The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SloaneRanger
Gucci like with all Saville Row shops are really fussy who they have as recommended sellers, hence why you don't see it in House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis etc.... someone probably told him it cost that otherwise it would probably be a more rounded figure like £200..... When you buy a belt like that, I got one from LV £350 its last me over 2 years for work, makes good standing in an interview. But i made sure to picked a design far less familiar to the fakes you see :biggrin:

Yeah I have one Gucci belt, I got it at Barneys in NYC when I urgently needed a black belt. It's fairly classic, a bit like this http://ibelts4u.com/images/201301/new_img/Stylish_Gucci_Refined_Black_Leather_Round_G_Buckle_Belts_For_Wo_original_img_a0dacb61b706cbb5c05827ab86beaf06_7214f788dd33aade708c9d3ad2aa2083.jpg

I was in doubt as I hardly ever shop anything from Gucci. The logos they've been doing has completely ruined it, to the point where I wouldn't be really proud if someone asked me where I got it. I shop at Net a Porter most of the time and use fairly non-famous brands, IRO, Alexander Wang, Chloé etc.
I think what the OP actually meant though, was what people would think if they saw someone with something quite expensive.
Original post by Millie228
Yeah I have one Gucci belt, I got it at Barneys in NYC when I urgently needed a black belt. It's fairly classic, a bit like this http://ibelts4u.com/images/201301/new_img/Stylish_Gucci_Refined_Black_Leather_Round_G_Buckle_Belts_For_Wo_original_img_a0dacb61b706cbb5c05827ab86beaf06_7214f788dd33aade708c9d3ad2aa2083.jpg

I was in doubt as I hardly ever shop anything from Gucci. The logos they've been doing has completely ruined it, to the point where I wouldn't be really proud if someone asked me where I got it. I shop at Net a Porter most of the time and use fairly non-famous brands, IRO, Alexander Wang, Chloé etc.
I think what the OP actually meant though, was what people would think if they saw someone with something quite expensive.

V.Nice, good to see someone with a connoisseur taste for fine things :wink:
It's a bit over the top... £215 would last me for a year at 15, going out every weekend!

But then, any 15 year old who has £215 to spend on a belt, I assume, has access to enough money not to worry about it.
Reply 83
I know many 15 year old football scholars that wear the likes of Gucci and LV, how can people criticise those kids that do wear expensive clothing and accessories, many may have worked and saved for it, many might have gotten it off mummy and daddy, but regardless money comes to those who work hard, if I was a parent who had a lot of money because I worked hard sure I'd buy my kids the best of the best. People who criticise those with money just don't work hard enough themselves.
Original post by tjpilling
I know many 15 year old football scholars that wear the likes of Gucci and LV, how can people criticise those kids that do wear expensive clothing and accessories, many may have worked and saved for it, many might have gotten it off mummy and daddy, but regardless money comes to those who work hard, if I was a parent who had a lot of money because I worked hard sure I'd buy my kids the best of the best. People who criticise those with money just don't work hard enough themselves.

Tough to digest for some, but true!
Reply 85
I would assume it is none of my business and their/their parents choice on what they choose to spend their money on.
I wouldn't be able to tell that it's a Gucci belt, let alone it's worth of £215. :confused:
Reply 87
I don't get why everyone's saying that someone wearing an expensive belt is automatically a snob or a chav... They're just richer than you. Deal with it.
IMG_0090.JPG

Why 15? Why not younger?
go to gucci.com you retard
PPPPPPAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That was the sound of me exhaling in a surprised manner. £215 on a belt?! It's alright for some!

Thinking about it literally the ONLY thing I own that is more expensive than that is my train pass. *goes out to buy a lottery ticket*
Kids can wear what they want lol. If they want to buy a Gucci belt why tf does it concern you at all?
To me, someone wearing an accessory that blatantly shows off a designer brand always comes across as incredibly materialistic.
Reply 93
Is this about Grace & Grace from Youtube? :wink: I happen to think that they have grown up a tad too fast..
Reply 94
I don't know - it supposed to be post about gucci belt, about vintage clothes or about people who fancys expensive clothes? either way - belt is nice. but wearing fake goods or showing-up is not nice. :smile: children shouldn't be spoiled but if mother buys 500EUR facial cream I guess teenage child wearing gucci is not shocking nor should it be - if they can afford it .

------
https://luvbridal.com.au/
(edited 6 years ago)
Im 15 and wearing a gucci belt right now for 11,000,000,000,000,000,000 $
Original post by Among Us Cyan

Old thread bud.

You confuse me so much man
Original post by V℮rsions
You confuse me so much man

And your weird sometimes (Im being forreal)

LMAO i knew i'd find you here cyan

Latest