The Student Room Group

AQA AS Computing unit 2 17th January 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I said something like: A bus is a set of wires used to connect and transfer data between independent components of a computer system

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a really nice paper but they had the odd annoying question that caught me out but I think I have a good chance of an A as I didn't think I lost 14+ marks but idk :smile: I loved that 8 mark question first one I didn't struggle on!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 82
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.
Reply 84
Original post by Treeroy
I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.

Awh, that's horrid, I can only imagine how that feels :frown:. I think it was only like 6 marks on back, so hopefully you can still get a good mark!
Reply 85
Original post by GuruKid95
Shut up mate, come say that to my face.

Do you have a mental disorder or something? I'm deadly serious you should get it checked out.
Reply 86
Original post by Aspire101
I said something like: A bus is a set of wires used to connect and transfer data between independent components of a computer system

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put a connection between devices inside a computer system were data travels through
Reply 87
Original post by GeoHall
I put a connection between devices inside a computer system were data travels through

I'd have thought that will get you the mark.

The quoted answer probably won't, because buses aren't wires.
Reply 88
Original post by Treeroy

Not sure, the definition on wikibooks says this :

A Bus is a connection between different devices. This connection will normally consist of multiple wires along which signals, instructions and data will be carried
Reply 89
Just made a new thread to discuss A2 computing if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2232173&p=41096448#post41096448
Reply 90
What did people put for the questions on the back?
For the 2 reasons music should not be downloaded for free I put:
-Artists would not receive any money for the work they produce
-It is unfair towards people who do pay for the same music

And for why non DRM music is good:
-They wont get in trouble as the music is not protected by law
-They can share it with other people
Reply 92
Original post by Treeroy

Yes they are. A bus is a set of parallel wires connecting two or more components of a computer system. (It's the golden lines on a motherboard those are the buses)
Reply 93
Original post by sl96
did anybody know the definition for packet switching and a bus?

packet switching: i put its when data is broken down into a number of "packets" which are then sent on the Internet or "physical layer".
Reply 94
Original post by GuruKid95
Who am i? Who are you :angry:?

lmfao just been reading all your comments how funny... we have ourself an Internet warrior here guys :rofl: bless ya
Reply 95
Original post by Nabbles
For that internet question I didn't have much as much as I would expect for a 4 mark question but I don't think there was much more I could have written. Also it loks like I guessed the 8 marker correctly :biggrin:. And finally I put down 2000 for the TB to 512MB, I understand that it is 2048 but hopefully I will still get the marks for it.

got that Tera byte one wrong :s-smilie: my mind just froze but maybe ill be lucky and get 1 mark/2 but ohh well! What was the law at the back? Was it Copyright,Design Patents Act?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by a10
Yes they are. A bus is a set of parallel wires connecting two or more components of a computer system. (It's the golden lines on a motherboard those are the buses)

Yeah, exactly, it's the lines on the components - but they aren't called wires, are they?
Reply 97
Original post by Treeroy
Yeah, exactly, it's the lines on the components - but they aren't called wires, are they?

yeah they are called wires hence in the definition "a set of parallel wires"

btw for the last page was the law Copyright,Design & Patents Act?
Reply 98
Original post by a10
yeah they are called wires hence in the definition "a set of parallel wires"

btw for the last page was the law Copyright,Design & Patents Act?

Yeah, it was.
Reply 99
Original post by Treeroy
Yeah, it was.

pheww thank god for that hahaha hope i do well in this i dont think i lost that many marks...i probably lost marks on the CSS stuff and the hard disk drive stuff :redface: hopefully will be still enough to secure an A grade if im extremely lucky haha! Good luck with your results :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending