The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

i wonder whose got the most comments on this thread....
Original post by lolface32
What person got 49 in all of them, I got 49 in two of them and hope you are not referring to me?:confused:

Besides, I don't understand why you are angry. ISA's are just the same questions over and over again, anyone can do good in them? But I have to agree with you, ISA's are INCREDIBLY flawed for this reason, easy A*. It is no wonder the losers in the bottom sets do better than those smarter :angry:

You're right, ISAs are extraordinarily flawed. They don't reward scientific skill, they reward students who understand how the exam system works and can think like an examiner. I got full marks in all three with barely any work whatsoever, simply because I studied the mark schemes in detail. As long as you're thorough in your thinking, understand the terminology AQA is crazy about and understand what specific points get you marks, you're almost guaranteed to get an A* even with a poor understanding of science.
Nope, let your anger out, seems it is the only place you can do it really. The best advice, probably not useful, I can give is be a consistent piss take on your school and the head of science :cool:

Oh don't worry I already do that. I haven't written notes in my book since october hahaha, I stopped bothering after what happened in the physics ISA and he can't teach anyway obviously as you can all see how much of an idiot he is. He said i'd fail the most recent science exam we did and I got an a* now he's butthurt :woo:
Original post by Captain Anonymous
i wonder whose got the most comments on this thread....

you do
you do

woooohooooo :d
Sneakbo2 vs Head of science

hehe... revision game anyone?
Original post by Blake-inator
hehe... revision game anyone?

biology, chemistry or physics? :>
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Sneakbo2 vs Head of science

My hypothesis is about fuels but in my method im talking about burning alcohols. Is this correct? :confused:
Reply 1069
I'm up for revision game. Lets do all three sciences!
okay, Explain how electromagnetic induction works and give examples of where it is used.
Also is a CGP revision guide an okay source as one of my two sources for my ISA
okay, Explain how electromagnetic induction works and give examples of where it is used.

By moving a magnet in a coil of wire or an electrical conductor in a magnetic field you can create electromagnetic induction. If the magnet or the coil will be moving backwards and forwards, a potential difference will be produced that keeps swapping direction (an alternating current).
This can also be done by turning a magnet in a coil, because as you turn the magnet, the magnetic field through coil changes and this change in the magnetic field induces a potential difference, which can make a current flow in the wire.
Example: in dynamos - on bikes to power lights.

Q: How the efficiency of food production can be improved?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kill3er
Also is a CGP revision guide an okay source as one of my two sources for my ISA

You can use absolutely anything as a source (even something made up, since the examiner isn't going to check) as long as you can justify why it was/was not useful.
Original post by Obliviate
By moving a magnet in a coil of wire or an electrical conductor in a magnetic field you can create electromagnetic induction. If the magnet or the coil will be moving backwards and forwards, a potential difference will be produced that keeps swapping direction (an alternating current).
This can also be done by turning a magnet in a coil, because as you turn the magnet, the magnetic field through coil changes and this change in the magnetic field induces a potential difference, which can make a current flow in the wire.
Example: in dynamos - on bikes to power lights.

Q: How the efficiency of food production can be improved?

less stages in food chain (animals waste a lot of biomass for non-edible parts)
restricting energy loss (intensively farmed animals so they dont waste energy on movement and giving off heat)
new food sources like Mycoprotein (efficient and can the Fusarium can feed on waste materials)
What four factors must you consider when designing a Biogas Generator?
Original post by Chlorophile
You can use absolutely anything as a source (even something made up, since the examiner isn't going to check) as long as you can justify why it was/was not useful.

Thanks!
Original post by Chlorophile

Really? I remember having to put every single detail of the website link onto the paper? :eek:
What four factors must you consider when designing a Biogas Generator?

Cost: A batch generator is cheaper than a continuous
efficiency: In a batch everything is done manually, continuous its all mechanical.
Convenience: What are you supplying, a batch for small scale, continuous for large
Really? I remember having to put every single detail of the website link onto the paper? :eek:

The information about the source has to be comprehensive, so if you were to make up for instance a book, you'd want to name a made up author, page number, etc. To be perfectly honest, it's not really worth the effort to make up a source but there's nothing in principle to stop you doing it. I didn't make up my sources but I specifically chose ones that I could talk about. One of my sources was a 1979 Britannica, the obvious comment being that although it goes into a lot of depth, it is potentially out of date and over complicated for my needs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending