The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Accommodation at Bath Spa

I'm seriously considering firming Bath Spa, just have to work up the nerve to do it :eek:
At the open day, I didn't look at accommodation so I'm relying on google, but would appreciate some advice when picking somewhere, either from current students or anyone who's looked round them.
I will be studying at Newton Park, but I'm aware how far from the city centre it is and although I'm not much of a party person, I would prefer to be closer to the centre.
WHERE WHERE WHERE?
Original post by Phorr
I'm seriously considering firming Bath Spa, just have to work up the nerve to do it :eek:
At the open day, I didn't look at accommodation so I'm relying on google, but would appreciate some advice when picking somewhere, either from current students or anyone who's looked round them.
I will be studying at Newton Park, but I'm aware how far from the city centre it is and although I'm not much of a party person, I would prefer to be closer to the centre.
WHERE WHERE WHERE?

I'm an alumnus of Bath Spa and heading back there this year to do a PGCE. When I was in student accommodation, I was in Temple on campus.

During my time there, I wasn't phased by the distance of the uni from the town centre. It's only four miles and there's a bus that's very regular. If you choose to live closer to town, then there is accommodation there. Waterside court and it's neighbour Charlton Court are within walking distance of town. I can't comment on Charlton Court as it wasn't built when I was as student there, but my friends who lived in Waterside Court sometimes got annoyed at the noise when they wanted to study. That said, if you're a very social person then Waterside Court would be a nice place for you to be.
(edited 11 years ago)
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Smellslikepie
I'm an alumnus of Bath Spa and heading back there this year to do a PGCE. When I was in student accommodation, I was in Temple on campus.

During my time there, I wasn't phased by the distance of the uni from the town centre. It's only four miles and there's a bus that's very regular. If you choose to live closer to town, then there is accommodation there. Waterside court and it's neighbour Charlton Court are within walking distance of town. I can't comment on Charlton Court as it wasn't built when I was as student there, but my friends who lived in Waterside Court sometimes got annoyed at the noise when they wanted to study. That said, if you're a very social person then Waterside Court would be a nice place for you to be.

I've been looking at Waterside, it looks nice and I'm relatively social. Plus it's not overly expensive. Obviously, as an undergraduate, I'm concerned about budgeting, not sure I could afford Charlton tbh.
I was thinking mainly about if you wanted to go out on a night or something, I mean I know there is the SU bar at the end of the campus and you could just roll out, but I'd be worried about getting back and wouldn't fancy walking four miles in the dark haha.
Original post by Phorr
I've been looking at Waterside, it looks nice and I'm relatively social. Plus it's not overly expensive. Obviously, as an undergraduate, I'm concerned about budgeting, not sure I could afford Charlton tbh.
I was thinking mainly about if you wanted to go out on a night or something, I mean I know there is the SU bar at the end of the campus and you could just roll out, but I'd be worried about getting back and wouldn't fancy walking four miles in the dark haha.

Waterside court is nice and is pretty much the same as Charlton Court (as far as I can tell).

Going on a night out if you're living on campus is never a problem as the university buses run very late. Until around 3 or 4 AM. If you somehow managed to miss the last bus, taxis with friends generally don't cost very much. As far as I remember, it was £10 to get to the uni in a taxi.

Also, the SU bar had some brilliant nights on while I was at uni. I really enjoyed it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending