The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Placing them in multiple locations is the hard part though. Especially since when that first bomb goes off, you're screwed if you're found anywhere near any others. It's always very impersonal and doesn't really say anything about the person who did it...

The two explosions weren't very far apart though, and there was only 10 seconds between them. It wouldn't be too difficult to stroll past a couple of rubbish bins and drop a bag into each of them.
I'm surprised by the lack of progress from the investigation into whodunnit, compared to the Norway attacks where within the same day we had found out who the perpetrator was (I remember it being mentioned on here + twitter before the suspect was named in the major news outlets)
Original post by Cll_ws
The two explosions weren't very far apart though, and there was only 10 seconds between them. It wouldn't be too difficult to stroll past a couple of rubbish bins and drop a bag into each of them.

I thought they'd found a few undetonated devices as well?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_grills_saudi_man_XaT5rE40LDdAH44vMFOEXM

Police are now searching the Saudi man's apartment, and have further reason to suspect him.

It seems that all those who flooded the internet immediately after the attack claiming that this was all false, that he was a runner who'd been tackled by some redneck for "looking funny", were lying through their teeth, for reasons unknown.
Reply 484
Original post by itsmyname
I'm surprised by the lack of progress from the investigation into whodunnit, compared to the Norway attacks where within the same day we had found out who the perpetrator was (I remember it being mentioned on here + twitter before the suspect was named in the major news outlets)

The difference here was that Anders Breivik was still on Utøya carrying out the attacks when the police got there and thus it was easy to establish it was him. This situation seems to be carried out remotely after planting of the bombs and there is no shooting rampage for a suspect to have emerged.
Reply 485
Original post by itsmyname

Possibly because he then went out and shot a load of kids on an Island and had an online manifesto laying out who he was and why he did it.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_grills_saudi_man_XaT5rE40LDdAH44vMFOEXM

Police are now searching the Saudi man's apartment, and have further reason to suspect him.

It seems that all those who flooded the internet immediately after the attack claiming that this was all false, that he was a runner who'd been tackled by some redneck for "looking funny", were lying through their teeth, for reasons unknown.

You are drawing conclusions too soon. Police have not confirmed he was a suspect yet.
Reply 487
Original post by Fullofsurprises
You are drawing conclusions too soon. Police have not confirmed he was a suspect yet.

And the NY Post is not the most reliable of sources.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat

People were "lying through their teeth" because the head of police gave a press conference stating that this was untrue

Only news outlet reporting this "Saudi" issue is the NYPost, the same news outlet which stated that the death toll was way more than 3
Reply 489
Nobody was lying at all, they were just going by what sources like CBS were saying, just like the rest of us.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50144911n
As I am watching the horrific syndicated pictures of the Boston bombings, I think to myself about all those Americans with Irish family ties and background, who gladly poured dollars into the collection boxes in Irish pubs and clubs in Boston and elsewhere, to support the IRA and other Irish terrorist groups. They can now see first hand on their own streets, the carnage and death caused to innocent people that occurs when bombs are indiscriminately detonated in busy urban areas. Perhaps they might, just might, for a moment reflect on the fact that their joyfully made contributions to help "the boyos" back home, were used to buy Semtex to make bombs that devastated British cities for years, and were used to kill and maim innocent British men, women and children. I sincerely hope this does occur to them, but somehow I don't think it will.
Reply 491
Original post by Uncle Bulgaria
As I am watching the horrific syndicated pictures of the Boston bombings, I think to myself about all those Americans with Irish family ties and background, who gladly poured dollars into the collection boxes in Irish pubs and clubs in Boston and elsewhere, to support the IRA and other Irish terrorist groups. They can now see first hand on their own streets, the carnage and death caused to innocent people that occurs when bombs are indiscriminately detonated in busy urban areas. Perhaps they might, just might, for a moment reflect on the fact that their joyfully made contributions to help "the boyos" back home, were used to buy Semtex to make bombs that devastated British cities for years, and were used to kill and maim innocent British men, women and children. I sincerely hope this does occur to them, but somehow I don't think it will.

What a lovely, highly biased depiction of the IRA's campaign.

Either way, you have no idea how many in Boston poured money in and to judge them so is just ridiculous.
Reply 492
Original post by Jacob :)
Please don't let it be Islamic extremists.

precisely im fed up of some saudi thinking his doing something good by killing innnocents.
Original post by Hylean

Either way, you have no idea how many in Boston poured money in and to judge them so is just ridiculous.

the IRA put bombs in British cities bombs that were intended to kill men, women and children that's not biased that's the truth. You got the 2nd part right though obviously the chances are the people who have been killed/injured in this attack didn't have anything to do with that.
Reply 494
Original post by Hylean

It is a fairly well-established fact that the IRA received financial support from the United States, and Boston has an especially high concentration of Americans with a strong tie to Ireland and Irish nationalists.

It's also a fact that the IRA bombed mainland British streets , and Northern Irish Streets, in heavy urban areas and killed civilians. How is that biased?

Edit: it is true that there's low probability that the victims of this attack had involvement with funding the IRA, I should add.
(edited 11 years ago)
So sad :frown:
Horrible stuff, who in there right mind would want to do such a thing?
Reply 497
[video="youtube;h6a35zwF1a0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h6a35zwF1a0[/video]

This is really disturbing, how could they predict such a thing...?
Reply 498
Original post by Robbie242
[video="youtube;h6a35zwF1a0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h6a35zwF1a0[/video]

This is really disturbing, how could they predict such a thing...?

That video's been edited.
Reply 499
Original post by halbeth
That video's been edited.

I guess so, watching the actual episode now, there's not much correlation. However this episode is about muslim culture, so perhaps extremists have seen this and associated Boston marathon with it, this is all speculation though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending