The Student Room Group

abit of a freak out right now!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaraWarah
There are numerous graduates on this forum, is all I can say. I am here simply to pass some time and look up some things I wished to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You earn a 6 figure salary and have time to start arguments with 17 year olds on a student forum? :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by pandabird
You can do it!! Pressure is the best motive for revision, trust me I know. This pressure will push you to work your best! Take a deep breath, and organise a revision plan. You'll do it :smile:

This really. At least, it was the case for me. I only had 2 June exams in my first year and I did ****e. I had six the next year and got all of my desired grades. Granted pressure may have the opposite affect on you, but I see it more as a driving force. Good luck :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're not predictions. I finished my A levels years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I'm just a bit confused, if you are a graduate then surely you do not have A*A*A*A - A*A*AA, as the A* grade was only introduced in 2010?
Reply 43
Original post by Felix Felicis
You earn a 6 figure salary and have time to start arguments with 17 year olds on a student forum? :rolleyes:

I do have a lot of free time, yes, but I don't see why it's your concern as to how I spend it.

I've worked hard to get where I am today.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
O
Original post by SophieGloria
Sorry I'm just a bit confused, if you are a graduate then surely you do not have A*A*A*A - A*A*AA, as the A* grade was only introduced in 2010?

I've explained this earlier.

Graduates like me, who took our A levels prior to 2010, were still aware of the scores we achieved in our modules, and so we calculate current grades to give employers a more accurate insight (not that my A levels are even relevant anymore!).

It is a little misleading, I must say, as we had no reason to aim for higher than what was needed for an A,really, as there was nothing higher to bother with, and so I was able to slack off somewhat in my 3rd and 4th subjects. The ambiguity about whether I would have two or three A stars is due to my maths modules being different to what they are today, making it unclear as to how I ought to convert my grade.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
I've explained this earlier.

Graduates like me, who took our A levels prior to 2010, were still aware of the scores we achieved in our modules, and so we calculate current grades to give employers a more accurate insight (not that my A levels are even relevant anymore!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

BS. No one does that!
They're not predictions. I finished my A levels years ago. Nowhere did I cite my A level grades as sufficient evidence for my intelligence, but given that even the most gifted can only achieve what I achieved at A level, it's certainly not evidence to the contrary.

I base my intelligence estimate on my success in academia (double first class honours BA, an MSc, and a research PhD, all at diffierent institutions, and all world top 5) and the workplace, where I have had the success to earn a highly comfortable six figure salary.

In the interest of anonymity I would rather not name my advisor. I would inform you of my area of work but that would lead you to a very easy inference as to my identity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody asked how intelligent you are, they asked for help with revision.
If you want someone to be proud of your achievements go and phone your mum.
Reply 47
Revision plans are pretty useless. Just work when you feel like it and be sensible about it. That's how I get my straight A/A* grades.

Useless for you maybe...
Reply 48
Original post by megfashion
i just dont know how i am supposed to do all of this!!

i have 9 exams in summer... 9.... and i need to get AAB for the uni i really want to go to...

my first 2 are on may 13th... my last one is june 19th...

i just... don't have enough time...

HELP!!! :frown:

I'm sorry but I feel no pity.. I had to sit 11 exams in the space of 2.5 weeks and I managed it as did every other of the 50,000 (every year) Irish Leaving Certificate students that year and every year previously and subsequently.

All you need is to knuckle down and actually study! It's not that difficult and you only have 3 subjects to concentrate on. So have a bit of cop-on and just get on with it!
Reply 49
BS. No one does that!

You are quite ignorant. I certainly did, and many of my former colleagues did so too. It was relatively common practice to put say:
AAAA (equivalent to blah under new A* grading system)

Get your facts right please. The statement that 'nobody' does that is far from true, given that I do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by therisenmitten
Nobody asked how intelligent you are, they asked for help with revision.
If you want someone to be proud of your achievements go and phone your mum.

My mother is dead.. which given my age isn't entirely implausible..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
You are quite ignorant. I certainly did, and many of my former colleagues did so too. It was relatively common practice to put say:
AAAA (equivalent to blah under new A* grading system)

Get your facts right please. The statement that 'nobody' does that is far from true, given that I do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely you'd realise that if you have a 1st class Bsc, a Msc and a research PhD, a few marks gained from an A-level exam entitling you to an A* is extremely trivial. Just keep throwing these bs clues at us. And by the way, your attempts to sound mature and intelligent isn't working :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Surely you'd realise that if you have a 1st class Bsc, a Msc and a research PhD, a few marks gained from an A-level exam entitling you to an A* is extremely trivial. Just keep throwing these bs clues at us.

Indeed it is trivial! That is why I don't normally even put my grades on a CV. I mentioned earlier that they weren't particularly relevant to me anymore. I used to include them, but now only really include them on my LinkedIn profile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Indeed it is trivial! That is why I don't normally even put my grades on a CV. I mentioned earlier that they weren't particularly relevant to me anymore. I used to include them, but now only really include them on my LinkedIn profile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your PhD in?
Reply 54
And by the way, your attempts to sound mature and intelligence isn't working :tongue:

Obviously I write somewhat differently to how you might. English not even being my first language, I'm not one to find it very easy to distinguish between how I should speak at work/in emails/online etc. But then you weren't to know that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely you'd realise that if you have a 1st class Bsc, a Msc and a research PhD, a few marks gained from an A-level exam entitling you to an A* is extremely trivial. Just keep throwing these bs clues at us. And by the way, your attempts to sound mature and intelligence isn't working :tongue:

I think a lot of things don't sound right.

Unless the user had a sex change from Sara to Stephen and has already graduated despite replying to a thread discussing where they would like to graduate from in the future.
Never mind the ridiculous obsession this middle-aged high earner has with their A-level grades.

Maybe we should stop baiting them.
Reply 56
What is your PhD in?

I'd rather not disclose my title for obvious reasons, but it was a joint venture between the mathematics and economics departments. As above, no, I will not name my supervisor in the interest of my anonymity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by therisenmitten
I think a lot of things don't sound right.

Unless the user had a sex change from Sara to Stephen and has already graduated despite replying to a thread discussing where they would like to graduate from in the future.
Never mind the ridiculous obsession this middle-aged high earner has with their A-level grades.

Maybe we should stop baiting them.

Sara is my girlfriend, which I hope explains that! SaraWarah is a pun, and a fiendishly good one at that :wink:

If you were to read my post in the graduation thread, you'd notice that it was a joke post. Obviously I wouldn't "make do with Harvard" :smile:

Middle aged? Wow, I'm not that old!

My (anglicised) name is indeed Stephen, so kudos to you for visiting my profile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
I've tried the stay up all night approach multiple times, and I usually get to be at 3am or later. It doesn't work on revision because you feel so shiz, I instantly started working better in the day when I got to bed early.
Reply 59
so do i...far too early for revision though..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending