The Student Room Group

mind ****! do i say something??

In the last 4 months I've been getting together on & off with my friend of 6 years, it's great when we are together but afterward we won't speak for like a month & then the same thing happens again & again, I've started to really like him but not sure of what his intentions are, I think he's just liking being single & that's fair enough, my problem is my heads messed up with all this back & forth stuff as once I, over it and forget about it, it happens again.. How do I say something without completely ruining us as friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm in a similar situation and it's pretty irritating not knowing where things are heading. I think you should mention something, just ask straight out whats going on with the both of you. It'll get worse the longer you leave it, best off getting that awkward conversation out of the way now...
I love the creativity in your username! You clearly saw the username and password fields and combined the two for the best of both worlds. I wonder if your password is nameword :rolleyes:

If this problem is really messing with your head, talk to him about it. You need to set the record straight with him, and know what the deal is. Make it clear, are you friends with benefits? Do either of you want a relationship? Would things be easier if you went back to being just friends. If he's happy getting laid and not talking to you, but you're clearly not, something has to change. It doesn't sound like you are 'friends' at this moment, and I think you're clinging onto a connection because you have sex together. That's not the same as friendship. You won't solve this by ignoring it, you have to talk to him and find out exactly what his deal is.
Reply 3
Your right we're not exactly friends at this moment, I'm jut going to have to leave it until the next time the situation comes up and may it be a drunken conversation ill talk it out with him then, reality suck haha thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Userpass
In the last 4 months I've been getting together on & off with my friend of 6 years, it's great when we are together but afterward we won't speak for like a month & then the same thing happens again & again, I've started to really like him but not sure of what his intentions are, I think he's just liking being single & that's fair enough, my problem is my heads messed up with all this back & forth stuff as once I, over it and forget about it, it happens again.. How do I say something without completely ruining us as friends?

You're just a booty call for him. Make peace with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending