The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Krish4791
0 in both lol! :biggrin: I forgot my account password, so I was unable to take part in Indian Wells and Miami.

I'm on 21 now - DelPo, Almagro and Monaco all pulled through for me (although Monfils didn't) and now looks like Gulbis will win as well! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever live up to my 2011 Draw Season though...

Oh how did you do last year? Urgh, another loss. Isner! 26 points now...
Reply 921
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I had del potro has finalist but after that first set......

I've got him as a semi finalist but i'm beginning to regret that decision. Did you know that this was Delpo's first main draw win in MC?
Original post by Natty.B
I've got him as a semi finalist but i'm beginning to regret that decision. Did you know that this was Delpo's first main draw win in MC?

Really?! :eek:
Reply 923
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Really?! :eek:

Yes!! :s-smilie: I'm not sure how many times he has played MC :\ i'm sure he may have won matches when he played in the qualifying tournament when he was younger but he didn't have a main draw win until today

I've had way too much faith in Delpo as of late, he really disappointed me in Miami (and also flopped my draw picks for that tournament, picked him to win :frown:)
(edited 11 years ago)
"Del Po is super awesome on clay, Top Hat!"

/DelPo taken to 3 sets by Dolgopolov and only wins because Dolgopolov choked furiously.
Original post by JOR2010
Oh how did you do last year? Urgh, another loss. Isner! 26 points now...

Last year I only played Shanghai (70ish pts) and Paris (40ish)
Reply 926
Last year I only played Shanghai (70ish pts) and Paris (40ish)

Are those good scores? I scored 94 for IW and 108 for Miami..
IW and Miami have larger draws than Shanghai and Paris, so you get more points. It's a good score for Shanghai. It's a poor score for Paris (sorry Krish :tongue: ).
Original post by TopHat
IW and Miami have larger draws than Shanghai and Paris, so you get more points. It's a good score for Shanghai. It's a poor score for Paris (sorry Krish :tongue: ).

I didn't play Paris but in fairness to Krish, I imagine Llodra and Janowicz threw a spanner in the works for the vast majority of people.
Haha - it's ok guys :tongue: Yeah, I got completely undone there with Janowicz, Llodra and Ferrer. I believe I went for Novak over DelPo in the final and got a lot wrong in between. I must say, however, that Paris is by far the most unpredictable of the masters events! I got a little lucky in 2011 when I picked Djokovic for IW, Miami, Madrid AND Rome + picked Roger for Paris
****ing lol. Matosevic broke Nadal at Monte Carlo.

EDIT: OMFG this is hilarious. Nadal and Matosevic are having a competition to see who can be more **** in this second set. If Nadal continues to play like this, he may actually lose Monte Carlo (not to Matosevic, though).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 932
Original post by TopHat
****ing lol. Matosevic broke Nadal at Monte Carlo.

EDIT: OMFG this is hilarious. Nadal and Matosevic are having a competition to see who can be more **** in this second set. If Nadal continues to play like this, he may actually lose Monte Carlo (not to Matosevic, though).

6/1 6/2 Hes on brilliant form.
Original post by ubi1
6/1 6/2 Hes on brilliant form.

Did you actually watch the match? It was 61 62 only because Matosevic is terrible. He has never won a single match on clay in his career before he beat Verdasco last round and has never been past 1R of a Grand Slam. Despite that, he broke Nadal once and created numerous break points before choking abysmally on all of them. Nadal was playing terribly the whole match and genuinely stands a chance of being knocked out early, never mind by Djoko on the final, if he does not drastically up his game.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh, Novak Djokovic what are you doing?!!
Reply 935
Oh, Novak Djokovic what are you doing?!!

I want djoker to lose:mad: how many points his he defending 600?
(edited 11 years ago)
This Monte Carlo is amazing. I swear, every single seed is just spewing bad tennis. Let's have a quick run through the top 12 seeds:

1. Djokovic is currently being beaten by Youzhny.
2. Okay Murray hasn't played yet.
3. Nadal got broken by Matosevic. Matosevic. And the only reason Matosevic didn't go up a double-break is because Matosevic choked furiously.
4. Berdych was down in both sets and Granollers served for the first. Berdych didn't get back through good play, either, Granollers just went on a determined march of the mugs.
5. Del Potro was taken by 3 to Dolgopolov who was a break up in the 3rd and then decided to miss every single shot he could to let Delpo back into the match, despite how badly Delpo was playing.
6. Tsonga was pretty good against Davydenko, actually, it was a nice match. Exception here.
7. Gasquet was pretty poor against Paire. Paire might have won if it wasn't for the fact Paire is insane. Like, bordering Monfils level of insane.
8. Tipsarevic is out already. lulz
9. The Cilic - Zeballos match was actually really good, and Cilic was tight against Anderson. Another exception, I guess.
10. Almagro was dire against Goffin for the whole first set and their third set was just shared horrificness that Almagro won by virtue of being less bad.
11. Simon is out already. lulz
12. Raonic is out already. lulz

So, out of the 12, 2 have played well, 1 hasn't played yet, and the other 9 have either been losing or trying as hard as they can to lose in the face of stern resistance.

I mean seriously, what's going on? Is it scheduling issues?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 937
5/1 come on youzny
Original post by ubi1
I want djoker to lose:mad: how many points his he defending 600?

Yup. Every top seed I've seen so far has been playing pretty poorly
Reply 939
Yup. Every top seed I've seen so far has been playing pretty poorly

accept Nadal!

Latest