The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
How is that messed up thinking? Could you please explain?

It's so easy if you're a girl and have lots of male attention. I get nothing.

I would even go as far as saying that my existence and self-worth is only validated if I get male attention.

Easy? Are you ****ing kidding me.
It is a bloody nightmare.

Sexual assault and harassment, my favourite, just what I need to validate myself as a person. NOT.

Well that is a problem with your mentality and has nothing to do with your looks. No wonder no guys like you if you have that little self worth.
Original post by Maid Marian
Because if a boy doesn't look at you, you'll never get a boyfriend, you'll be a virgin forever, you'll never reproduce, you'll be lonely and bitter and jealous for your whole life.
That to me is a pretty worthless existence.

Or you could just get on and live your life and have an amazing life and do amazing things...
Original post by CJKay
Very few people are as unhappy and perceive life as darkly as you do. I think this has been demonstrated by your countless number of red gems and reputation across the forum.

Really? I'm quite surprised by that remark you've made.

Original post by redferry
Easy? Are you ****ing kidding me.
It is a bloody nightmare.

Sexual assault and harassment, my favourite, just what I need to validate myself as a person. NOT.

Well that is a problem with your mentality and has nothing to do with your looks. No wonder no guys like you if you have that little self worth.

Then you're not meeting the right people if you're experiencing sexual assault/harassment. The problem is not your beauty, it's little ****s who think they can do whatever they want to a woman.

Then you're not meeting the right people if you're experiencing sexual assault/harassment. The problem is not your beauty, it's little ****s who think they can do whatever they want to a woman.

I don't meet them generally they just grope me/shout at me and there is very little I can do other than radically changing my lifestyle (never going to clubs/wearing some sort of burkah/constantly making myself look horrific) to avoid it
Reply 104
Really? I'm quite surprised by that remark you've made.

You have the highest number of red gems of any member across the whole forum and you're not even trolling - that is an exceptionally large opinion:neg ratio. Have you not ever thought that perhaps you should see a counsellor or something? It's like you blame all your problems on your appearance, including things completely unrelated, and that certainly ain't healthy.
I don't meet them generally they just grope me/shout at me and there is very little I can do other than radically changing my lifestyle (never going to clubs/wearing some sort of burkah/constantly making myself look horrific) to avoid it

Get your boyfriend to batter those ****s up.
Original post by CJKay
You have the highest number of red gems of any member across the whole forum and you're not even trolling - that is an exceptionally large opinion:neg ratio. Have you not ever thought that perhaps you should see a counsellor or something? It's like you blame all your problems on your appearance, including things completely unrelated, and that certainly ain't healthy.

On things completely unrelated? Like what?

What can a counselor really do? Nothing. They're useless.
Get your boyfriend to batter those ****s up.

That would probably result with my bf getting beaten up himself or in jail.... Not really desired.
That would probably result with my bf getting beaten up himself or in jail.... Not really desired.

It shouldn't be this way. Your boyfriend shouldn't be the one going to prison, it should be the men who treat you that way.
That's how I feel genuinely. It just makes me question my whole existence.

You judge the extent and quality of your existence by the propinquity of boy's attention? Seriously buy a pet, find a hobby, pick up a Chemistry set and be useful; be attracted to ideas. Do something else with your time.

Also I agree with CJKay (for once :P) seeing a counselor could really help with your self worth issues. They aren't at all useless and I would say if anything from your posts it is likely you are suffering from some sort of personality disorder, which a counselor can help with. They aren't useless at all, they help people through some really tough issues.

You have nothing to lose so you may as well give it a go, the worst thing that is going to happen is you get to rant at how unfair the world is to someone without them arguing back
It shouldn't be this way. Your boyfriend shouldn't be the one going to prison, it should be the men who treat you that way.

Yeah I know that but I don't think beating them up is the best way to change attitudes in all honesty. I will stick to police reporting and talking to the civilly.
Original post by Id and Ego seek
You judge the extent and quality of your existence by the propinquity of boy's attention? Seriously buy a pet, find a hobby, pick up a Chemistry set and be useful; be attracted to ideas. Do something else with your time.

I am attracted to ideas, but I am also attracted to men.

Also I agree with CJKay (for once :P) seeing a counselor could really help with your self worth issues. They aren't at all useless and I would say if anything from your posts it is likely you are suffering from some sort of personality disorder, which a counselor can help with. They aren't useless at all, they help people through some really tough issues.

You have nothing to lose so you may as well give it a go, the worst thing that is going to happen is you get to rant at how unfair the world is to someone without them arguing back

I don't have self worth issues and I do not have some sort of personality disorders.

I've got nothing to lose, but it's a complete waste of NHS resources if I were to go to a counselor. Absolute waste.

Yeah I know that but I don't think beating them up is the best way to change attitudes in all honesty. I will stick to police reporting and talking to the civilly.

OK then, but the point I'm making is that it's not your beauty that's the issue, rather the awful men.
Reply 113

They're not useless - they were the only thing that prevented someone close to me from actually succeeding in their suicide attempts.
Original post by CJKay
They're not useless - they were the only thing that prevented someone close to me from actually succeeding in their suicide attempts.

Sorry to be a bit self-centred, but they're useless to me; especially considering that I'm not going to kill myself.

I don't have self worth issues and I do not have some sort of personality disorders.

So you don't think you are inferior because of the way you look?
Because if you do that sounds a lot like an inferiority complex to me...

I've got nothing to lose, but it's a complete waste of NHS resources if I were to go to a counselor. Absolute waste.

No it wouldn't, you are obviously a very negative and sad person, it is best to seek help early before these issues spiral into something more siniter. You say your life is worthless because boys do not look at you - does this not make you unhappy?
This lack of self worth can often be a trigger for depression and even suicide, so really you will be saving the NHS money in the long run. You may feel ok now, but one day it will start to effect you.
(edited 11 years ago)
So you don't think you are inferior because of the way you look?
Because if you do that sounds a lot like an inferiority complex to me...

Of course I do. But that's not an inferiority complex, that's just the truth in the world we live in today.

No it wouldn't, you are obviously a very negative and sad person, it is best to seek help early before these issues spiral into something more siniter.

Like what?

You say your life is worthless because boys do not look at you - does this not make you unhappy?

Yes is does, but I just get over it and move on. Doesn't change the truth.

This lack of self worth can often be a trigger for depression and even suicide, so really you will be saving the NHS money in the long run. You may feel ok now, but one day it will start to effect you.

No, that will not happen. It will never lead to that.
It's not just about relationships. It's also about sex.

When guys see me, I want guys to think "I would have sex with that". That would make me happy.

Sure, I would love to think I'm "relationship material", but I also want the knowledge that I'm worthy of having sex with guys.

To feel an orgasm with a guy you want must be (one of the) best things ever. And I can't have that.

This is on the verge of sounding slutty. Maybe change your way of thinking by feeling positive and men will notice this confidence and want to be around you. Who knows, every guy is different!
Reply 118
I think you are punching way above your league, getting rejected/having no one interested and then being really bitter about it. I don't know why people keep falling for your threads.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Devina-S
This is on the verge of sounding slutty. Maybe change your way of thinking by feeling positive and men will notice this confidence and want to be around you. Who knows, every guy is different!

I never reveal my opinions expressed on this thread in public.

Original post by MancBoy
ISA is just shallow and bitter. I don't know why people keep falling for her threads.

Then go away.

Latest