The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tbl
My son has just heard by email that he has been rejected (pooled by Peterhouse for PhyNatSci, reinterviewed by Robinson). (We haven't posted here before.) Many thanks to Minerva and everyone else who has kept us going with this thread throughout the long wait, and all the very best for the future - at Cambridge or elsewhere - to all the young people who have shown themselves to be so good-humoured and generous at a very difficult time in their lives.

Sorry to hear about that for your son, I'm sure he'll do very well wherever he chooses to go to now.

I hope you do not mind me asking - but was it Robinson that emailed you or Peterhouse the original college?
Reply 5441
Offer from Caius Math. (letter this morning 17.01) . Pooled by Queens'. International. (Letter dated 9th January???).
I followed the thread two excruciating swimming weeks. (At the end I didn’t feel swimming in pool it was already soup or even afrying pan.) Thank you all fine thread people for this atmosphere of compassion and brotherhood. It did make difference for me and for most of us. Thank you Minerva. Thank you Stray. All the best to everyone. :tongue:
Anyone still waiting to hear from murray Edwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5443
So no news from churchill anyone?
Reply 5444
Original post by DanishPastry
I applied to English, and you? I'm international, so I applied to very different places, a few in Scotland as well that I haven't heard from yet. :smile:

Biology! Ahhhh yeah there are some really nice unis in Scotland :smile: good luck! May see you at York :wink:
Reply 5445
Cambridge here I come, offer from Girton for Maths, see you in October Georgie:colone:
Original post by ma-anna
So no news from churchill anyone?

I was re-interviewed at Churchill for English on Thursday last week and still haven't heard anything. Were you re-interviewed there too? What subject?
Reply 5447
Original post by josephtsui
Phys Natsci.

So you know, I was re-interviewed by Fitz for Phys Natsci and haven't heard from them yet :s-smilie:
Reply 5448
Original post by iamsherlocked
I was re-interviewed at Churchill for English on Thursday last week and still haven't heard anything. Were you re-interviewed there too? What subject?

Yes re-interviewed there for English.
Original post by bambi897064
Anyone still waiting to hear from murray Edwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. Was re-interviewed on friday still heard nothing. BioNatSci. What were you waiting for?
Original post by sarah-madeline
I am. Was re-interviewed on friday still heard nothing. BioNatSci. What were you waiting for?

Same! What was your original college? Maybe they're not sure which one of us to pick hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ma-anna
Yes re-interviewed there for English.

Aah there's 3 of us on this thread then! Out of 6 re-interviewees (saw the schedule on the wall at Churchill)

Our Head of Sixth Form phoned up Churchill on Tuesday morning and they said decisions hadn't been made yet for English at that point, and that we would *probably* hear by Friday.

I am pretty sure I am getting a rejection though as my interview there went pretty badly :/ How did you feel yours went? The interviewers looked seriously unimpressed with me. They kept interrrupting me in the middle of my answers to ask something completely different, kind of felt like they had no interest in what I had to say :/
Same! What was your original college? Maybe they're not sure which one of us to pick hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queens and I may have seen you then! :biggrin: I haven't seen anyone who has heard back for Bionatsci there...I've seen a few Physnatsci rejections mind you. So irritating I just want to be put out of my misery! Can't decide if no news is good news or not...
Queens and I may have seen you then! :biggrin: I haven't seen anyone who has heard back for Bionatsci there...I've seen a few Physnatsci rejections mind you. So irritating I just want to be put out of my misery! Can't decide if no news is good news or not...

Girton :-) no I was actually interviewed on Friday, I just said "same" because we're for the same subject. It seems as though if we get accepted well get an email and if not it might just be a ucas track update. We shall see, good luck to you and please let me know if you hear anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girton :-) no I was actually interviewed on Friday, I just said "same" because we're for the same subject. It seems as though if we get accepted well get an email and if not it might just be a ucas track update. We shall see, good luck to you and please let me know if you hear anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was interviewed on friday at murray edwards too which is what I meant :smile: I've seen people get letters for acceptances as well as rejections though too...ah confusing :frown: :frown: and yes good luck to you too! I will let you know if I hear anything, I don't know wh it is taking so long, they should have the decency to let us know by now!! :P
Oh my gosh, I've just received an offer! :biggrin: English student pooled by Queens', received an offer from St Edmund's (if I understand the campus code correctly). It was updated on Track this evening, so I expect the official letter is on its way. So excited!!!

My condition is providing a satisfactory financial guarantee. Does anyone know what that means, exactly?

Good luck to any remaining fish, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Reply 5456
OMG I just received an offer too via UCAS Track! NatSciBio student pooled by Pembroke and got an offer from St Edmund's as well :smile:Can't wait for the official letter!All the best to the rest of the fishes! Be patient and don't fret!
Yeah I was interviewed on friday at murray edwards too which is what I meant :smile: I've seen people get letters for acceptances as well as rejections though too...ah confusing :frown: :frown: and yes good luck to you too! I will let you know if I hear anything, I don't know wh it is taking so long, they should have the decency to let us know by now!! :P

I meant Saturday oops! Yeah I know, I am constantly refreshing my email haha, how did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5458
Original post by iamsherlocked
Aah there's 3 of us on this thread then! Out of 6 re-interviewees (saw the schedule on the wall at Churchill)

Ah it's such a relief to hear a fellow English Churchill interviewee.

I thought my interview went very badly. They didn't seem interested in me and I found them quite dismissive.

Good Luck !!
I meant Saturday oops! Yeah I know, I am constantly refreshing my email haha, how did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too its becoming obsessive! And I thought it was much better than my first set! The interviewers were lovely I thought. I forgot a couple of simple things but they seemed to understand as I'm gap year but managed to work my way through the other questions they asked. How do you think yours went?

Latest

Trending

Trending