The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bambi897064
I think I've seen one person get a rejection and one get accepted for physics nat sci... Did you like the college?

Yeah I think I've seen a couple of rejections for phynatsci aswell, but no word from bio, maybe they deal with us separately? Do you have any idea how/when they will contact us? And yeah I actually really did like it! I didn't feel happy at Queens' so wouldn't have been as fussed about a rejection but I really liked this college.... was so much friendlier! how about you? :smile:

Minerva- Do you know if anyone has heard back from BioNatsci Murray Edwards? :/ I'm losing hope and getting more irritated at Cambridge.
Reply 5301
Original post by sarah-madeline
Yeah I think I've seen a couple of rejections for phynatsci aswell, but no word from bio, maybe they deal with us separately? Do you have any idea how/when they will contact us? And yeah I actually really did like it! I didn't feel happy at Queens' so wouldn't have been as fussed about a rejection but I really liked this college.... was so much friendlier! how about you? :smile:

Minerva- Do you know if anyone has heard back from BioNatsci Murray Edwards? :/ I'm losing hope and getting more irritated at Cambridge.

Why didn't you like Queens'?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5302
Original post by stalkingparent
Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

Similar story to my son but still waiting on PhyNatSci from Robinson interview.

Any other news from Robinson today?

Thanks to the snow we have had no post at all today in our village so no post simply means no post but a longer wait here for him.
None of the other three Robinson interviewees has reported anything yet.

In the circumstances, an email to both your son's original college and Robinson would seem reasonable -
Reply 5303
I originally applied to selwyn for vet med and was pooled, i wasn't re-interviewed and i haven't heard anything yet, is this normal? what could be going on? i know some people have got rejections through track but i haven't heard anything since my letter on the 4th about being pooled :confused:
Was re-interviewed for English at Christ's and Churchill on Thursday, I was completely awful in my Churchill interview but Christ's much better...but then got a rejection email from Christ's the very next day :frown: Haven't heard anything from Churchill but I know it it is gonna be a rejection... I just wish they would get on and tell me for certain though!!! The number of times I am asked "Have you heard anything yet?" by people at school is driving me up the wall that I don't have a concrete answer to give them!! Someone said to me today "you should stick a sign to yourself saying I HAVEN'T HEARD YET so that people stop asking you" :biggrin: And people keep telling me "oh i'm sure you'll get into Churchill" which is also kind of driving me up the wall...
Reply 5305
Original post by Tenrec
I originally applied to selwyn for vet med and was pooled, i wasn't re-interviewed and i haven't heard anything yet, is this normal? what could be going on? i know some people have got rejections through track but i haven't heard anything since my letter on the 4th about being pooled :confused:
It could be that you are still in contention for an offer, or (probably more likely) that Selwyn hasn't got around to confirming your rejection yet. Can't tell which it is, I'm afraid :frown:

Original post by iamsherlocked
Was re-interviewed for English at Christ's and Churchill on Thursday, I was completely awful in my Churchill interview but Christ's much better...but then got a rejection email from Christ's the very next day :frown: Haven't heard anything from Churchill but I know it it is gonna be a rejection... I just wish they would get on and tell me for certain though!!! The number of times I am asked "Have you heard anything yet?" by people at school is driving me up the wall that I don't have a concrete answer to give them!! Someone said to me today "you should stick a sign to yourself saying I HAVEN'T HEARD YET so that people stop asking you" :biggrin: And people keep telling me "oh i'm sure you'll get into Churchill" which is also kind of driving me up the wall...
I think an email to Churchill and to your original college tomorrow wouldn't be unreasonable.

I can understand your feelings about the constant questions, so the sooner you know where you are, the better.
Reply 5306
Yeah I kinda like the sign idea, having the same problem :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tenrec

My daughter had heard nothing since the 4th either, UNTIL, a random unexpected call last night about this time with an offer. Good luck.
Original post by sarah-madeline
I was at murray edwards thursday/friday!! did they email you or did you find out on track, I was for Bionatsci but have heard nothing and its killing me not knowingggggg!! :frown:

I probably saw you then! :wink: I got an email but it was from Clare, saying they'd got my file back and I had not been offered a place through the winter pool etc... and then track updated a few minutes after I'd read it! Haven't heard from Murray Edwards yet (doubt I will tbh). No news might be good news at this point - someone else has also been rejected from Murray Edwards for NatSci but so far I haven't heard of any offers... on the other hand might just be that your original college has got your file back and are slower letting you know - it's impossible to say! Good luck though, hope you find out (good news) soon! :smile:
Original post by helangio
I was there on friday morning, so there's a chance :smile: Manchester, if I get the grades, what about you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an offer from UCL for Chemistry so hopefully to London, as long as I get the grades! :tongue:
Completely unexpectedly received an offer from Caius today!!!
So happy, good luck to all of the other fish who are still swimming don't give up all hope yet!
Thank you very much to Minerva and everyone else for their kindness and reassuringness, I've still applied to different unis for a slightly different course as recommended - it's always good to have options!
I feel very lucky for both this late offer and the help this lovely, good-humoured and ever-present thread has give me.
Much love xxx
Original post by Minerva
x

Having a look at your stats report from the 13th, bit confused by the first little table in it - seems to suggest that no one who was re-interviewed has had any news and everyone who wasnt re-interviewed has received either an offer or a rejection...which i'm sure can't be right?
Original post by Tenrec

I am in the same situation as you! I also applied for vet med but to Clare and I haven't anything since being pooled on the 4th either.
Reply 5313
Original post by silver*linings
Completely unexpectedly received an offer from Caius today!!!
So happy, good luck to all of the other fish who are still swimming don't give up all hope yet!
Thank you very much to Minerva and everyone else for their kindness and reassuringness, I've still applied to different unis for a slightly different course as recommended - it's always good to have options!
I feel very lucky for both this late offer and the help this lovely, good-humoured and ever-present thread has give me.
Much love xxx
That is excellent news - I am so pleased for you!

Having a look at your stats report from the 13th, bit confused by the first little table in it - seems to suggest that no one who was re-interviewed has had any news and everyone who wasnt re-interviewed has received either an offer or a rejection...which i'm sure can't be right?
It was at the time that the report was put together - ie Sunday morning :smile: There have been updates since but I haven't had time to produce a new report, and don't expect to until the end of the week, unfortunately.
Original post by stalkingparent
Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

Similar story to my son but still waiting on PhyNatSci from Robinson interview.

Any other news from Robinson today?

Thanks to the snow we have had no post at all today in our village so no post simply means no post but a longer wait here for him.

I am also waiting for the exact same thing! No news for me as well, yet.
Original post by Minerva

It was at the time that the report was put together - ie Sunday morning :smile: There have been updates since but I haven't had time to produce a new report, and don't expect to until the end of the week, unfortunately.

What I meant in particular was, I swear there are still now, and even more on Sunday morning, people who haven't/hadn't heard anything at all since the 4th january? I may be misunderstanding your tables :tongue:

I think Minerva just forgot to add the no-news people in the no-interview row of the little table. At the time, there were 144 of those (you can see that from her other tables). Many of them have had news since then, but I would guess there are still many that have not heard anything at all since the 4th.
Reply 5317
What I meant in particular was, I swear there are still now, and even more on Sunday morning, people who haven't/hadn't heard anything at all since the 4th january? I may be misunderstanding your tables :tongue:
Sorry - I can see what's happened. I should have added the 34 to the 144 to give you a total of 178 still waiting to hear (or tell us that they've heard, more accurately).

At the moment we have
364 poolees, of whom:
41 were invited for interview: 5 Offers, 3 Rejections, and 33 'no news'
85 received direct offers
114 have told us they were unsuccessful (including the three re-interviewees mentioned above)
127 have not heard anything/have not told us if they have
So does that mean if we were reinterviewed and have heard no news there is still chance of an offer...? :/
Original post by Minerva
x

Latest

Trending

Trending