The Student Room Group

Politics - don't understand essay question

Right, I've spent a long time trying to figure out what this question is asking me. I emailed my lecturer to ask for help but he's on holiday right now.

The question is: "Which level of analysis provides the most useful information about gangs’ contribution to security and insecurity: the individual level, the group level, or the global level?"

I've missed a lot of this term due to illness and I'm sure the question is straightforward but I just. Don't. Understand. I know what levels of analysis are, but can't figure out how/why they relate to gangs. Anyone able to help?
Reply 1
I would imagine it would want you to look at whether singular gang members and government officials etc are the issue, whether it's an internal state thing, looking at the actual gangs, government, police and army etc, or look at the greater aims of the gangs for instance the global 'War on Drugs' that fuels the Mexican cartels?
Reply 2
Original post by Steevee
I would imagine it would want you to look at whether singular gang members and government officials etc are the issue, whether it's an internal state thing, looking at the actual gangs, government, police and army etc, or look at the greater aims of the gangs for instance the global 'War on Drugs' that fuels the Mexican cartels?

Thanks a lot, that's definitely helped. I was thinking that was the case. I've read so many different articles and definitions of levels of analysis and I've managed to convince myself I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Reply 3
Original post by jays89
Thanks a lot, that's definitely helped. I was thinking that was the case. I've read so many different articles and definitions of levels of analysis and I've managed to convince myself I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Ok, don't take my word for it though D: I don't want to steer you the wrong way :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending