The Student Room Group

Possible to learn c1 and c2 in 4 weeks?

Title says it all. Haven't really reviewed much of it as it takes me a lot to get into it. Could I also have any tips of how to revise hem? Thanks :smile:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess you'd have to be pretty good at maths. But sure, if you spend all day each day on it
Yes, but it engulf ALL of your time
Reply 3
Join the crew dude. i don't think there's any other option but work your behind off and pray just as hard
Reply 4
Original post by Rdgreen
Title says it all.

No
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Well I'm not so good at maths, haha. I've been doing a bit to much chemistry and not enough maths. This ain't gonna go good
Reply 6
Original post by Rdgreen
Well I'm not so good at maths, haha. I've been doing a bit to much chemistry and not enough maths. This ain't gonna go good

Then, definitely no

People who are good at maths spend the year in lessons, learning the material

Why are you suddenly considering picking up maths at this stage

Oh, and you would need an applied course too
Well C1 I think you could but C2 would be quite hard..

Just concentrate on the topics you find hard in C2? I personally find trig hard so I will be devoting a lot of time into it
Reply 8
unless you've already learned it and its just reviewing i doubt it.
Reply 9
Original post by Rdgreen
Title says it all. Haven't really reviewed much of it as it takes me a lot to get into it. Could I also have any tips of how to revise hem? Thanks :smile:)

I think its possible but as said by other posters its going to take up all of your time. I'm in the exact same position as you so maybe we could help each other. Do you have the active books or edexcel books?
Reply 10
Original post by TenOfThem
Then, definitely no

People who are good at maths spend the year in lessons, learning the material

Why are you suddenly considering picking up maths at this stage

Oh, and you would need an applied course too

I think he's already learnt it but not revised it i assume.
Reply 11
Why isn't it possible? Of course it is. You just have to revise smart.
Original post by Albino
I think he's already learnt it but not revised it i assume.

perhaps .. I was only going on his title which apparently "says it all"
Reply 13
Yeah I have learnt it and just need to revise:L
Original post by margyrain
I think its possible but as said by other posters its going to take up all of your time. I'm in the exact same position as you so maybe we could help each other. Do you have the active books or edexcel books?

I presume that you negged me because I said it was impossible to learn 2/3 of an AS Level in 4 weeks and you disagree ... why
(edited 11 years ago)
It's possible of course, just go through every example in the books and be sure to do ALL the past papers. Use examsolutions for when you get stuck, can be VERY helpful.. especially when you don't have the liberty of your teachers at home.
Interesting responses... there was another thread on this many months ago and a lot of people said they learnt C2 in a short time (4 days-1 week or so). 4 weeks should be enough IMO.
Original post by Rdgreen

haha so the title is VERY misleading - just thought i'd point that out :tongue:

However , yeah you can easily revise it all in 4 weeks as you've already learnt it - takes about 10 minutes to go through rules and such then the majority of your time should be practicing with questions
Original post by Rdgreen

Then the thread title does not say it all!

Given that you are "not very good at maths" and you have not focussed on maths during the year this is not going to be easy

Do you have a grade in mind that you are aiming for
Reply 19
I've taken all year to learn my 6 maths exams, with 4weeks your risking yourself a low C at best, if you want seriously good grades then start next term (september)

Edit nvm: considering your not confident by assumption on these topics go over all of them, blast out past papers and solomon papers and hope for the best but don't blame the system when you don't get what you want
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest