The Student Room Group

CIRCUMCISION Please Don't Do It!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Psyk
Well I'll try not to go into too much detail, but essentially the skin moves across the shaft, so there is no friction against the skin. It just moves with your hand.

Ah, I see :yy:

The only crappy thing about getting circumcised is the scarring. I don't think my "surgeon" did mine properly as I had a skin tag on my foreskin line. Nothing gets a girl more wet than having to explain to her that that's a skin tag not herpes......so glad I got it removed.

Other than that I have no problem with circumcision tbh.
Original post by bluewater69

You should try with lube. So much better.

I have. Both ways are nice in their different ways.
Reply 62
Original post by 2ndClass

The only crappy thing about getting circumcised is the scarring. I don't think my "surgeon" did mine properly as I had a skin tag on my foreskin line. Nothing gets a girl more wet than having to explain to her that that's a skin tag not herpes......so glad I got it removed.

Via NHS? I'm just starting with Mederma with my scar, hopefully take less than 6 months.
no foreskin looks cleaner and nicer lmao. glad i dont ave one
Reply 64

Do you not think it's kind of wrong to force it on people though? I mean if an adult decides to get it done, it's not a big deal at all. Or if it's an appropriate medical treatment for something. But to me it seems wrong to cut perfectly healthy and functional bits off babies.
Reply 65
Original post by bluewater69
Via NHS? I'm just starting with Mederma with my scar, hopefully take less than 6 months.

No I had mine surgically removed (that was fun). But thanks for the Mederma heads up.

Original post by Psyk
Do you not think it's kind of wrong to force it on people though? I mean if an adult decides to get it done, it's not a big deal at all. Or if it's an appropriate medical treatment for something. But to me it seems wrong to cut perfectly healthy and functional bits off babies.

I see the logic in your argument but then again, if my procedure had turned out fine, my reply would've been a bit more biased. Conversely however, I'm sure you've heard about the research correlating circumcision with the prevention of HIV or at least a reduced risk of its infection. Do you think it's right to institute mandatory circumcision of children in HIV prone countries if it means it would reduce the possibility of infections?
Reply 66

I see the logic in your argument but then again, if my procedure had turned out fine, my reply would've been a bit more biased. Conversely however, I'm sure you've heard about the research correlating circumcision with the prevention of HIV or at least a reduced risk of its infection. Do you think it's right to institute mandatory circumcision of children in HIV prone countries if it means it would reduce the possibility of infections?

Perhaps there's a case in some countries. Not this one.

In most countries, it would be completely unjustified because access to and education on proper protection completely nullifies the benefits of circumcision. It also doesn't apply to children since they generally don't have sex, so it could wait until they are older and can choose for themselves.
The other day the girls in my english literature class were all discussing it and it seemed there was a consensus that it looks / feels much better and being un curcumsised would be dodgy :confused:. I was just sitting there pretending to read hahaha.
Reply 68
Original post by Psyk
Perhaps there's a case in some countries. Not this one.

In most countries, it would be completely unjustified because access to and education on proper protection completely nullifies the benefits of circumcision. It also doesn't apply to children since they generally don't have sex, so it could wait until they are older and can choose for themselves.

Well if people here don't bother to put on a condom before having sex (hence the soaring rates of STDs and new strands of incurable gonorrhoea) I don't think many of those people would choose to get the foreskin sliced first before getting their dick wet...... I'm not taking any sides on the position. I guess it boils down to whether an individual values a right to liberty or a right to life. Both hard things to justify against the other.

Eitherway I really need to finish my essay on the "Causes and Consequences of the Liberian Civil War". We're here talking about foreskin while this **** is happening across the world.
For anyone's who's interested btw I highly recommend you watch this.

peace out ya'll
Reply 69
I guess it boils down to whether an individual values a right to liberty or a right to life. Both hard things to justify against the other.

You make it sound like being uncircumcised is a death sentence. I don't think it's between those two things at all. It's a conflict between the parental right to alter your child's body and the right to liberty over your own body.

In a country where condoms are freely available, we have sex education (not the best, but it's there) and it's easy enough for an adult to get a circumcision if they want it, I don't see how routine infant circumcision is going to have a significant affect on HIV rates. Money spent on doing that would be far better invested in better sexual health education.

But I'll admit the case is different in countries where they have high HIV rates and very little access to education and condoms.
Reply 70
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
The other day the girls in my english literature class were all discussing it and it seemed there was a consensus that it looks / feels much better and being un curcumsised would be dodgy :confused:. I was just sitting there pretending to read hahaha.

Was this in the UK?! Dodgy as in out of the ordinary? Because we generally don't do that to our babies/children here, fortunately. Those girls sound classy.
Original post by ninth2
Was this in the UK?! Dodgy as in out of the ordinary? Because we generally don't do that to our babies/children here, fortunately. Those girls sound classy.

Yup , in the UK . These were the fittest girls in the class aswell . I felt so insecure and inadequate at the time:colondollar:

why fortunately ? Doesn't it have more benefits then negatives ? Less chance of infection , better aesthetic , more hygienic

Though the loss in sensitivity would be a worrying though...
Reply 72
Original post by ninth2

HA! And very stupid, but hey as long as it looks better eh? :tongue:

Natural is so dodgy isn't it? :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by KGW
I had it done when i was born and i don't have any problems (maybe i'm just used to it, i dont know)

But everything works fine in my department

Same here.

Btw: circumcision is not just 'circumcision'. There are different ways to do it, and it can be done in a more or in a less extreme way. So maybe OPs circumcision was just done in a botched way, or they hacked off way too much. I don't know.
Reply 74
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Yup , in the UK . These were the fittest girls in the class aswell . I felt so insecure and inadequate at the time:colondollar:

why fortunately ? Doesn't it have more benefits then negatives ? Less chance of infection , better aesthetic , more hygienic

Though the loss in sensitivity would be a worrying though...

Really? They sound like dogs...
I think it should be a personal choice - personal as in made by the person it effects. I prefer intact penises, visually and physically. Infection? Hygiene? A circumcision won't help you there, ultimately. If you sleep with anyone and everyone and never wash, less skin won't change how much of a munter you are.

Parents who force it needlessly on their children make me want to vomit, but silly immature schoolgirls are just irrelevant.
A circumcised penis isn't actually more hygienic, that's just a myth. The only reason people think that infections can occur in the foreskin is that mothers try to clean underneath the foreskin of babies even though the foreskin of a baby is actually fused to the glans. Because they've forced the foreskin, this can cause infection. The foreskin separates as part of their development before puberty, so circumcision isn't needed in babies, it's just that mothers need to be educated. There are some painful conditions in which an adult male might need circumcision though. (Very rare, and other treatments would be tried first)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Am I the only one wondering as to why everyone is getting so emotional over their foreskins?
Original post by jreid1994
Male and female circumcision was intended to stop males and females from masturbating, seriously, if that was me I would be severely hacked off. http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/male-circumcision-originally-created-to-prevent-masturbation/ in males it's the foreskin that is cut off and in females the vast majority of the times its the clitoral hood, both were originally intended to be removed to make masturbation difficult to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by beccagood95
A circumcised penis isn't actually more hygienic, that's just a myth.

You've clearly no idea, it doesn't take much googling to see the results of some infections that can only happen with foreskin. Secondly, you ever heard of smegma? Circumcised guys don't get it, which is good.

I disagree with circumcision for any reason other than medical ones
Reply 79
Original post by beccagood95
A circumcised penis isn't actually more hygienic, that's just a myth. The only reason people think that infections can occur in the foreskin is that mothers try to clean underneath the foreskin of babies even though the foreskin of a baby is actually fused to the glands. Because they've forced the foreskin, this can cause infection. The foreskin separates as part of their development before puberty, so circumcision isn't needed in babies, it's just that mothers need to be educated. There are some painful conditions in which an adult male might need circumcision though. (Very rare, and other treatments would be tried first)

Thank you for posting that, refreshing to see a girl with some knowledge about it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest