The Student Room Group

retaking 2nd year

Hi guys,

So I needed to guidance/advice as to what the next best thing is. I am currently in my second year at uni and ive just got my results. I have 3 EC's claims for 3 of my essays that i couldnt do due to a medical condition.
This also affected my summer exams and I didnt do so well on them, I didnt apply EC for my summer exam cuz i thought it would be fine.

So in total I have 120 credits for 2nd year I have 60 credits (3 modules) that I did not do and applied EC for which was accepted. 20 credits for my summer exam I failed so thats one module and the rest 2 modules (40 credits) I passed.

The Uni said due to have over 60 credits to redo I cant take them in august I have to repeat my second year and do the 80 credits there, they said it will uncapped due to the EC and I will not pay for it either.

I asked and pleaded the uni that I wanted to do them in august cuz I did not want to repeat my year but they are not giving me a proper reply instead are saying I cant do 80 credits in one month. I feel like I can and I know I can however the uni are not accepting it.

Should I appeal it and do you think its worth appealing, the resit assessments start from next week so ill be missing out on that time too as I will need to hear back from the board.

do you think best thing is to repeat the year or should I fight to do the 80 credits and is there a way to convince them.
Honestly, you’ve just got to accept that this is the unis policy.

Uncapped retakes for free is the best possible outcome. Don’t sniff at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending