The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by belisarius
Ahh i see that sounds cool. Isn't it the only UK course that does that? What did you apply for at other unis?

it's the only university in the world that offers that!!! I applied for Economics in UCL and Manchester and got in both but my heart will only go for Cambridge. What about you? Which course and have you been fished?
Original post by JKA17
I think if I rang it would go something like this:

"P...P...Please, TELL ME" and then I would cry.

sounds about right :s-smilie:

I'd probably panic and put the phone straight back down :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hapytrefrend
Oh my god
I am in pretty much the same situation as you
Been pooled and been thinking only chance is from mature colleges
I am barely qualified as a mature student !

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a mature student if you'll be 21 by October 2013, but when I visited the mature colleges everyone was a lot older than that :frown: I was actually planning on applying to one, but the open days were such a let down - I really felt like the odd one out!

Mature students like us can't be fished by standard-age colleges; our files are marked and put on a separate table only mature colleges can fish from. Good luck to you anyway - if we get fished it would still be Cambridge, of course, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with these concerns!
Original post by TheHaylio
:biggrin:ithey are
. Let me know when you hear?
I accidentally just begged repped you wahhhhhh sorry! :frown:

hahaha what's "begged repped" . I will let you know as soon as I know something :angry:
Reply 2864
Ahhhhhhhh fished by Churchill for History! By email today at approx. 12:30pm which I opened at about 2:15pm
No terms yet
Hang in there fishes! I'd resorted to reading last years tag and reached page 170/200 while refusing to check my email having resigned myself to the fact that there was no point!
Much love x
Reply 2865
Original post by Helly
Ahhhhhhhh fished by Churchill for History! By email today at approx. 12:30pm which I opened at about 2:15pm
No terms yet
Hang in there fishes! I'd resorted to reading last years tag and reached page 170/200 while refusing to check my email having resigned myself to the fact that there was no point!
Much love x

Congratulations fellow historian :smile:

I officially, give up.
Original post by JKA17
That is true, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I thought I only saw people being fished by Magdalene for PBS? Could easily be wrong. Good luck to you :smile:

Really? Oh, that's good to hear! I had a hunch I might get pooled, so I've been lurking about, but as I wasn't sure I'm not completely up to date :smile: Thanks!
Original post by JKA17
Congratulations fellow historian :smile:

I officially, give up.

Congratz! at least there is some hope left :s-smilie:
Original post by anamzaman
it's the only university in the world that offers that!!! I applied for Economics in UCL and Manchester and got in both but my heart will only go for Cambridge. What about you? Which course and have you been fished?

Oh wow thats a bit bigger than just the UK :tongue:

I applied for Phys NatSci at Churchill, been pooled but haven't heard owt yet. Tbh it seems like hardly any natsci have thusfar so im not too worried (im kidding ofc im terrified)
Original post by belisarius
Oh wow thats a bit bigger than just the UK :tongue:

I applied for Phys NatSci at Churchill, been pooled but haven't heard owt yet. Tbh it seems like hardly any natsci have thusfar so im not too worried (im kidding ofc im terrified)

Can I ask your ums?
How was interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2870
I got a direct offer for compsci from Corpus Christi this morning. :smile: Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I got pooled by Clare College and just got a call earlier today to say I have an interview at Pembroke on Friday. It's for History :smile:
Reply 2872
Finally heard back from Caius and I've been pooled for English. It was (only just) an auto-pool since my average UMS in my three most relevant subjects is 93.3%. Didn't think my interviews went that well though so i'm not particularly optimistic. Plenty of time to receive a response though! Decisions run till the 14th.
Reply 2873
is it a bad idea to ring my original college to ask if I've been rejected? I can't stand waiting not to hear I've got a delayed rejection. But at the same time, i'm not sure whether i'm letting my impatience get in the way.
Will a Cambridge college ever call you using a private/with-held number? I missed an unexpected call on my mobile earlier.
Original post by Helly
No terms yet
Much love x

Congratulations!! :biggrin:

I'm so jealous, think I might just give up hope now :frown:
Reply 2876
Original post by Brighter_Star
Really? Oh, that's good to hear! I had a hunch I might get pooled, so I've been lurking about, but as I wasn't sure I'm not completely up to date :smile: Thanks!

Just checked Minerva's document, so far Magdalene have picked out people for: Computer Science, Maths, NatSci Bio, PBS. Weirdly all sciency ones. Don't know if that's a coincidence, but anyway. And yes you were right, one of the two people on here taken back out of the pool by their original college was from Magdalene. I have no idea whether or not any of this information has any significance to either of our situations, but there it is :smile:
Reply 2877
Original post by WJRA
Finally heard back from Caius and I've been pooled for English. It was (only just) an auto-pool since my average UMS in my three most relevant subjects is 93.3%. Didn't think my interviews went that well though so i'm not particularly optimistic. Plenty of time to receive a response though! Decisions run till the 14th.

Similar to my situation, 93.6% average. Pooled by Selwyn for English too - good luck! :s
It's really annoying for me because on Saturday I lost my phone, and with it the number I put on the application, and I don't really know what to do, at the moment I'm sitting waiting for an email, but what if they try to contact me through phone and cant'?

(Physnatsci Queens)
watching scrubs to pass the time, came across this song. Might interest you lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2lSSmKBNk

Latest

Trending

Trending