The Student Room Group

Which ONE exam should I repeat?

Hey guys, just got my results there on thursday. I'm generally pleased.

C1(resit)- 80 A
C2(resit)- 85 A
C3- 86 A

I also have:
M1- 80 A from Summer last year.

At the moment, I need to average 75 between C4 and S1 to get an A overall. I wish to lower this requirement by repeating a module. Which one out of those do you think would be the smartest to repeat?

With C1, I feel I'd have to be 100% focused on the day as the scaling normally leaves you needing low to mid 60's out of 75 for 80 UMS.

C2 could go well however 85 seems a good mark.

C3- I will probably stick with this mark as it was a pleasant surprise!

M1- Could repeat this, how does the scaling usually be for M1?

Thanks

-Daniel
Reply 1
Original post by xDanny 117
Hey guys, just got my results there on thursday. I'm generally pleased.

C1(resit)- 80 A
C2(resit)- 85 A
C3- 86 A

I also have:
M1- 80 A from Summer last year.

At the moment, I need to average 75 between C4 and S1 to get an A overall. I wish to lower this requirement by repeating a module. Which one out of those do you think would be the smartest to repeat?

With C1, I feel I'd have to be 100% focused on the day as the scaling normally leaves you needing low to mid 60's out of 75 for 80 UMS.

C2 could go well however 85 seems a good mark.

C3- I will probably stick with this mark as it was a pleasant surprise!

M1- Could repeat this, how does the scaling usually be for M1?

Thanks

-Daniel

Surely it is easier to get 150 in S1 and C4 than it is to get close to 90 in the ones that you ave already done
Having to revise for a resit which you wont be taught for could easily mean you lose out marks on your first time exams as you won't be able to revise for them as much. Although this is less likely to happen with subjects where things follow on from each other, such as the sciences.

Yu might be better off saving time and money and focusing on c4 and s1. S1 is a doddle, especially as it's technically an AS module, which you're doing in A2. Also do any of your other subjects include stats at all? Mine did which made it all a bit easier for all of the subjects!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
C1 or M1 since there's more to gain.
Which one you choose is up to you though, depends on what you find easier.
Why are you asking us?
Reply 5
Based on your existing marks, if you were to resit C1 or M1 then a realistic estimate of your mark would be around 85. This would mean that you could afford to drop 5 ums in C4/S1. As others have said, think about whether the extra work is worth it for this.
Reply 6
Try a C1 paper sometime (after doing no work for it) and see how you do, if you feel like this is an acceptable mark, why not resit it? Just don't let resits take up too much time :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by electriic_ink
Why are you asking us?

Because I'm just a bit overwhelmed with it all and wanted a second opinion on the matter!

Thanks for the advice guys, looks like I'm gonna have to sleep on this one, but I will probably resit C1 again as one more shot wouldn't hurt and it's not like I have to revise much for it. Whereas M1 would probably sidetrack my revision for S1 and C4 severely!

:smile:

-Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest