The Student Room Group

Year out

Hi all
Got into UWE for physiotherapy with grades ABC=120 but want to take a year out to continue my sports passion love this uni but don't know if they would offer me a place next year with 120 instead of 128
would anyone have any experience with this dilemma.
Reply 1
Ask if they'll defer - then you'll have a year out and a guaranteed place at UWE lined up for next year.
Reply 2
Original post by fedora34
Ask if they'll defer - then you'll have a year out and a guaranteed place at UWE lined up for next year.

Have waiting on reply but think they only give it for medical or care issues
Reply 3
Original post by Mumof student
Have waiting on reply but think they only give it for medical or care issues

I think if you completely reject the offer this year, they'll be very unlikely to offer you a place for next year - you'll have a track record of pulling out at the last minute, which messes up their administration and finances, so they won't see you as a reliable candidate.

Wait for the deferral request - I don't see why it wouldn't be approved, lots of universities do this every year for a whole variety of reasons. But if it isn't approved, then you'll obviously have to make a decision about whether to go to UWE or take the gap year and reapply to some other unis. If there are other places that you like the look of, and whose offer requirements you can meet with your grades, then that's great. But if UWE is the only one you're set on going to, probably best to take the offer now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending