The Student Room Group

Re-marking

Hi everyone!

In Edexcel AS Unit 1 Biology, I got 61/80, two marks off an A.

I really want an A* overall in A-level, so, can I still do this if I get two marks above the A grade boundary in Unit 2 to get an A overall at AS?

Or should I ask for it to be remarked? Is it likely that it will go up by two marks?

Thanks
It is more likely to go up a grade than down as you are close to the upper grade boundary. Request a copy of your script back before you commit to a remark though - this will give you an idea of whether they've messed up the marking or you messed up the questions :P
You can theoretically get an A* with a B (and maybe a C? Can't be bothered to do the maths right now...), so getting a (low) A is still ok. However, you may want to resit them this summer/ next year to give you some slight flexibility in your A2 marks as A2s are harder that the ASs.
Original post by dragonkeeper999
It is more likely to go up a grade than down as you are close to the upper grade boundary. Request a copy of your script back before you commit to a remark though - this will give you an idea of whether they've messed up the marking or you messed up the questions :P
You can theoretically get an A* with a B (and maybe a C? Can't be bothered to do the maths right now...), so getting a (low) A is still ok. However, you may want to resit them this summer/ next year to give you some slight flexibility in your A2 marks as A2s are harder that the ASs.

Thanks very much, will see my paper first - Do you know how long it takes to get a copy of the paper and if I do decide on a re-mark, do you know how long that takes?
Original post by billyfisher100
Thanks very much, will see my paper first - Do you know how long it takes to get a copy of the paper and if I do decide on a re-mark, do you know how long that takes?

I sent off for my copy of a paper this morning, apparently they will arrive by the 1st April. The deadline for applying for a remark is the 12th April, I think (double check though...). I would have thought that your remark score would come with your summer results, not too sure though...

Quick Reply

Latest