The Student Room Group

A-Level you performed the worst in

Scroll to see replies

I got a B in AS General Studies. Lol.
General studies.

Then economics. What a load of **** that A level was. 'Here, learn the mark scheme by rote, and then these particular points I've written down for you to parrot in the exam'. Erm, no. I got an A, and I still know absolutely nothing about economics.
Reply 122
Spanish from what I remember.

Certainly seemed like the one I was worst at and I think was my lowest mark.

Not sure about the frustrating missing an A* thing from OP as they didn't exist when I did them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 123
Biology, got a D. The sciences are killer!
Original post by bexlovescandy
haha, don't trust my Physics judgement :smile: I'm just annoyed because in my exam I didn't recognise a question was on direct proportion that was four easy marks. :smile: You'll be great. It's one of those things that when you've figured it out, it makes sense.

Don't worry I know how it feels, its happened to me too! :redface:, you get put under a lot of pressure and stress in the exam that you tend to mess us on the easy questions! :frown:
Hmm yh I guess :smile: but the exams still full of surprise; with all those HSW stuff if you know what I mean. Wanna continue over inbox? :wink:, we're going slightly off topic here :tongue:
Reply 125
Chemistry and Biology
Original post by TimmonaPortella
General studies.

Then economics. What a load of **** that A level was. 'Here, learn the mark scheme by rote, and then these particular points I've written down for you to parrot in the exam'. Erm, no. I got an A, and I still know absolutely nothing about economics.

:eek: What board was you with for Eco?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
:eek: What board was you with for Eco?

edexcel.

I can't imagine it differs greatly between boards though...
edexcel.

I can't imagine it differs greatly between boards though...

I'm with Edexcel too... I thought Unit 1 was great :eyeball: (in content)
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm with Edexcel too... I thought Unit 1 was great :eyeball:

Then we are working on different definitions of 'good'.
Reply 130
English Literature. :cry2:
Then we are working on different definitions of 'good'.

To be fair, most (pretty much all) subjects can be learnt by rote, Maths, Sciences, Geography etc. that's the structure of A levels I'm afraid.
Reply 132
Business and Economics.

Unclassified. :cool:
To be fair, most (pretty much all) subjects can be learnt by rote, Maths, Sciences, Geography etc. that's the structure of A levels I'm afraid.

Sure, but in most subjects rote learning means something (not a lot, but something). In economics you're presented with one theory and not even told that there's disagreement. I find that completely empty and pointless.

At least, that's how I was taught. If you were taught differently, fair enough.
Economics :frown:
My worst grade was a C in Geography but it was because i did the wrong questions in the paper last june :s-smilie:. Was on a B and got a D in that paper :frown:. Resit went well though last monday so hopefully back up a grade soon :smile:
Maths which I got a D in lol, it was actually my highest grade at GCSEs (A) incidentally.
Media studies!! It's so hard, probably harder than something like physiks. :colondollar:
Original post by x I'm a Slug x
Media studies!! It's so hard, probably harder than something like physiks. :colondollar:

So true.

Quick Reply

Latest