The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE 2013 Firmers

Just wondering who's firmed UWE for September this year. Like what you're studying, if you've had a gap year etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I was intending to firm them, until I got a letter two days ago saying they'd cancelled my course (history and politics) they offered me alternatives (History, politics and international relations, a few others) But I'm really uncertain now. Bit of a toss up between UWE and Plymouth which was initially going to be my insurance.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
:wink: oh hai Ese
Original post by Esempy
Just wondering who's firmed UWE for September this year. Like what you're studying, if you've had a gap year etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I have firmed UWE for September for Primary Early Years Education! I'm not taking a gap year and am starting straight after I finish A-levels :smile: I think I am going to stay in Carroll Court on Frenchay campus as this is where my course is based, does anyone know when we can apply for accommodation? What course are you doing? What accommodation are you thinking of staying in? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lauren_Tomkins
Hi! I have firmed UWE for September for Primary Early Years Education! I'm not taking a gap year and am starting straight after I finish A-levels :smile: I think I am going to stay in Carroll Court on Frenchay campus as this is where my course is based, does anyone know when we can apply for accommodation? What course are you doing? What accommodation are you thinking of staying in? :smile:

Accommodation opens for applications at the "end of march" so I'd just going to keep logging in to the UWE page and checking the inbox there for an update from them
I'm doing animation and hoping to stay at Marketgate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hello,
I firmed Accounting and Finance upon completing an access course.
Going for Carroll Court for the accommodation, can't wait..
Reply 6
Firmed to do computing at Frenchay but still not sure whether to go for Marketgate or Frenchay accommodation, I get the feeling Frenchay will be really strict and about as fun as a wet towel haha
Reply 7
Hi! Ive firmed to do mental health nursing. I'm so excited!
Reply 8
Original post by Leeee
Firmed to do computing at Frenchay but still not sure whether to go for Marketgate or Frenchay accommodation, I get the feeling Frenchay will be really strict and about as fun as a wet towel haha

If you go to Marketgate you'll be about an hour away from your lectures in Frenchay, But if you do you'll have to put up with like 80% art/creative students :P
Reply 9
Original post by H@nnah.
If you go to Marketgate you'll be about an hour away from your lectures in Frenchay, But if you do you'll have to put up with like 80% art/creative students :P

Are you sure??!!? I live near Frenchay Campus now and it takes me 30 minutes on the bus! Guess I depends what bus you take! There is a wessex red bus that goes straight down the m32 from Frenchay and drops you right near market gate!
Reply 10
Original post by Mazza1985
Are you sure??!!? I live near Frenchay Campus now and it takes me 30 minutes on the bus! Guess I depends what bus you take! There is a wessex red bus that goes straight down the m32 from Frenchay and drops you right near market gate!

Oh okay, im just going by what google maps says on peak times, suppose it would take up to 45 mins in traffic maybe more, its still a bit of a jounrey if your wrecked and cant find a seat, cause im guessing them buses are packed out.
Reply 11
Original post by H@nnah.

An Hour! It's only like 4 miles up the road, I just like the idea of being able to walk out the front door and be in the city centre, especially for nights out (: Anybody know what time the Red UWE buses run from Frenchay to centre up untill?
Made a firm acceptance of Enterprise Computing (Hewlett Packard) and hoping to get a room in the Marketgate digs.

The only minor reservation I have about living in the centre, as Wessex Red seem to run a very competent service for UWE students, is not being able to take full advantage of the university gym facilities at Frenchay.
Original post by Leeee
An Hour! It's only like 4 miles up the road, I just like the idea of being able to walk out the front door and be in the city centre, especially for nights out (: Anybody know what time the Red UWE buses run from Frenchay to centre up untill?

The very last bus is 10pm (19) and around 8pm on other services.
http://www.wessexred.co.uk/#/timetables/4547398336
Reply 14
Got an offer on my interview so gonna confirm when it comes through! I'm drawing and applied arts, is anyone else?! I'm hoping to be at marketgate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by H@nnah.
Oh okay, im just going by what google maps says on peak times, suppose it would take up to 45 mins in traffic maybe more, its still a bit of a jounrey if your wrecked and cant find a seat, cause im guessing them buses are packed out.

No way, I work near marketgate (Brunswick square) and it takes me 25 minutes, 35 on the worst day. Yeah the wessex red buses are busy but then so are the first ones that time of day and at least with wessex red I THINK you get a free pass if you live at marketgate?
Reply 16
Original post by Mazza1985
No way, I work near marketgate (Brunswick square) and it takes me 25 minutes, 35 on the worst day. Yeah the wessex red buses are busy but then so are the first ones that time of day and at least with wessex red I THINK you get a free pass if you live at marketgate?

Yea, we astablished that i was wrong already, thats just what google maps told me when i was looking for directions..and yea you get free buspass travel, i actually know that for sure.
I firmed yesterday my UWE-offer, going to do Interior Architecture. :smile: I´m still thinking if I will live in carrol court or student village, tough choice :biggrin: the en-suite is tempting but carrol court is cheaper and it seems cozier than student village.
But I come from Finland and had a gap year after school so I´m 20 when the course starts. :smile:
I firmed Law as my choice for September. Worried about reaching the grades though, primarily because of A-level History :frown:

Hopefully I'll get carroll court, but every single person seems to want to go there and there's only 2000 or so spots D:
Reply 19
I firmed Biological Sciences :smile: Definitely want to live in Student Village!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending