The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am singing the " one pound fish song" ....... fish going cheap.........
Original post by ingénue
I hate feeling so reliant on them! I've not given up hope but I'm just being realistic, really. Which college/subject did you apply for this year, out of interest? And which subject might you change to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

King's for English, I knew it would be incredibly tough but I loved the college and genuinely thought I'd fit in there, so I thought 'what the heck' and just went for it. I'm glad I did, and appreciate that being pooled is still an achievement in itself. :smile:

I'm considering trying again for Music, but that would mean turning down my current offers. I'm worried that this may seem completely irrational, but this whole process is screwing my head up anyway. Ah well, what happens happens, right?
Original post by pr100
was it medicine they got an offer without interview for?

Yep!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_miGclPFGs

Where's this guy when you need him :P
Original post by Question Mark
I am singing the " one pound fish song" ....... fish going cheap.........

PRSOM :rofl:
Reply 1465
Original post by Bombay Bicycles
I'm considering trying again for Music, but that would mean turning down my current offers. I'm worried that this may seem completely irrational, but this whole process is screwing my head up anyway. Ah well, what happens happens, right?

I was considering the exact same thing, it's a difficult and frustrating situation that makes everyone a touch irrational i think!
Some of the most amusing posts have come from this thread. The Cam Pool Comedy troupe anyone?
Original post by Kidioteque
May I ask what your UMS average is? Well done! :smile:

Hi, thank you!! I worked this out quite a while ago so this may not be completely accurate but I think it was between 92% and 93% - but don't think it was quite 93% so don't think I was autopooled? :smile:
Original post by tissue_26
Her bmat was 7.8, 4.3, 4A and her UMS is around 98% I think?
And to Robinson college
My sister was straight rejected with better.... (and with medals in olympiads in chem/ bio and a load of ECs).

It seems like medicine is just a load of consecutive coin flips at the top end.
Reply 1469
does anyone know if when applicants are recalled for interview, are they competing with other applicants for a spot or is it that the college will make you an offer if they like you?
Original post by JKA17
I applied for history at Magdalene which was just averagely popular :/
The wait is excrutiating.
The wait is definitely the worst part of the whole experience!
Original post by Silverland
Some of the most amusing posts have come from this thread. The Cam Pool Comedy troupe anyone?

I am for joining. but it is time to call it night. good luck to you and good luck to one and all!
Reply 1472
Original post by Llewellyn
My sister was straight rejected with better.... (and with medals in olympiads in chem/ bio and a load of ECs).

It seems like medicine is just a load of consecutive coin flips at the top end.

It also depends on your interview's performance.

Sorry, did not see the straight rejected part...
More PBS offers tomorrow maybe? (I have lost hope already, but still, come on!) =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Is there any chance of getting fished tomorrow or is today it?
Reply 1475
C'mon, reject me already! :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by pleasedtobeatyou
Is there any chance of getting fished tomorrow or is today it?

The fishing part of the pool is over, what we're waiting for atm is for them to communicate the results of that, which should happen within about 10 days
Original post by chocoholic_x
This really isn't very related to the whole pooling situation but I just wanted to compliment you on your username. It's awesome. :tongue:

Heheheh :biggrin: It was just the first thing that came into my head - I did wonder if someone would pick up on it though! :tongue:
Reply 1478
Original post by Confabulation
Fished for PBS by Selwyn. Originally applied to Pembroke :smile:

Congrats! I also originally applied to pembroke for PBS and nervously waiting to hear...
Reply 1479
Original post by Zhy
C'mon, reject me already! :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Would you reapply next year if you didn't get fished?

Latest

Trending

Trending