The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Conditional Offer from Sheffield Hallam

Hello!

So I've got a Conditional of from Sheffield Hallam, but I'm not sure it's as simple as it seems :/ can someone clarify the below pretty pretty please:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

THE FEE FOR THIS COURSE FOR 2013/14 IS 9000 GBP. THIS FEE

ONLY APPLIES TO STUDENTS WITH HOME AND EU FEE STATUS.

Thanks in advance!!!
Fran

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FMHughes
Hello!

So I've got a Conditional of from Sheffield Hallam, but I'm not sure it's as simple as it seems :/ can someone clarify the below pretty pretty please:

THE FEE FOR THIS COURSE FOR 2013/14 IS 9000 GBP. THIS FEE

ONLY APPLIES TO STUDENTS WITH HOME AND EU FEE STATUS.

Thanks in advance!!!
Fran

Hi Fran,

Is this what it says in the offer field? Is there anything else?

if this is all there is in your offer then I'd suspect that they've accidentally forgotten to copy the terms of the offer into it so you should contact them.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by oxymoronic
Is this what it says in the offer field? Is there anything else?

This is literally all there was and the standard letter bit at the bottom :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are possibly trying to establish if you *are* a Home fee student - they have different quota figures for Home vs Overseas students - it isnt unknown for an offer to actually depend on what fee status you are because of this. Is your fee status in question because of residence etc?
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Is your fee status in question because of residence etc?

Yeah I thought that the conditions were very out of the ordinary. I don't know how my residence could be in question because I filled in all the details quite clearly stating that I live in Bournemouth and have done all my life..... I'm so confused!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Call the Uni first thing on Monday - it sounds like a simple data-entry mistake to me, and something that can be very quickly sorted out.
Reply 6
Will do! Thanks (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I got a similar offer from De Montfort: My offer was unconditional though but it the same thing as well
Reply 8
Original post by G.One
I got a similar offer from De Montfort

Have you spoken to them or just assumed it was all okay? I'm going to try calling again as admissions department at SHU doesn't have a voicemail facility.... Which is frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have an UNconditional offer.... then there won't be any conditions and the letter will be a little odd, and will be as you have received.

However, if your offer is conditional, then it's super odd and you need to contact them immediately as they've input the offer wrong.
Reply 10
It's got me proper worried now......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by FMHughes
It's got me proper worried now......

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an offer which states exactly the same thing, it doesn't mean anything there just telling you the fee for the course.

Edit: Just realised it had no grades on, oops. As the others have said just contact admissions and they'll sort it out, email them if you can't get through.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Knalchemist
If you have an UNconditional offer.... then there won't be any conditions and the letter will be a little odd, and will be as you have received.

However, if your offer is conditional, then it's super odd and you need to contact them immediately as they've input the offer wrong.

I have a Unconditional, and when i Click on a my course in Track, it says:

Decision
Unconditional

Conditions

The Home/EU rate of fee for this course will be 9000 pounds sterling in 2013
for most students

Its a bit strange.
Original post by G.One
I have a Unconditional, and when i Click on a my course in Track, it says:

Decision
Unconditional

Conditions

The Home/EU rate of fee for this course will be 9000 pounds sterling in 2013
for most students

Its a bit strange.

The letters from UCAS are templates.

It will say you have an unconditional offer.

The letter automatically states
"Conditions
This offer is subject to you obtaining"
This is because the majority of offers Uni's give out are conditional offers.

It is then just telling you what the fee's are for the course you've been offered a place on.
Reply 14
Original post by Knalchemist

It is then just telling you what the fee's are for the course you've been offered a place on.

I kind of got that, I'm awaiting a reply from the admissions to see if clears anything up. I'll post what the reply is. It just seems very misleading as 3 days prior to this reply they had automatically deemed me unsuccessful and then it was changed to this.... I have however been sent through an invite to an open day so it can't all be bad news.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it is a conditional offer, it just means that they forgot to input the conditions, so you need to PHONE them. Don't email them.
Reply 16
I've been trying to call all day, I get through to a woman's phone line for it to just tell me that she's away from here desk right now and that there is no voicemail facility.... I'll try again tomorrow
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
UPDATE:
I received an email response this morning and they made my conditions a lot clearer, it did seem as though that they had just missed out what grades I needed to achieve :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending