The Student Room Group

A Level students,how many exam do you have in June?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
9 - chem1, chem2, phys1, phys2, Decision maths, core 2, mechanics 1, Decison maths 2, Further pure 1
Reply 381
Original post by V95
I have:
C1 (retake)
Biol1 (retake)
Geog2 (retake)
C2
Geog3
Chem4 (retake)
Biol5
Chem5

so i have 8 - i'm contemplating whether or not to take C1 and Geog2, so if i don't then i'll have 6 - i'm only retaking biol1 and Geog2 to increase my chance of getting an A* overall

But surely biol1 and geog2 don't contribute to the a*. I might be wrong as i don't do those subjects but only A2 modules contribute to the A* overall.
9/10 EXAMS !!

3 chemistry exams
2 biology exams
2 sociology exams
2/3 psychology exams

:rolleyes: I got a depression on Thursday, thinking about all this exams I need to fully revise and study, can't afford not to get A's in them. Didn't show up to classes on the following Friday and this Monday.

Thursday, got home and ate a whole bucket of ice cream. Yes, on my own.

The hardest exams are in psychology, got the shittiest teachers ever, and sociology, I've not done it for 2 years, should have resat it last year.
Original post by CR95
But surely biol1 and geog2 don't contribute to the a*. I might be wrong as i don't do those subjects but only A2 modules contribute to the A* overall.

Yes, correct, your AS grades DO NOT contribute to an A*
Original post by muf_mur
AS student,11 exams
still not ready....screwed!

I haven't fully gotten into my revision mode, and I'm an A2 student with 10 exams, where I need to be aiming and predicted A's and A*'s.

:rolleyes: Its not too late if you START NOW. So don't even think about waiting until next month, and there's not enough weeks in a month (4/5).

Get started, my friend.
Original post by PardonMyFrench96

You beat me man. :rolleyes:
QUESTION TO YOU GUYS!!

:biggrin: For an A* your AS grades don't affect it.
But what about your A2 grades, lets say you got a C in AS, if you get A in your A2 exams, will you still get an A or will your AS grade of C bring it down?
Original post by PureDevotion
QUESTION TO YOU GUYS!!

But what about your A2 grades, lets say you got a C in AS, if you get A in your A2 exams, will you still get an A or will your AS grade of C bring it down?

Depends on the UMS:biggrin:
You beat me man. :rolleyes:

I'm at AS though. OMG GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS. I neeeeeed to start revising NOW.
Original post by und
Indeed. :yes:

So awesome...
QUESTION TO YOU GUYS!!

Yes of course it will. The C still counts as UMS. Which adds up along with your A2 grade to give you an overall UMS grade for your final grade.

For example, A level maths is out of 600 UMS. AS counts for 300 UMS and A2 does also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart1995
Yes of course it will. The C still counts as UMS. Which adds up along with your A2 grade to give you an overall UMS grade for your final grade.

For example, A level maths is out of 600 UMS. AS counts for 300 UMS and A2 does also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theoretically if he got over 90 UMS in C3, C4, M1 then he could get an A... But that is unlikely......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yay, I get to have one more psychology exam, unless I aim at an A* with my 2 new resists.

An A* in A2 exams will still give me an A* overall despite the C in AS grade right?
Original post by PardonMyFrench96
I'm at AS though. OMG GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS. I neeeeeed to start revising NOW.

Yup, GOOD LUCK TO YOUUU TOO!!
Although, I need more luck :wink:

Between, next year in your A2 year, is it true that you guys won't have jan & june exams, but instead one hard exam at the end of the year?
:colondollar:
Original post by cheetahs56
Theoretically if he got over 90 UMS in C3, C4, M1 then he could get an A... But that is unlikely......

Well he would still have to do decent in other tests to get over 480 UMS to get the A grade. 90 in C3 C4 M1 is only 270 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
8 exams! Some of my friends have have over 10.
Well he would still have to do decent in other tests to get over 480 UMS to get the A grade. 90 in C3 C4 M1 is only 270 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true, what I meant was basically close to 100 UMS in each.....:tongue:
Chem 2
Fp1
M1
S1
C2
Physics 1
Physics 2
History 1
History 2
So 9 :frown: