The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4600
Original post by sjk1995
Drowned, Law, Queens', letter.
Re-applying next year, hellllooooooooooooo gap year!

oh thats cool.. youre the first person ive seen whos definately reapplying. dyu thing your chances will be much better next year?
Reply 4601
Original post by joyie
i'm sorry :/ i'm sure you'll be going to a really awsome uni nonetheless. what course?

I applied for Bio Natsci. I think I may go to IC since I have a Biochemistry offer there. Also I apply to some Hong Kong universities. Good luck swimmer:biggrin:
Minerva - do you know if any rejections have been made by Sidney Sussex thus far?
Reply 4603
Original post by sjk1995
Drowned, Law, Queens', letter.
Re-applying next year, hellllooooooooooooo gap year!

oh thats cool.. youre the first person ive seen whos definately reapplying. dyu thing your chances will be much better next year?

Original post by L_X_0.0
I applied for Bio Natsci. I think I may go to IC since I have a Biochemistry offer there. Also I apply to some Hong Kong universities. Good luck swimmer:biggrin:

oh, i applied for bio natsci too! at pembroke. did you get an email or a letter?
Reply 4604
Original post by joyie

oh, i applied for bio natsci too! at pembroke. did you get an email or a letter?

According to their wording, they sent out rejection letters yesterday(and definitely not intend to email anyone for their rejections). I asked them for my letter and then I had one...Cool, yeah?:tongue:
Reply 4605
Original post by L_X_0.0
I asked them for my letter and then I had one...Cool, yeah?:tongue:

so you got a letter-- what? i'm so confused
Mum just rang me at college with my rejection letter for Law (originally applied to Christ's).

I'm crushed. I know it's just a university and there are many other fantastic ones out there... But y'know, it's Cambridge. Guess I didn't realise how badly I actually wanted to go.

I haven't read through this thread so I don't know if anyone's been given an offer yet, but if so, my warmest congratulations to you:smile:
Reply 4607
There hasn't been an offer around here for a few days now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4608
Original post by joyie
so you got a letter-- what? i'm so confused

I got a digital one-an email if you like....I think they always write 'here is a copy of your decision letter' in an email, dont they?
Reply 4609
Original post by jennaleeah
Mum just rang me at college with my rejection letter for Law (originally applied to Christ's).

I'm crushed. I know it's just a university and there are many other fantastic ones out there... But y'know, it's Cambridge. Guess I didn't realise how badly I actually wanted to go.

I haven't read through this thread so I don't know if anyone's been given an offer yet, but if so, my warmest congratulations to you:smile:

sorry to hear that :frown: i'm sure you will end up in a fantastic uni and maybe go to cambridge for postgrad! i'm scared that i will realise the same thing when/if i get rejected- that i want it so much! i'm not sure how i will take rejection. however i hope that its all for the best and i'm sure one day i will be happy i didnt end up in cambridge after all- as weird as that sounds!
Drowned by Downing for MML, am at school and my Dad called to tell me the letter had arrived. Oh well, I knew it was a long shot. Thank god for this thread, it's the only thing that's kept me going this past week! Good luck to everyone else, just hang in there :smile: You'll do fantastic wherever you end up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4611
Original post by L_X_0.0
I applied for Bio Natsci. I have already got my offer from IC so I may accept that. Also I am also applying to some universities in Hong Kong and the results released at March. Are you still swimming? I wish you the very best of luck:smile:.

Hong Kong sounds exciting, and IC supposed to be amazing! So, good luck.

God knows why someone negged me for my supportive ( I hoped) message! If it felt tactless, I'm sorry. I meant it to be helpful :smile:
Reply 4612
Original post by dornam
There hasn't been an offer around here for a few days now

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wonder if that means something? or maybe i'm just over thinking. with hope, i will be fine with whatever happens
Reply 4613
Drowned by Downing...pretty gutted tbh.

Looking back, I'm wondering if I could have done more.. now my 0 offers will provide excellent motivation for my upcoming exams.
Reply 4614
Original post by KD35
Drowned by Downing...pretty gutted tbh.

Looking back, I'm wondering if I could have done more.. now my 0 offers will provide excellent motivation for my upcoming exams.

aw i'm sorry to hear that.... 0 offers meaning you havent heard back from your other unis yet, right?
Reply 4615
What do they write in rejection letter? Any specific reason? :frown:
Reply 4616
Original post by Noonoo
Hong Kong sounds exciting, and IC supposed to be amazing! So, good luck.

God knows why someone negged me for my supportive ( I hoped) message! If it felt tactless, I'm sorry. I meant it to be helpful :smile:

It is indeed supportive man! I felt a lot better after I read that.:wink:
Reply 4617
Original post by honggau
What do they write in rejection letter? Any specific reason? :frown:

Oversubscribed? whatever... The only 'useful' resource can only be the feedback which we still dont have. They are experienced in rejection-letter wording I suppose...Make applicants feel natural and less painful
Reply 4618
Original post by joyie
aw i'm sorry to hear that.... 0 offers meaning you havent heard back from your other unis yet, right?

yep, that is correct.

I feel applying to Cambridge has been a waste of time now because I didn't really care about it before I applied but now I've had a taste of it, I want more and I'm tempted to apply again next year.
Reply 4619
Original post by L_X_0.0
Oversubscribed? whatever... The only 'useful' resource can only be the feedback which we still dont have. They are experienced in rejection-letter wording I suppose...Make applicants feel natural and less painful

Ah as always. I'm preparing myself for it. My college will probably send out rejection letters on Monday so I have to brace myself for exams!

Anyway, screw this. We will still have a wonderful life!!

Latest

Trending

Trending