actually saying "Personal Identification Number Number?"

But w/r/t pooling, no news here sorry :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending