The Student Room Group

What poems will not be featured in the Higher Exam? Reply Needed ASAP!

Hello,

Has anyone got any information yet as to which poems will not be featured on the Higher Unit 2 : Poetry Across Time AQA paper? If you do, then please post here, it for the exam on the 23rd of May!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
In the Relationships section these poems shouldn't be featured

In Paris With You - James Fenton

Brothers - Andrew Forster

Sister Maude - Christina Georgina Rossetti

(You can still write about them!!!)

Although i'm quite unsure about the other topics so i'm sorry if you don't do relationships!
I can't be 100% on this remember as it's only what has been told by my teacher, i'm doing the same exam!
Good luck:smile::smile:
Reply 2
Original post by vickylx

Although i'm quite unsure about the other topics so i'm sorry if you don't do relationships!
I can't be 100% on this remember as it's only what has been told by my teacher, i'm doing the same exam!

Sorry how do you know these poems won't be featured? Were they in the Jan exam or something? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by vickylx

Thank you so much! Yes I'm doing Relationships so this is a big help. How long ago did she tell you this beautiful information?

Original post by joey4live
Sorry how do you know these poems won't be featured? Were they in the Jan exam or something? :confused:

There is a section on the AQA website which is only accessible by teachers and can only be seen by teachers. There is a document which states what poems will not be featured on the exams, some teachers choose to tell whereas the majority keep quiet about it. This is why TES is the place to be, sharing knowledge is useful.
Reply 4
Original post by IHTWFR
There is a section on the AQA website which is only accessible by teachers and can only be seen by teachers. There is a document which states what poems will not be featured on the exams, some teachers choose to tell whereas the majority keep quiet about it. This is why TES is the place to be, sharing knowledge is useful.

OMG, Thanks so much this is very useful :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by IHTWFR
Thank you so much! Yes I'm doing Relationships so this is a big help. How long ago did she tell you this beautiful information?

Lol. Thanks. Any more hidden information you can share with us :tongue:?
Reply 6
She double checked it fairly recently and it seems that this is the most up to date in Relationships!
Reply 7
Original post by joey4live
OMG, Thanks so much this is very useful :biggrin:

Original post by vickylx
She double checked it fairly recently and it seems that this is the most up to date in Relationships!

It's Vicky you should be thanking :smile: Everyone that found the information useful please go rep her!

Original post by cleveradam
Lol. Thanks. Any more hidden information you can share with us :tongue:?

Hehe :P No more hidden information, I'm afraid... Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by IHTWFR
It's Vicky you should be thanking :smile: Everyone that found the information useful please go rep her!

Aw!! Thank you -anything I can do to help!!!!:redface:
Reply 9
Original post by vickylx

Was the poems you said for higher or for foundation?
don't want to make a silly mistake!
It seems fairly dodgy/weird considering all the poems your teacher has said have not featured in the last 4 higher tiered exams. But then again it could be true...
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending