The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Halls Accommodation for 2013

Hi all, sorry to start yet another thread about accommodation but I can't seem to find the right answers anywhere! I'm a prospective student, and have had an interview for Diagnostic Radiography (waiting to hear back) and just wanted to look at accommodation prior to applying.

I think I want to be in halls of residence but have no idea which one to choose! I'm on the main canterbury campus, but after a bad experience when I was previously in halls I really want to be around social and friendly people. I know this depends on who happens to apply, but does anyone have any recommendations of great halls to apply for? I don't mind they're know for being 'party halls', I just can't stand things being incredibly quiet! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
I'm having the same issue looking for accomodation (also posted a thread about it) .. i know that i want to be similar, not in a quiet area, with very friendly people and involved in the party scene for sure! I have some options .. Lanfranc House, Parham Hill student village (maybe my favourite so far) and Liberty Quays.

What are you thinking so far?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Geeky
I'm having the same issue looking for accomodation (also posted a thread about it) .. i know that i want to be similar, not in a quiet area, with very friendly people and involved in the party scene for sure! I have some options .. Lanfranc House, Parham Hill student village (maybe my favourite so far) and Liberty Quays.

What are you thinking so far?

I was thinking of the same actually!! :smile:
Reply 3
ah cool!

I think i have decided on parham hill student village, what room you going for? My friend lives there now in the standard small 1 bed with ensuite. I was going to go for that but she said that if you get the double bed the buildings are a bit newer and nicer, so i think for the extra 6quid im going for the double bed, be easier when friends/boyfriend stay over too!!

What you thinking?
Reply 4
Original post by whatareyoulookingat
Hi all, sorry to start yet another thread about accommodation but I can't seem to find the right answers anywhere! I'm a prospective student, and have had an interview for Diagnostic Radiography (waiting to hear back) and just wanted to look at accommodation prior to applying.

I think I want to be in halls of residence but have no idea which one to choose! I'm on the main canterbury campus, but after a bad experience when I was previously in halls I really want to be around social and friendly people. I know this depends on who happens to apply, but does anyone have any recommendations of great halls to apply for? I don't mind they're know for being 'party halls', I just can't stand things being incredibly quiet! Thank you! :smile:

Have you got an offer from CCCU? if so, what accomadation are thinking of? I've also applied for diagnostic radiography!
Reply 5
I have a place already as done a gap year, studying Primary Education :smile: and accommodation, i'm going for Lanfranc, been up and down so much on what to go for but being close to uni is important for me, and town ofc, so Lanfranc :smile: wbu?
Reply 6
Hi guys!

I accepted a conditional offer from CCC for diagnostic radiography too yay :smile:. I have a friend who goes to CCC and he says lanfranc is pretty good so I think I'm going to be applying there (have you seen the price lists though?? It's a bit expensive when you add up for the whole year :frown:)
http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/StudyHere/Documents/AccommodationFees2013-2014.pdf

I tried to sign into the accomodation page but it keeps saying "ePortal application error Sorry, there has been an error. We have been notified about this issue. Please try again later."
Which is annoying T_T.

Also I'm only just now doing my student finance (I know completely off topic but I saw you guys are going this year so I thought I might as well ask) have any of you completed it?.
I'm on one last question
"Do you have to attend a place in the UK away from your main college as part of your medical or dental clinical training in this academic year or do you have to go abroad for the majority of any term as part of your course?"

Should I say yes or no? I wanted to put down yes because obviously we have placements but I was unsure whether by medical they mean actual medicine or what...

Reply 7
I think i would put no for it, probably if like moving uni or going abroad? But unsure

I put Lanfranc and trust me im in the same boat, totally worrying about finance as parents not helping huge amount but i will work it out when it comes to it, but lanfrnac just looks super nice
Reply 8
Original post by Queenlelani
Hi guys!

I accepted a conditional offer from CCC for diagnostic radiography too yay :smile:. I have a friend who goes to CCC and he says lanfranc is pretty good so I think I'm going to be applying there (have you seen the price lists though?? It's a bit expensive when you add up for the whole year :frown:)
http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/StudyHere/Documents/AccommodationFees2013-2014.pdf

I tried to sign into the accomodation page but it keeps saying "ePortal application error Sorry, there has been an error. We have been notified about this issue. Please try again later."
Which is annoying T_T.

Also I'm only just now doing my student finance (I know completely off topic but I saw you guys are going this year so I thought I might as well ask) have any of you completed it?.
I'm on one last question
"Do you have to attend a place in the UK away from your main college as part of your medical or dental clinical training in this academic year or do you have to go abroad for the majority of any term as part of your course?"

Should I say yes or no? I wanted to put down yes because obviously we have placements but I was unsure whether by medical they mean actual medicine or what...

I have accepted CCC diagnostic radiography too! I have applied for my accommodation and the only options I got were St. Georges, Parham or Pin Hill.. we cant have the other ones as our course is too long for the residency of the other sites - otherwise I would've gone lanfranc! I have put St.George as although expensive, it is brand new and part of the student union so will be where everything is happening!

I think for the student finance I put yes for that too as we do have 'clinical training' .. I did it a while ago so not exactly sure though!
Reply 9
Original post by crispie
I have accepted CCC diagnostic radiography too! I have applied for my accommodation and the only options I got were St. Georges, Parham or Pin Hill.. we cant have the other ones as our course is too long for the residency of the other sites - otherwise I would've gone lanfranc! I have put St.George as although expensive, it is brand new and part of the student union so will be where everything is happening!

I think for the student finance I put yes for that too as we do have 'clinical training' .. I did it a while ago so not exactly sure though!

(O.o) But I put Lanfranc as my first choice?? Did I put the wrong degree down? I put BA/BSC for the licence (>.<) Why always me?
Reply 10
Original post by Queenlelani
(O.o) But I put Lanfranc as my first choice?? Did I put the wrong degree down? I put BA/BSC for the licence (>.<) Why always me?

I thought we were BA/BSC Health or Social Work licence?

Because we have a longer course at 42 weeks?
I dont know! I thought I was right. . but now not sure! I might email them to check!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending