The Student Room Group

Best revision timetable

i'm trying to make a revision timetable for my sister but the one on getrevising is not much use as it won't take into account school time (she doesnt start study leave for another month) and seems to miss off some science units revision even when the exam is the next day.

Has anyone found a really good revision timetable creator?
Original post by Soraia
i'm trying to make a revision timetable for my sister but the one on getrevising is not much use as it won't take into account school time (she doesnt start study leave for another month) and seems to miss off some science units revision even when the exam is the next day.

Pen and paper? Excel? Google Calendar?
Add an activity for the times when she would be at school, entitled "SCHOOL"
Reply 3
Original post by Soraia
:smile:

I was ideally looking for something a bit more automated where you put in the exams and it generates all of the subject slots as shes getting a bit overwhelmed by trying to schedule revision for 12 linear GCSEs which add up to nearly 30 exams over the next couple of months but it may have to be pen and paper otherwise.

Lookup "getrevising"..create an account and go for it :smile:
Reply 4
I just used Excel. Make a spreadsheet with your timetable and commitments (plus times you want to be free and times when you can just relax) and then fill in the spaces with revision.

In terms of preparing for different exams, just create another spreadsheet with time going across (in weeks) and the subjects going down vertically. Put in when the exams are and then work backwards. Fill in the cells with the work you want to achieve by that stage and leave a week or two as emergency time to go back over stuff or speak to teachers. You can coordinate similar subjects that way or organise it so that you have some variety. In order to better prioritise yourself, get the specification for each subject and note which topics there are, then work out which you're best at (revise the least), okay with (revise if you have time) and the areas you're struggling with (sort this out first before going onto the easier stuff).

It will take an hour, tops, to sort all of this out, including the module information and knowing what you need to study the most.
Reply 5
Original post by Soraia

You can get the getrevising calendar to take school times into account. I got it to take my school times, sports and work timings all into account :tongue:
Reply 6
I've found the app "MyStudyPlan" to be really useful, you're able to enter which exams you have and when, the amount of time you want to send revising a day and then also the priority of the exam. It then calculates a plan for you. Good luck to your sister in her exams!
(edited 11 years ago)
Best method would be to create your own, can't go any more personalised.
It might feel scary whilst making it but after that you simply need to follow it

Personalised timetable you create according to your needs, etc > Automatic revision timetable

USING THE TSR APP
Reply 8
I personally believe that the best way to revise is to do it when you feel like it, and for the duration of time that you feel like you want to. Nothing is worse than doing something you don't enjoy, and this applies to revision too.
The way I work is to do as much revision as I can until I start to get really fed up and not want to do any more. Some days this is 2 hours, others it's 6 - it just really depends. I think you enjoy your revision much more if you fit it around your own happiness level, not the happiness level you think that doing X amount of hours will give you. I've never been one for revision timetables and I'm sitting on AAA walking into my A2's this summer. Maybe this is just for me, but I don't think that timetables work at all.
Reply 9
Thanks!
I use an android app called mystudylife which allows you to put in your timetable and you can add on when you want to study. The best thing is that you can edit it online and sync it to your phone so I get nofications when i should be studying etc. :smile:
Yes I have found a really good revision timetable creator here is the website http://gradetracker.com/lab/class-schedule-maker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending