The Student Room Group

Clearing confusion

I ahve no idea if i should apply for clearing or fi im eligible ?, its one specific unit im waiting on and i need a certain grade from it to be able to go "merit". and i dont know if i should apply through clearing. the course "mechanicl engineering" is on the clearing roster for the university "Sheffield Hallam" but just unsure if i should do or not. apply that is.
Do you have a ucas application already with a firm choice offer?
Original post by PQ
Do you have a ucas application already with a firm choice offer?

Yes, i had submitted my UCAS well before the deadline its because of a certain grade i need that i may not get to be able to acheive DMM if i dont get it then its MMM so wasnt sure if i was eligable for it
Original post by CallumBradbury_
Yes, i had submitted my UCAS well before the deadline its because of a certain grade i need that i may not get to be able to acheive DMM if i dont get it then its MMM so wasnt sure if i was eligable for it

If a course is your firm choice then you wouldn't need to use clearing to apply for it.
Universities will get your grades from UCAS and will make a decision on applicants who have missed their conditions.
If they're unable to accept you with lower grades then you'll see that on UCAS Hub - if that's the case then there's no point applying back to them in Clearing. They won't accept lower grades from Clearing applicants that they'll accept from their firm applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending