The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by Future_Dr
Characteristics of Dsicountinous variation:

different alleles at a single gene locus have large effect on the phenotype

different gene loci have quite different effects on the phenotype

examples include codominance, dominance, reccessive patterns of inhertitance

These were taken from the book.. However, I understand the first and the last point but for the middle one, where it says different gene ,loci, does it mean different genes as well and so it might be refering to epistasis?

Firstly, do you understand what a gene loci is? If you don't, read what it is first before trying to understand the above.

Explanation

Bear in mind, it's been a long time since I did Bio, so I may have forgotten a lot of it :colondollar:
Reply 2601
Original post by Zeegie
Lol I told you before, I can be really mean sometimes....luckily it's under control now (god this makes me sound like a lunatic)....

Well....my sister trolls me, and often I am pretty much out-witted by her.....and so, unless if I have verbal diarrhoea, I have no choice but to take it all in and play the idiot to please her lol...she's like an evil little mignon lol...

She does get annoyed when I shove baby pics of her in her face and oodle at how adorable she used to look....in contrast to moi lol

Lol I was referring to strict school master soti, you wouldn't have it in ya to be a goonda would you??!?!???!

You're deffo a lunatic :mmm:

:laugh: Clearly, she is the clever one :tongue: I'm fortunate in that as[ect to have not so smart siblings. My 15 year old brother (turning 16) always thinks he's so clever, saying whatever, and I shut him up with just a sentence or two :giggle: Your sister is a steak? :lolwut:

Oh they all do that to me as well :tongue: But my baby pics are epic :wink:

Oh right, nah, I have other methods of discipline :tongue: A few weeks ago, I broke my youngest brothers Fifa 13 in two :wink: (After buying it myself :rolleyes: ) And nah, I'm not a goonda :tongue: I'm too nice and fragile and precious to let myself get hurt :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Revent
Maths is amazing :love:

Why won't it last? :tongue: It's a lot better when you're nicer to me :wink: And what's up? :smile: :hugs: :console: If you wanna talk, feel free to drop me a PM :smile: I know it doesn't look like it from this thread, but I'm a great listener :h:

Go for it!! :smile: I REALLY wanna go, it's just that there's sooo much to do. I have saved up the money for it as well, but my visa limits me to only 3 months outside the country per year :frown:

Geek lol
Because i have a mean streak. Lol thanks for the offer but it's cool :smile: :smile:
Really? 3months is loads, african safari=couple of weeks.
Reply 2603
Original post by Maryb_101
Geek lol
Because i have a mean streak. Lol thanks for the offer but it's cool :smile: :smile:
Really? 3months is loads, african safari=couple of weeks.

Yeah, Maths is my best subject by far :love:

:laugh: Well, you can add me to the exception list, can't you? :wink: and no worries :smile: Just gimme a shout if you ever wanna talk though, I don't bite :giggle: (unless someone wants to get kinky :teehee: )

Well, lemme show you the program I was looking at :smile: Here, I THINK it was this one. Add 6 days to the current time to climb Kili as well :smile:

Plus, I want to play it safe and stick to 80 days in case something ****s up or somehow I was out for an extra couple of days and what not. Add in a week (hopefully) for skiing and then maybe a mini holiday somewhere and my 3 months are already up :frown:
Reply 2604
Original post by Revent
You're deffo a lunatic :mmm:

:laugh: Clearly, she is the clever one :tongue: I'm fortunate in that as[ect to have not so smart siblings. My 15 year old brother (turning 16) always thinks he's so clever, saying whatever, and I shut him up with just a sentence or two :giggle: Your sister is a steak? :lolwut:

Oh they all do that to me as well :tongue: But my baby pics are epic :wink:

Spoiler

Oh right, nah, I have other methods of discipline :tongue: A few weeks ago, I broke my youngest brothers Fifa 13 in two :wink: (After buying it myself :rolleyes: ) And nah, I'm not a goonda :tongue: I'm too nice and fragile and precious to let myself get hurt :colondollar:

NO lol my sister is not that tasty :wink:

Sweet cheese, you look so bloody innocent!! What happened? :wink: ahahah
Hahaha look at the flower in your hand....cute :biggrin:
Lol you broke Fifa....that must have buurrnneeddddd.....
Reply 2605
Original post by Zeegie
NO lol my sister is not that tasty :wink:

Sweet cheese, you look so bloody innocent!! What happened? :wink: ahahah
Hahaha look at the flower in your hand....cute :biggrin:
Lol you broke Fifa....that must have buurrnneeddddd.....

A mignon is a type of steak you know :mmm:

:laugh: Believe it or not, I used to be innocent right up until I started sixth form :tongue: Then Y happened :lol: (the ex)

Yeah, it was for my mum :tongue: :colondollar:

Yeah, it REALLY did make him wanna cry. I felt bad afterwards so I then took him out for ice cream :lol:
Reply 2606
Original post by Revent
A mignon is a type of steak you know :mmm:

:laugh: Believe it or not, I used to be innocent right up until I started sixth form :tongue: Then Y happened :lol: (the ex)

Yeah, it was for my mum :tongue: :colondollar:

Yeah, it REALLY did make him wanna cry. I felt bad afterwards so I then took him out for ice cream :lol:

I prefer turkey...
Oh yeah you "lost" your innocence didn't you :wink:
Awwwww that's sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee
ahahhah you sound like a good bro.....wish I had one :frown:
Reply 2607
Original post by Zeegie
I prefer turkey...
Oh yeah you "lost" your innocence didn't you :wink:
Awwwww that's sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee
ahahhah you sound like a good bro.....wish I had one :frown:

Then call her a turkey instead of a mignon :colone:

And nah, I'm still innocent on the inside :wink: Just got to play the role of a creep :tongue:

Yeah :tongue: I used to be a nice child :giggle: I have soooooo many child pictures of myself :laugh:

and I'm an amazing bro :wink: You can have me as one :tongue:
Reply 2608
Original post by Revent
Then call her a turkey instead of a mignon :colone:

And nah, I'm still innocent on the inside :wink: Just got to play the role of a creep :tongue:

Yeah :tongue: I used to be a nice child :giggle: I have soooooo many child pictures of myself :laugh:

and I'm an amazing bro :wink: You can have me as one :tongue:

lol....doubt your innocent hahah
forget child pics..your whole room is probably shatted with pics of yourself to satisfy your ego :wink:

yayayayaya :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2609
Original post by Zeegie
lol....doubt your innocent hahah
forget child pics..your whole room is probably shatted with pics of yourself to satisfy your ego :wink:

yayayayaya :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, course I'm not innocent anymore :giggle:

:laugh: Surprisingly, I hate pictures :tongue: My room is actually really nice and simple :smile: I have a couple of movie posters at the moment which is about it.

I was just looking at some old child pictures now and reminiscing when times were so simple :moon: :laugh: That and I look like such an amazing kids :P
Original post by Revent
Yeah, Maths is my best subject by far :love:

:laugh: Well, you can add me to the exception list, can't you? :wink: and no worries :smile: Just gimme a shout if you ever wanna talk though, I don't bite :giggle: (unless someone wants to get kinky :teehee: )

Well, lemme show you the program I was looking at :smile: Here, I THINK it was this one. Add 6 days to the current time to climb Kili as well :smile:

Plus, I want to play it safe and stick to 80 days in case something ****s up or somehow I was out for an extra couple of days and what not. Add in a week (hopefully) for skiing and then maybe a mini holiday somewhere and my 3 months are already up :frown:

Lol I mostly try to keep myself to myself.
Lol no, no lovebites. Kasme your always so horny.

Ohryt i'll check the link out later, sounds cool tho. Ohryt yeah i get you, but i still think it's plenty of time if you plan it right.
THE AVENGERS!
THOR ommmmm <3 and
Captain America <3
Iron Man <3
Gah hotties.
Reply 2612
Lol I mostly try to keep myself to myself.
Lol no, no lovebites. Kasme your always so horny.

Ohryt i'll check the link out later, sounds cool tho. Ohryt yeah i get you, but i still think it's plenty of time if you plan it right.

Looool well you can still add me to the exception list :biggrin: and I'm not REALLY :tongue: I just am very imaginative :smile: :smile: :smile:

Yeah, it's great :smile: You go all over Africa and stuff like that :tongue: A bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it (from what it looks like, gotta check reviews and stuff first obviously). Shame all my friends are broke and/or scared to death of Africa :tongue:
Reply 2613
THE AVENGERS!
THOR ommmmm <3 and
Captain America <3
Iron Man <3
Gah hotties.

Black Widow :drool:
Reply 2614
Original post by Revent
Nah, course I'm not innocent anymore :giggle:

:laugh: Surprisingly, I hate pictures :tongue: My room is actually really nice and simple :smile: I have a couple of movie posters at the moment which is about it.

I was just looking at some old child pictures now and reminiscing when times were so simple :moon: :laugh: That and I look like such an amazing kids :P

my room is proper girly lol...one wall is pink, the other is purple, and the rest are white...my mum and I painted them...and theres a purple cushioned carpet...and a lava lamp...and all the other usual things....best bit is the double bed :wink: sleep like a ****ing princess loooool....

ofc, i am responsible for cleaning it lol...

dont have any posters because they'd all be "inappropriate"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Revent
Black Widow :drool:

I'd do them all.
hey peeps, how was exams
Reply 2617
I'd do them all.

:laugh: Wow, you've become a lot more likeable if you can appreciate the sexy beast that we know as the black widow :drool:

Original post by Zeegie
my room is proper girly lol...one wall is pink, the other is purple, and the rest are white...my mum and I painted them...and theres a purple cushioned carpet...and a lava lamp...and all the other usual things....best bit is the double bed :wink: sleep like a ****ing princess loooool....

ofc, i am responsible for cleaning it lol...

dont have any posters because they'd all be "inappropriate"

Posted from TSR Mobile

:giggle: My one has a flowery wallpaper all over it with spotlights and a really nicely decorated ceiling :rofl:

Sadly, I only have a single bed and it is far too often I wake up in the morning without a pillow because it fell on the floor :colondollar:

:laugh: I'm only allowed posters where they aren't easily visible :mmm: :rofl:
Reply 2618
Original post by Revent
:laugh: Wow, you've become a lot more likeable if you can appreciate the sexy beast that we know as the black widow :drool:

:giggle: My one has a flowery wallpaper all over it with spotlights and a really nicely decorated ceiling :rofl:

Sadly, I only have a single bed and it is far too often I wake up in the morning without a pillow because it fell on the floor :colondollar:

hahahaha flowers...dreamy :wink:
lol my pillows always used to fall on the floor....there'd always be a toofan in my bed for some reason whilst i was asleep :biggrin:

maaaan listening to sweet disposition is not a good idea before bed hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Revent

Pls keep chat halal, I am too young for this kind of language in public.

Latest