The Student Room Group

GCSE History

Hey Guys,

So 2 years ago I decided to study GCSE History. I don't like it and I really do find it rather dull. When I don't like a subject I don't concentrate and I don't do well in it. Any ideas or tips to help me achieve my predicted grade of an A? Also I don't like my class and I'm not very active, I sit and the back and not talk.

I study Medicine Through Time and Nazi Germany
just make notes on everything, do a few exam papers for each topic and get used to the style required, re-read notes and repeat until the exam
Reply 2
Original post by callmemorbid
just make notes on everything, do a few exam papers for each topic and get used to the style required, re-read notes and repeat until the exam

I have done a lot of past paper questions. I mostly get 7/8 or 8/8 however I find them incredibly dull and very boring. Is there any more exciting ways to revise and to get more interested in the subject?

Thank you for your help
Original post by HadjerBoum
I have done a lot of past paper questions. I mostly get 7/8 or 8/8 however I find them incredibly dull and very boring. Is there any more exciting ways to revise and to get more interested in the subject?

Thank you for your help

i dont think so thats the thing with history revising it is so boring
Original post by HadjerBoum
Hey Guys,

So 2 years ago I decided to study GCSE History. I don't like it and I really do find it rather dull. When I don't like a subject I don't concentrate and I don't do well in it. Any ideas or tips to help me achieve my predicted grade of an A? Also I don't like my class and I'm not very active, I sit and the back and not talk.

I study Medicine Through Time and Nazi Germany

Like the above poster said past papers and getting the technique perfect is the key to doing well in history.

As for enjoying it more... that's harder. Different things interest different people, I for example am really interested in Napoleonic history, but learning about the origins of Soviet Russia was really dull. It's difficult to make it more interesting, you could try watching documentaries which may inspire you about those topics - medical history could be really interesting for this.

Other than that sorry, I have no idea how to make it more interesting :/
Reply 5
Original post by Muppet Science
Like the above poster said past papers and getting the technique perfect is the key to doing well in history.

As for enjoying it more... that's harder. Different things interest different people, I for example am really interested in Napoleonic history, but learning about the origins of Soviet Russia was really dull. It's difficult to make it more interesting, you could try watching documentaries which may inspire you about those topics - medical history could be really interesting for this.

Other than that sorry, I have no idea how to make it more interesting :/

Thanks Anyway. I'll just suffer with boredom for the next few months until by exam is over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending