The Student Room Group

AQA AS Computing unit 2 17th January 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CTom
Few, was worried about what would come up, but nothing was too evil, only fear was I didn't put enough for the Internet vs WWW question, as got a blank =p.

Also, Imperative is in effect where you state the algorithm of the program as you do it, as with most languages such as Java, Pascal, VB, etc. Declarative is where you don't specify the Algorithm, you only state the inputs, such as with SQL or Prolog.

And yeah, I got A.C(NOT) for it, and 2047 for HDD).

Was A.B.C(Not) + A.C(Not) I think, so went:
A.C(not).(B+1)
As B+1 = 1, is A.C(not).1 = A.C(NOT)

512 MB x 2 = 1GB, 1024 GB in a TB, so 2x1024 = 2048.

For that internet question I didn't have much as much as I would expect for a 4 mark question but I don't think there was much more I could have written. Also it loks like I guessed the 8 marker correctly :biggrin:. And finally I put down 2000 for the TB to 512MB, I understand that it is 2048 but hopefully I will still get the marks for it.
Reply 61
Original post by AJS17
Let’s go to the beach, each
Went well :smile: Anyone else get that for the 8 marker ^ ?

Anyone have any idea on grade boundaries?

The grade boundries are usually around 46-45 for an A then -5 for each grade lower.
Reply 62
I think I made a mistake on the CSS question. I wrote "font-size: 36" instead of "font-size: 36px". Aaagh.
Reply 63
ha thats definitelywrong, looks like someones resiting in the summer...(mike256(retard))
Reply 64
Original post by mike256
I think I made a mistake on the CSS question. I wrote "font-size: 36" instead of "font-size: 36px". Aaagh.

From what I've seen in past papers, they're not after the exact code, simply you showing that you understand it, so you should hopefully be fine.
Reply 65
Original post by CTom
From what I've seen in past papers, they're not after the exact code, simply you showing that you understand it, so you should hopefully be fine.

Just checked the mark scheme for previous years, he got it wrong HA.:colondollar:
Reply 66
What did you guys get for every question?
Reply 67
Original post by GuruKid95
Just checked the mark scheme for previous years, he got it wrong HA.:colondollar:

For June 2009, where they wanted you to make it bold, they stated:

"A Variations on the correct command for bold as long as the meaning
is clear"

Then for June 2011, where you had to fill in the whole page, they say for the part on font size:
"A <font size=x><strong> and </strong></font> where x>=6"
Which would indicate simply putting the number in would be fine for font size.

So yeah, I hope that just the number will be fine. =p.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68

Who are you?
Reply 69
I put that 1tb is 2000 times 512mb, is this wrong?
Reply 70
Hey guys, Im an IT student, just had my exam today, it went well but how is 1tb 2000 times 512mb ? 512mb x 4 = 2000mb which is 2tb ?
Reply 71
Original post by 0b06
Hey guys, Im an IT student, just had my exam today, it went well but how is 1tb 2000 times 512mb ? 512mb x 4 = 2000mb which is 2tb ?

There are 1024 Megabytes in a Gigabyte, and 1024 Gigabytes in a Terabyte.

So, if you want to find out how many times 512 MB go into 1 TB, you can firstly see how many times 512MB goes into 1GB. 1024/512 = 2. So for every Gigabyte, there are 2 of these 512MB. There are 1024GB in a TB, so is 1024 times * two as two 512MBs per GB. So 1024 * 2 = 2048.

Don't know if I explained that well, but there you go. I think you just mixed up GB with TB.
Reply 72
we wer extremely lucky they didnt ask the big bulk questions on f.e.cycle and stuff like dns
Reply 73
Original post by GeoHall
Who are you?

Who am i? Who are you :angry:?
Reply 74
Original post by CTom
For June 2009, where they wanted you to make it bold, they stated:

"A Variations on the correct command for bold as long as the meaning
is clear"

Then for June 2011, where you had to fill in the whole page, they say for the part on font size:
"A <font size=x><strong> and </strong></font> where x>=6"
Which would indicate simply putting the number in would be fine for font size.

So yeah, I hope that just the number will be fine. =p.

But that code would not work on an actual computer, so you should get it wrong.
Reply 75

Should is different to would :P. Only way either of us will know what they decide this time is when they publish the results, just going off past papers we can hope they go the same way this time :smile:.

Oh, and what did everyone put for the 1c question or w/e, where you had to fill in the blanks, after the 'The data bus is used for data and [blank]? I put instructions, but I feel a bit unsure about whether that'd be the right word to use.
Reply 76
Original post by CTom
Should is different to would :P. Only way either of us will know what they decide this time is when they publish the results, just going off past papers we can hope they go the same way this time :smile:.

Oh, and what did everyone put for the 1c question or w/e, where you had to fill in the blanks, after the 'The data bus is used for data and [blank]? I put instructions, but I feel a bit unsure about whether that'd be the right word to use.

I put instructions too but I'm not sure if that is correct.
Reply 77

If you were actually coding a web page you would have access to many resources to help you, so chances are, if he was on a real computer he would get it right. If you are going to keep on insulting people, please leave.
Reply 78
Original post by Nabbles
If you were actually coding a web page you would have access to many resources to help you, so chances are, if he was on a real computer he would get it right. If you are going to keep on insulting people, please leave.

Shut up mate, come say that to my face.
Reply 79
did anybody know the definition for packet switching and a bus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending